ND Champ. game press conference live now | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ND Champ. game press conference live now

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Religion is not relevant here. Nor should it be brought up on a sports board.

Really? Religion isn't the gist of this post. Grace is, and grace is a virtue that is in the realm of everything that is good about people....except perhaps, some....?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
You have no idea what the start was.

If anything, it goes all the way back to the 2011 F4 and Bruszewki's (alleged) comment.

It goes way, way back my friend, much further than a couple of years.

Reaction Score
Really? Religion isn't the gist of this post. Grace is, and grace is a virtue that is in the realm of everything that is good about people....except perhaps, some....?
Icebear brought up Pope Francis' teachings. I'm sure the Mods have no desire to see those discussed on this board.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Hey, someone has to draw the least number of fouls in the nation. It might as well be UCONN. And it is quite logical teams rely on 3s against UCONN because no one wants to drive the lane against the best shot blocking team in women's basketball. More 3s usually equals fewer fouls.

Last edited:

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Icebear brought up Pope Francis' teachings. I'm sure the Mods have no desire to see those discussed on this board.

You can't be serious. The post was about GRACE - who CARES who is teaching it?

Reaction Score
vowelguy said:
You have no idea what the start was.

If anything, it goes all the way back to the 2011 F4 and Bruszewki's (alleged) comment.

I agree. I think this is where it all started.

Reaction Score
For those who took Psychology 101 in school: 100+ years ago Freud talked about a concept he called penis envy. Over the years our understanding of human behavior has left that concept in the dust. But I might suggest MM has 'Geno envy' because of his success and the attention he gets.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Why don't they ever have printed post-game quotes anymore on the UCONN site for the women? They do, occasionally for the men.
They seem to ONLY do it for home games - no idea why since the transcripts are produced from every PC, but Uconn never loads the road ones to the site and I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with 'copyright'.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
This is the best thing that could have happened to us- I think we will win this game by 20+~ I think it may be 25 pts. I think we will be so high but composed tonite- the program will shine and we will exploit our strengths all night.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Muffet explains per Richard Deitsch at SI:

"We don't have a relationship," McGraw said. "I think that (the civility) got lost. When we were in the same conference (the Big East) I think there was a modicum of it but I think after beating them and not feeling any respect from that, we lost something."

ND beat UConn and UConn didn't given them enough respect. I'd be curious what Geno should have said or done that would have shown respect? I'd love for someone to ask her what proper respect would have looked and sounded like? Most people who complain about a lack of respect have trouble answering that question.

Last edited:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

"We don't have a relationship," McGraw said. "I think that (the civility) got lost. When we were in the same conference (the Big East) I think there was a modicum of it but I think after beating them and not feeling any respect from that, we lost something."

ND beat UConn and UConn didn't given them enough respect. I'd be curious what Geno should have said or done that would have show respect?

Pure BS on Muffet's part. Respect is earned, not given. Geno gave plenty of credit to ND during their streak against us.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I sort of agree with Geno on this - no reason to have rival coaches be best buds and pretty hard to accomplish when you are playing 4 times a year in an intense rivalry. So ... I have no problem with Muffet throwing zingers or playing the disrespect card, or trying to play the refs on fouls. Coaches do that.

I do have a problem with the 'tension in the room' and lack of acknowledgement of a 19 yr old kid in an 'unsurprising' award ceremony. Unsurprising in that everyone in that room knew who was winning what award before they walked in.

Reaction Score
I completely agree with this post, especially that which I have highlighted. I have always seen McGraw as a wanna be (and for lack of a better term) whiner, not getting the attention she (felt she) wanted or deserved. Grace is a virtue, and I do not believe that she has any grace in her coat pockets, or if so, she has shown very little of it over the years. She has coached a good squad, but I believe that it is also about sportsmanship. GOOD sportsmanship.

Say goodbye Pat and hello Muffet.

Then again, I hope not ( for there is always hope). Perhaps she will take a good look in the mirror and see the world for what it is (and over which we have little control) and change her mind about a few things...oh, and perhaps achieve a little grace.
Pat was gracious especially after the 2000 NC when she addressed our team and congratulated them on playing a great game. She was holding in a lot of anger when Geno would push her buttons. Geno was partly to blame for the rift. With Muffett, it's all on her. They beat us 7 out of 9 and for the last 12 years could not win a championship. That's their fault. I think she's especially miffed we won last year when Baylor was knocked out and it would have been a clear path for them. Having a good program is commendable but for good or bad, people count championships.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score

ND beat UConn and UConn didn't given them enough respect. I'd be curious what Geno should have said or done that would have show respect?

How miserably pubescent. I remember going through that... it was rough what with all the fiery emotional outbursts, new hair and pimples...

YOPB

Reaction Score
Muffet plain and simply has acted like a clown for awhile now. Class is something you either have or don't. There are plenty of other top teams to play ooc games with to keep our competition level up. I actually hope she does cancel the series. No problem playing them in the tournament only and beating them there.

Reaction Score
I see she's decided to follow in Pat's footsteps...
I'm not a fan of Tennessee or Pat Summitt, but Muffet will never be at Pat's level. Pat did more for the game than Muffet can dream of, never mind the disparity in championships won.

Reaction Score

ND beat UConn and UConn didn't given them enough respect. I'd be curious what Geno should have said or done that would have shown respect? I'd love for someone to ask her what proper respect would have looked and sounded like? Most people who complain about a lack of respect have trouble answering that question.
Se we disrespected them by not letting them win the NC they deserved after beating us 3 times last year?

Reaction Score
Respect is earned....it comes naturally. If you do not think you are getting deserved respect, beat your rivalry and that would be the best revenge. Even if Geno does not respect ND (big assumption, as he always praised ND team after losing out to them.) while the rest WBB respect your ND team greatly, you should not be disappointed. Being a cry baby is not a good motivation tool for your team.
When Diana Taurasi lost NPOY to Duke player one year, did you hear Geno being uncivilized about it? Geno and UConn are not in that voting process. Looks like Muffet vented out the frustration over AP voting to the wrong people this time.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
I see she's decided to follow in Pat's footsteps...
chosen 1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits