ND awful again, UCF is a better team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ND awful again, UCF is a better team

Reaction Score
Put Norte Dame in the layoff and they prove they don't belong. But they still get the money and they have made a bundle when they should have gotten none.

UCF certainly would have shown better even with a back up QB,
Let's wait for UCF to beat LSU. Which i hope they do.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think Clemson with Dexter Lawrence playing and Trevor Lawrence coming into his own now, is better than either Georgia or Alabama. I would rank them 1) Clemson 2) Bama 3) Georgia 4) Oklahoma or Ohio State

They may be. We will find out. I hope they win. It's just impossible to know.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Let's wait for UCF to beat LSU. Which i hope they do.
Mixed emotions. This will possibly be the only game I watch (The Orange and Cotton were on my TV, but I wasn't really watching.).

I want UCF to win for the sake of the AAC.

On the other hand, the Big 12 just might extend them an invitation as they receive the trophy. For better or worse, UCF gives the AAC at least a modicum of credibility.

Reaction Score
What good reason would a highly touted prospect have to play in a meaningless exhibition game?

Easy for the head coach to say play when they have millions in the bank, as opposed to the kid that helped make those millions and has $0 in their bank account to show for it.

The reasons would be every other player on the team and the fans that are traveling to support the team.
The other issue of money isn't entirely separate, but it is distinct in that it can be addressed if they wanted to. And the fact is that while the kid may have $0 to show for it, those Coaches, teammates, fans and the University played a major part in his being in a good position. This has begun bleeding into regular season games as well and it's going to cause more problems down the road. Maybe should be addressed by the conferences vs the individual teams, but if they choose to be spectators let them sit in the stands. It's a terrible message to send.

Reaction Score
The Oklahoma Bama game was basically over by the first quarter. Oh never seriously threatened. In fact very few of these semi final games have been any good since this travesty of a tournament began. The limitation on the number of teams and limiting selection to teams that will draw viewers is partly to blame. I suspect Clemson Alabama is Starting to bore folks too.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The reasons would be every other player on the team and the fans that are traveling to support the team.
The other issue of money isn't entirely separate, but it is distinct in that it can be addressed if they wanted to. And the fact is that while the kid may have $0 to show for it, those Coaches, teammates, fans and the University played a major part in his being in a good position. This has begun bleeding into regular season games as well and it's going to cause more problems down the road. Maybe should be addressed by the conferences vs the individual teams, but if they choose to be spectators let them sit in the stands. It's a terrible message to send.

The players provide jobs for the coaches, they provide entertainment for the fans, and they provide money to the university from ticket sales and tv deals. All of which pales in comparison to the scholarship that the school extends to them.

If they want to sit out they should be able to. If you want to not allow them to travel to the games, I'm sure they would be just as happy to watch the game on tv.

If all you had to do was avoid being injured and would be in line for a 1st round NFL draft picks salary/bonus, there isn't a sane person here who would risk that to play in the Petco Dog Food Bowl in Boca Raton Florida.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Notre Dame’s resume was light years better than UCF’s. Attempting to argue the opposite is patently absurd.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The Oklahoma Bama game was basically over by the first quarter. Oh never seriously threatened. In fact very few of these semi final games have been any good since this travesty of a tournament began. The limitation on the number of teams and limiting selection to teams that will draw viewers is partly to blame. I suspect Clemson Alabama is Starting to bore folks too.

Um if you let in more and worse teams Alabama and Clemson would just beat them by more points.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Um if you let in more and worse teams Alabama and Clemson would just beat them by more points.

The problem to fix blow outs is clearly to allow worse teams in. Duh.

Reaction Score
Put me down for:

1. Notre Dame didn’t deserve to be there.

2. Georgia deserved it more than tOSU and UCF.

3. Even an 8 team playoff won’t be inclusive enough. The P5 has no desire to be inclusive outside of the P5.. They want more brand names in big games on TV. There are very few if any brand names outside the P5 so an 8 team playoff is as much of a joke as 4 team playoff.

4. My interest in college football wanes.

Reaction Score
Put me down for:

1. Notre Dame didn’t deserve to be there.

2. Georgia deserved it more than tOSU and UCF.

3. Even an 8 team playoff won’t be inclusive enough. The P5 has no desire to be inclusive outside of the P5.. They want more brand names in big games on TV. There are very few if any brand names outside the P5 so an 8 team playoff is as much of a joke as 4 team playoff.

4. My interest in college football wanes.

Playoff has to be conference champions at minimum, of which currently there are 10, with a group of "independants". Do the math and figure it out Capt. Kangaroo. What will it take?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Notre Dame’s resume was light years better than UCF’s. Attempting to argue the opposite is patently absurd.

Notre Dame couldn't have gotten punked any worse, so it is hard to argue that they deserved to be there.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Notre Dame couldn't have gotten punked any worse, so it is hard to argue that they deserved to be there.

You are way too smart to make an argument that stupid.

Reaction Score
Their bowl record is going to destroy their "mystique".

Off to the ACC they'll go. Have gone the way of Pitt and Cuse. Unfortunately, Syracuse will still have an economy.

There's no way Notre Dame will be able to maintain independence with a losing bowl record. The Irish are being wrestled into a conference.
Ummm, NO, please follow the money? People/fans love watching ND. They enjoy watching them win and they enjoy watching them lose. The common denominator...people/fans watch ND. Your argument assumes that the football powers feel that when they get unfairly treated, things will change. No, they will change only when they are getting unfairly paid. And remember before you think they may feel that way...they created this system. My guess, they only care about 6-7 schools being on top. Guess what, Clemson isn’t one of those 7. Stamford, tOSU, AL, ND, Texas, Oklahoma, Michigan. Schools with history, so unless all 7 of these finished in the top 7, I don’t see anything changing. We could argue about the top 7. But think about it. FSU and Clemson, the best of the ACC does not have an automatic draw team. The Big has 2. The big 12 has 2, the PAC 10 has 1, the SEC has 1, and then IND/ACC with 1 in ND. So again based on this - show me when a school on this list that has not been brought up one or two spots to get them into the playoffs. Schools not on on this list need to be well positioned over the other schools on this list to ensure that they are not skipped over. UCF is so far down this list, that if they ever made it into a 4 team play-off, it would be advertised as a very week college football year and that things need to change...then there is potential for expansion in the ply-offs. But this is so unlikely that I would rather think about what I would do winning the lottery.

Reaction Score
Playoff has to be conference champions at minimum, of which currently there are 10, with a group of "independants". Do the math and figure it out Capt. Kangaroo. What will it take?

Read my other post dillweed.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
College football needs 8 teams for the playoff and not doing it will continue the downturn of the best football in the world.

Reaction Score
Ummm, NO, please follow the money? People/fans love watching ND. They enjoy watching them win and they enjoy watching them lose. The common denominator...people/fans watch ND. Your argument assumes that the football powers feel that when they get unfairly treated, things will change. No, they will change only when they are getting unfairly paid. And remember before you think they may feel that way...they created this system. My guess, they only care about 6-7 schools being on top. Guess what, Clemson isn’t one of those 7. Stamford, tOSU, AL, ND, Texas, Oklahoma, Michigan. Schools with history, so unless all 7 of these finished in the top 7, I don’t see anything changing. We could argue about the top 7. But think about it. FSU and Clemson, the best of the ACC does not have an automatic draw team. The Big has 2. The big 12 has 2, the PAC 10 has 1, the SEC has 1, and then IND/ACC with 1 in ND. So again based on this - show me when a school on this list that has not been brought up one or two spots to get them into the playoffs. Schools not on on this list need to be well positioned over the other schools on this list to ensure that they are not skipped over. UCF is so far down this list, that if they ever made it into a 4 team play-off, it would be advertised as a very week college football year and that things need to change...then there is potential for expansion in the ply-offs. But this is so unlikely that I would rather think about what I would do winning the lottery.
I know that. They'll need a conference to make it to the CFP the way things are going. They've been downtrending on the field for a very long time. That mystique doesn't hold up forever. Are people still flocking to Ivy games?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I know that. They'll need a conference to make it to the CFP the way things are going. They've been downtrending on the field for a very long time. That mystique doesn't hold up forever. Are people still flocking to Ivy games?

Downtrending to 12-0.

You can’t make it up.

Now that UCF lost to the LSU backups, OSU white knuckled against a Washington team that couldn’t catch a ball and Georgia is getting their brains beat in can we stop with Notre Dame complaints.

Alabama and Clemson blow everyone out. They got the four right.

Last edited:

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Agreed. ND is like Howard Stern. People pay attention to both because they either love or hate them. ND has no need to join a conference. They have plenty of money and viewers - the P5 will always find a way to squeeze them into a playoff if possible.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Downtrending to 12-0.

You can’t make it up.

Now that UCF lost to the LSU backups, OSU white knuckled against a Washington team that couldn’t catch a ball and Georgia is getting their brains beat in can we stop with Notre Dame complaints.

Alabama and Clemson blow everyone out. They got the four right.

Clemson could have posted 50 on Notre Dame without breaking a sweat. Notre Dame sucks so completely that their inclusion in the playoff should have eliminated the credibility of the selection process for eternity, except the selection process has no credibility so therefore no one gives a .

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Clemson could have posted 50 on Notre Dame without breaking a sweat. Notre Dame sucks so completely that their inclusion in the playoff should have eliminated the credibility of the selection process for eternity, except the selection process has no credibility so therefore no one gives a .

And Oklahoma was down 28 before the game even started - where is your Oklahoma outrage.

All the other suspects spit the bit too so who with a worse resume would you like to retro-fit into their slot.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
And Oklahoma was down 28 before the game even started - where is your Oklahoma outrage.

All the other suspects spit the bit too so who with a worse resume would you like to retro-fit into their slot.

Your best argument would be that college football has becomes such a scalitoy sport that there was no point in having bowls or a playoff this season. The bowls were a train wreck almost across the board, with a handful of OK games on 1/1 not remotely compensating for the blowouts that preceded yesterday.

I think college football has gone from awesome to awful in the last 5 years. The P5 commissioners have destroyed the sport, and they are now feeding on each other. If they want to take turns going to bowls like it is kickball in kindergarten, that is their call, and I honestly no longer give a . But don't argue that merit or quality had anything to do with Notre Dame going to a bowl game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom