ND and Texas to ACC for non-football---Independent for football | The Boneyard

ND and Texas to ACC for non-football---Independent for football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here's a flash I just received from my source at UT.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just had breakfast with my AD contact in LA before our UCLA game.
Both Texas and ND moving to ACC for non-football with deals to play each other and 3-4 ACC games per year in football. Pitt and Syracuse to ACC. Heard nothing about UConn when I asked.

Reaction Score
You have got to be kidding me. This is making me sick to my stomach.

Reaction Score
i think im just going to stop watching sports. its been nice having a solid athletic program.

Reaction Score
The ACC looks pretty weak here. ND and Texas for non-football?

Wha?

Reaction Score
Texas joins ND as a football independent. The two schools with their own networks?

Reaction Score
If this goes through, the Big 10 will not expand.
SEC will take Missouri.

UConn
Rutgers
WV
Louisville
Cincy
USF
TCU

will join with:

Texas Tech
Kansas
Kansas St.
Baylor
Iowa St.

...in the newly reformed Big12.

Basketball.... ugh.

Reaction Score
This doesn't even make sense. Between the NFL and NBA lockouts and all this college conference stuff, sports is becoming a lot more frustrating

Reaction Score
This part doesn't make sense for me. What's the draw in being ACC for sports other than football? Lot of travel and it's football that drives the money anyway. ND should just stay banded with its Catholic friends.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
the Big 10 may still want more exposure in the lucrative and mostly untapped northeast market

RU & CT to the Big 10 helps them quite a bit in that regard

Reaction Score
With TCU, WVU and Cincy wouldn't the BCS bid still be safe for some time based on the criteria?

Reaction Score
SEC will take Missouri.

UConn
Rutgers
WV
Louisville
Cincy
USF
TCU

will join with:

Texas Tech
Kansas
Kansas St.
Baylor
Iowa St.

Basketball.... ugh.

Kansas basketball makes up for Syracuse. Pitt is a net loss. Catholics a net loss. We can hopefully play them OOC rather than playing Texas and NC.

Reaction Score
Well, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Looks like we will soon be hooking up with the Big 12 Leftovers. If anything good comes out of this is that I hope once and for all we split from the hoop only schools. I don't care about markets or anything else. Get into an all sports league with schools with similar goals and interests and build it to its full potential. The two conferences in one approach is proving to be a failure over the long haul.

Reaction Score
the chances of that above scenario happening are virtually zero. wvu is not staying, ku will look west to the pac especially if texas isnt going. we need to get the hell out of here.

Reaction Score
Kansas basketball makes up for Syracuse. Pitt is a net loss. Catholics a net loss. We can hopefully play them OOC rather than playing Texas and NC.

Joining with the Big 12 scraps is an awful thought to think about. The travel sucks and there's nothing appealing about any of those schools. Kansas basketball is great but they have no ties with UConn or really any of these schools.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
SEC will take Missouri.

UConn
Rutgers
WV
Louisville
Cincy
USF
TCU

will join with:

Texas Tech
Kansas
Kansas St.
Baylor
Iowa St.

Basketball.... ugh.

You know what? If that group keeps its BCS bid and can get decent money from Comcast or Fox, then roll with it.

I might not be a college sports fan anymore by then, but UConn would be okay at least...

Reaction Score
Joining with the Big 12 scraps is an awful thought to think about. The travel sucks and there's nothing appealing about any of those schools. Kansas basketball is great but they have no ties with UConn or really any of these schools.
yes it is. Uconn will have to think long and hard about what it wants to be. The other New England land grants have made their positions known. Uconn decided to step up. We have been fortunate to latch on to a conference that a lot of established, but down on their luck programs, wanted badly to get out of. They basically wanted to get the heck out of a conference that had programs like Uconn in it. That's not how we think. That's how they think. So, let's be a little humble when referring to the Big 12 "scraps," please.

Reaction Score
With TCU, WVU and Cincy wouldn't the BCS bid still be safe for some time based on the criteria?

Losing Pitt and Cuse but gaining TCU, Kansas, Kansas St, should keep the BCS bid in play. It would be the worst BCS conference though.

Reaction Score
If true this will kill the athletic program. Truly sad. Worst part will be getting screwed over by conference mates Cuse, Pitt and ND. Looks like I'll be losing all interest in college sports.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure the point of the 4 super conferences is to have a 4 team playoff. If we merge with the Big 12 we will not be one of those four teams - we will be at the level of the MWC.

Reaction Score
the chances of that above scenario happening are virtually zero. wvu is not staying, ku will look west to the pac especially if texas isnt going. we need to get the hell out of here.

What in the world? WV is going where? You think the SEC takes them over Missouri and all those eyeballs? And even if they do, then Missouri has no home. Why is the Pac-14 going to take Kansas? Explain that. They'd have to take KSU too.

Think about it.

Reaction Score
Well, if it makes you feel any better gars, we'd be part of the Big East scraps. Together We can call ourselves the Big Scraps Conference and use the BCS typo from our commercial as the conference logo.

Reaction Score
There's nothing to like about that scenario other than probable keeping a seat at the BCS table.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure the point of the 4 super conferences is to have a 4 team playoff. If we merge with the Big 12 we will not be one of those four teams - we will be at the level of the MWC.

That's not going to fly politically.

Reaction Score
yes it is. Uconn will have to think long and hard about what it wants to be. The other New England land grants have made their positions known. Uconn decided to step up. We have been fortunate to latch on to a conference that a lot of established, but down on their luck programs, wanted badly to get out of. They basically wanted to get the heck out of a conference that had programs like Uconn in it. That's not how we think. That's how they think. So, let's be a little humble when referring to the Big 12 "scraps," please.

"Scraps" as in they were left behind by the other B12 teams... I'm not knocking the schools themselves. I have actually been to several of them and they're great schools, but with the travel and lack of tradition/rivalries/dominance (outside of Kansas BBall) I am not excited about the possibility of joining up with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom