ND Article from Mcmurphy | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ND Article from Mcmurphy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well since right now the "Big America" has 3 members, I would guess UConn and Cinci (at least) are trying to play nicey nice with Notre Dame to get a positive referral in the CR shuffle (whereas the C7 are irrelevant). I have no issue with that philosophically, but I don't think ND will do anything to help. I think their threat is more 'stick' than 'carrot' - eg blacklisting us.

jacobscourant 3:52pm via Web
No need for UConn to be part of sticking Notre Dame for the extra dollar. Need that vote for the ACC down the line!

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
If $2.5 mil is the starting figure then they are gone. The rest is paperwork and trivial pursuit to wrap this up.

Announce Tulsa and be done with it.

Reaction Score
W
I meant I am not sure what UCONN fans expect from their admins going forward from here.

You are delusional as to honoring commitment. The C7 have sucked it up for years. The football schools were the ones bolting left and right. Then the remaining slop tried shoving god awful slop down the c7 throats and they did not want to associate with that. Villanova even buckled and the C7 allowed Temple in because it was what YOU GUYS wanted. Temple is a waste, a taxpayer black hole that has ZERO football success. But, you want em... you got em. Have fun. YOU guys are forming a conference while begging for someone to rescue Uconn from it. Pitiful and hypocritical of you to refere to loyalty.

The C7 have negotiated an exit in good faith with the slop that Uconn has associated itself. It seems Uconn Cinci and USF have also negotiated in good faith. The reason the schools split is the slop that was being heaped upon them. What did you expect them to do? Say "So you are left with three football orphans and we need to find a few more lousy programs and, want US to be ok with associating with them just because you found someone who wants to play football with you?" Well, that does not serve the interests of the C7.

Wtf? I was talking about Norte dame. I have no issue with the c 7.

Reaction Score
I agree with you on ND. When they came to the Big East years ago, I knew the Big East wanted them and ND came. I didn't get it. It seemed a one way benefit. Football schools didn't get the benefit of ND (I mean not even a rotating arrangement of a few games per year). It seemed as though the Big East resurrected ND hoops product and didn't get equal value (the way ND is agreeing to do with the ACC). THE ACC arrangement seems fairer to the Conference and ND. I don't blame ND for that history. The Big East negotiated it.

ND has one year to play in the Big East. They are silly if they think anyone believes they didn't know the C7 split wasn't looming. Now if ND wants out, no reason they shouldn't pay a healthy premium to do so.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
ND has one year to play in the Big East. They are silly if they think anyone believes they didn't know the C7 split wasn't looming. Now if ND wants out, no reason they shouldn't pay a healthy premium to do so.

Look at the contract and talk about Notre Dame and the perception of worth. All you have to do is think of Digger and his 2o years on ESPN to get it. Look at their away attendance when they play OOC games. Phenomenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom