ND to the ACC | Page 4 | The Boneyard

ND to the ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hit the wrong tab. I agree with Justa, nothing we can do so sit back and enjoy the games. I will have a beer or two and see what transpires.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Somewhere I hear the sound of Taps being played.

Reaction Score
Counselor, you have to admit that the ramifications of ND bolting the conference today are far different than what they would have been if they were kicked to the curb six, eight or ten years ago.

I personally believe that we (UConn) are victims of an eight year stretch of valueless leadership (university president position on flux from 2004-2011; worthless pencil pusher as AD from 2003-2011) and because of this we did nothing to capitalize on quite a bit of athletic accomplishments. What we need to do now is follow the example of schools like TCU, who could have easily thrown in the towel when the SWC folded and they were kicked to the curb. If we can find a way to make ourselves relevant in football some conference of substance will want us. The margin for error however has just become microscopic.

You nailed it. UConn does not have reputational capital in football and it might be another five to ten years before it does, if it ever does, given Hathaway's uninspired hiring of P and D. If football makes the mare gallop fast, UConn is not going to be able to chart its own conference destiny but will have its destiny defined for it. It's the hard truth but there you have it.

Reaction Score
Might ND's decision to affiliate with the ACC helpUConn's chances of an invitation to the Big 10? Just wondering out loud......
Anyway, now the ACC will learn what life with a narcissist is like. F ND and the ACC too. Actually I hope we never become part of the ACC, partly because ND is there.

Go Huskies!!! I'll always be watching, cheering, complaining, praising, moaning, groaning and looking forward to the next play, next game and next season, regardless of the foe's conference affiliation... or ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom