ND Article from Mcmurphy | The Boneyard

ND Article from Mcmurphy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@McMurphyESPN: ACC will add Notre Dame this year if Irish can exit Big East, sources tell @espn http://post original url/rSN4TlnRNV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
@JGKrausz: #NotreDame HC Mike Brey on conference alignment: "I think we're in a very crucial 48 hours right now."

Reaction Score
All non football playing schools are no exit. That being said, still have to pay up to get out early.

Reaction Score
You can pay at the register on the way out, don't forget to add a tip.

Who allowed ND to give 27 months and no exit fee, a deal unlike any other?
Hey Mike, Susan Herbst here. We'll pay your full exit fee if you get us a seat in the ACC in the next 6 months. If I don't pick up, please leave a message thanks!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
"Nobody's going to let Notre Dame just leave," a Big East source said. "It needs to be negotiated."
Hmm. Do we squeeze them for every dime and risk burning another bridge to the ACC?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If I was in charge of NBC Sports, i would offer ND an extra $5 or $10 million on the football deal just to NOT join the ACC and park their non football sports in the C7. After all the ratf***ing ESPN has done to NBC, it would be cheap payback to cause some instability in an ESPN league.

Reaction Score
Hmm. Do we squeeze them for every dime and risk burning another bridge to the ACC?

Squeeze them? A bridge? When they actually commit to doing something in return (in writing) I'm sure we'd be willing to make a deal. Giving things away for the illusion of "partnership" is just bad business.

Reaction Score
This may be where the party gets started. Lot's of moving parts to this. With 15 basketball teams in the conference , does the ACC move to lock us in before the other shoes start to drop? Does ND reach out to us in an effort to make the early departure go more smoothly? Do we say F*off, not interested in helping ACC anymore, or leverage it for an opportunity to join.If the ND to ACC move is held up too long, do other schools like VA, GT, etc. start to get skittish. Does the BiG get moving on ND if we hold up move to ACC? Do we say to Delany, we will hold up ND for you, but you gotta help us out? Lots of leverage for us here. I am sure we are in good hands here, ahem, with Warde and Susan. Hopefully they won't throw up on themselves and do what needs to be done (whatever that is, so long as it isn't monitoring the situation).

Could be fun couple of weeks! And I thought my March was going to be boring.

Reaction Score

This assumes ND has the integrity and cares enough about UConn to hold its end of a bargain. I don't think so. ND is all about ND.

Keep in mind their is more than one bridge to get us to the promised land.

Reaction Score
The only thing that happen is that the ACC said to ND we can take you early. With an 18 game BB schedule the impact to add ND is minimal. ND just has to reach an agreement with the BE. The ACC could not add Ville early because they couldn't fit them into their FB schedule. That is why Ville will not leave the BE after this season, same with Rutty. So there is really no new news in the article. Pay up ND and you can leave.

Reaction Score
This may be where the party gets started. Lot's of moving parts to this. With 15 basketball teams in the conference , does the ACC move to lock us in before the other shoes start to drop? Does ND reach out to us in an effort to make the early departure go more smoothly? Do we say F*off, not interested in helping ACC anymore, or leverage it for an opportunity to join.If the ND to ACC move is held up too long, do other schools like VA, GT, etc. start to get skittish. Does the BiG get moving on ND if we hold up move to ACC? Do we say to Delany, we will hold up ND for you, but you gotta help us out? Lots of leverage for us here. I am sure we are in good hands here, ahem, with Warde and Susan. Hopefully they won't throw up on themselves and do what needs to be done (whatever that is, so long as it isn't monitoring the situation).

Could be fun couple of weeks! And I thought my March was going to be boring.

It is fun for us to speculate, but I hope we do none of the above, IMO. We have rules and bylaws that we need to apply to all members, and none of our decisions should be based on arm twisting or ulterior motives. Our leverage is based on the rules and agreements that are already in place, and should not be based on anything else. But I do agree things will get a lot more interesting in the coming months and maybe, days.

Reaction Score
I am curious what it is that Husky fans think ought to be done.

They recruited the teams they wanted for their conference. Temple, Memphis, Tulane, SMU, UCF, etc. lace em up and play ball.

The Big Ten isn't knocking on any doors in CT and the ACC seems all set with UCONN right now. It has been rumored that FSU, Clemson, Ga Tech, Va Tech were not happy that basketball centered schools were added and will not go for another. UCONN has another obstacle in BC (aka Fredo). That said, I have a feeling that in years to come Uconn and Cinci will get connected with the orphans of the current ACC (Duke, BC, Syracuse, Pitt, Wake, NC State and Miami).

Reaction Score
I am curious what it is that Husky fans think ought to be done.

That's easy. Many of us believe that non-profit, religious institutions should be expected to honor their word, and live up to contracts they sign. So stay your 27 months or negotiate a mutually acceptable early exit.

Not sure why that's hard to understand. (Although the difficulty understanding it is clearly not just limited to you.)

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
At this point ND has nothing to lose by asking Aresco to pay them for leaving early. He's on a roll.

Reaction Score
Simple if Notre Dame can get UConn into the ACC then let's do all we can to help. Without that assistance, let them go three years like Manti without gettin any.

Reaction Score
It is fun for us to speculate, but I hope we do none of the above, IMO. We have rules and bylaws that we need to apply to all members, and none of our decisions should be based on arm twisting or ulterior motives. Our leverage is based on the rules and agreements that are already in place, and should not be based on anything else. But I do agree things will get a lot more interesting in the coming months and maybe, days.

Stop you're gonna make me throw up in my mouth. The entire ACC raid and subsequent destruction of the BE and the ulitimate screwing of UConn has been all corrupt and greedy back room politics . . . . and you want to play be the rules. That in itself would put the entire SEC on the sidelines.

Reaction Score
Stop you're gonna make me throw up in my mouth. The entire ACC raid and subsequent destruction of the BE and the ulitimate screwing of UConn has been all corrupt and greedy back room politics . . . . and you want to play be the rules. That in itself would put the entire SEC on the sidelines.

Ok, fair enough. Go back and read the post I was responding to, Fairfield1's post. So exactly what kind of back room, backstabbing strategy do you suggest? Make sure you cover the situations when your suggestion is exposed/countered. TIA.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Brey has no clue what "very crucial" is in the whole realignment game.

Is it my imagination or does Brey talk way too freaking much?

For a guy who really hasn't done a blessed thing at ND, he sure has a lot of opinions about how everyone ought to run their business.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score

For a guy who really hasn't done a blessed thing at ND, he sure has a lot of opinions about how everyone ought to run their business.

Agreed; he's Pitino or Boeheim without the resume.

Reaction Score

Yep. When you spend more than a week at ND you have an inflated opinion about yourself even if your just the freakin hoops coach...I mean Kelly I can understand but Brey needs a reality check.
Plus he has no interest in scheduling us OOC in hoops and his comments about the Catholic schools being the true representatives of the BE is a crock of .

Reaction Score
With various reports saying ND will be in the ACC next year, can we assume that they will have negiotated a similar exit fee as West Virgina did last year? This would be in addition to the 110 million dollar pool that the C7 and Big East are currently working out? Upstater I know you have been all over this...

Reaction Score
You
With various reports saying ND will be in the ACC next year, can we assume that they will have negiotated a similar exit fee as West Virgina did last year? This would be in addition to the 110 million dollar pool that the C7 and Big East are currently working out? Upstater I know you have been all over this...

You should assume that ESPN has given ND a budget that ESPN will pay them to buy their way out of the Big East. Yes, they will have to negotiate an exit fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom