ND Champ. game press conference live now | The Boneyard

ND Champ. game press conference live now

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Wow... Muffet said the rivalry has "lost its civility". When later asked what it would take to bring some civility back she said "I think we're past that."

She admitted there was tension in the room during the Ap awards ceremony because they wanted McBride to win POY.

Said Philly roots are about the only thing she and Geno have in common.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The ND vs UConn series will not be renewed after the next two game, unless ESPN forces the issue. ND will pull a Lady Vols and decide not to renew the series, thinking we don't need UConn. Just my opinion and hope I'm wrong.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
In all fairness, it's awfully hard to have a huge rivalry and have the 2 head coaches be best buds. It's odd, though - I wonder where it all went downhill. And I have to admit, being ungracious because you "wanted McBride to win POY" is just classless and bad form. It's an example, albeit a small one, of putting players before the team. My point is, I'm sure Geno was thrilled for Stewie, but he'd be the first to tell her "you want NPOY or you want a NC?". Kids simply don't come to UCONN for personal accolades...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
During the conference shifting when Geno called out ND would be my guess.

Reaction Score
What's her problem? Is there more to this than we know? What happened to cause the bad blood? I mean there are times we play Louisville a bunch and there isn't this kind of animosity. I'm a little surprised by this, especially when Geno goes out of his way to praise ND .

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I wonder if her reaction was because a UConn player won the POY Award. Kayla was a long shot at best as many thought Chiney would win. Kayla was not in serious discussion for POY.

Wow... Muffet said the rivalry has "lost its civility". When later asked what it would take to bring some civility back she said "I think we're past that."

She admitted there was tension in the room during the Ap awards ceremony because they wanted McBride to win POY.

Said Philly roots are about the only thing she and Geno have in common.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Tension? You mean like the looks on the faces of the ND players sitting in the front row staring at Stewart? My first reaction upon seeing this photo was that must have been one tense room.

Reaction Score
Tension? You mean like the looks on the faces of the ND players sitting in the front row staring at Stewart?

Wow! Look at that - Stewie's lucky she survived that stare-down. Maybe that's why she doesn't seem worried about Tuesday night. She's planning on getting her revenge...hehehe

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I don't have a problem so much with the back and forth between Geno and Muffet; they both get their digs in and Geno leads in that department. I did find her behavior at the AP awards ceremony to be small and petty and it sounds like she was asked about it and pretty much admitted she didn't applaud Breanna because she thought her player should have won the award. I can not imagine Geno ever behaving that way. Ever.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
UConn's presser starts at 2:10 ET, 1:10 Central.

Reaction Score
UConn's presser starts at 2:10 ET, 1:10 Central.
Why don't they ever have printed post-game quotes anymore on the UCONN site for the women? They do, occasionally for the men.

Reaction Score
And people wonder why women's basketball can't grow as a sport.

Some really small petty people in the sport.

I hope Geno is asked to respond.

Reaction Score
What's her problem? Is there more to this than we know? What happened to cause the bad blood? I mean there are times we play Louisville a bunch and there isn't this kind of animosity. I'm a little surprised by this, especially when Geno goes out of his way to praise ND .

Geno praises ND when it suits him to; he's playing mind games (which he is very good at).

It changed when ND started winning games against UConn. Flash back to when UConn started beating Tennessee; Cruella had a different spin once that started happening. Geno's remarks about ND football and it's not joining the Big East in that sport didn't help. And the scheduling thing, well, there are conflicting reports on what has gone on there. My guess is it's gamesmanship on both sides.

Reaction Score
During the conference shifting when Geno called out ND would be my guess.

I highly doubt that. MM had no control over that.

If anything, the "fib" comment was more likely to ruffle feathers.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I did find her behavior at the AP awards ceremony to be small and petty and it sounds like she was asked about it and pretty much admitted she didn't applaud Breanna because she thought her player should have won the award. I can not imagine Geno ever behaving that way. Ever.

Wow. When did her perspective on college athletics get skewed like this? I used to think she had her head on straight.

Reaction Score
And people wonder why women's basketball can't grow as a sport.

Some really small petty people in the sport.

I hope Geno is asked to respond.
I hope he doesn't respond! Let our players do the talking on the court. Let him take the high road...

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Wow. When did her perspective on college athletics get skewed like this? I used to think she had her head on straight.
I'm with ya, Biff.

Never really liked her, but this behavior is pathetic. Grow up Muffet.

Reaction Score
I highly doubt that. MM had no control over that.

If anything, the "fib" comment was more likely to ruffle feathers.
Yeah I guess Muffet thought UConn should play 41 games or cancel one of their out of conference games just to squeeze them in?

Reaction Score
I hope he doesn't respond! Let our players do the talking on the court. Let him take the high road...
Agree! I'd like Stewie to show Muffet what a real ally-oop looks like and not the lame women's version ND runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom