ND and Texas to ACC for non-football---Independent for football | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ND and Texas to ACC for non-football---Independent for football

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Losing Pitt and Cuse but gaining TCU, Kansas, Kansas St, should keep the BCS bid in play. It would be the worst BCS conference though.
the big east already is the worst BCS conference.

Reaction Score
If this goes through, the Big 10 will not expand.
SEC will take Missouri.

UConn
Rutgers
WV
Louisville
Cincy
USF
TCU

will join with:

Texas Tech
Kansas
Kansas St.
Baylor
Iowa St.

...in the newly reformed Big12.

Basketball.... ugh.

Possible, but SEC might go 16 with some combo of Texas Tech, West Virginia, TCU or USF in that scenario. PAC might go for 16 as well, with Texas Tech, TCU, the Kansas schools all being possible targets.

Reaction Score
Losing Pitt and Cuse but gaining TCU, Kansas, Kansas St, should keep the BCS bid in play. It would be the worst BCS conference though.
True. But all we need is a seat at the table. With that, over time, we assimilate into the fabric of the old guard. We have to be polite, not have any requirements, but we get to sit at the table. That's really all we can expect. Uconn has to learn to like it. I will.

Reaction Score
The whole ND in the BE thing backfired BIGTIME!!!

Playing footsie with that school allowed them to vote with the Catholics and stop the football teams from reorganizing with strength.
Now the next shiv.

Reaction Score
some posters on the big 12 boards are saying that the acc balked at hte idea of bringing in TT with UT and UT is looking west to the Pac. How true is it, I have no idea.

Reaction Score
Possible, but SEC might go 16 with some combo of Texas Tech, West Virginia, TCU or USF in that scenario. PAC might go for 16 as well, with Texas Tech, TCU, the Kansas schools all being possible targets.

The man behind the curtain isn't going to help you.

Reaction Score
some posters on the big 12 boards are saying that the acc balked at hte idea of bringing in TT with UT and UT is looking west to the Pac. How true is it, I have no idea.

Someone is being fed misinformation. That's 17 teams for basketball. I don't think so.

Reaction Score
The whole ND in the BE thing backfired BIGTIME!!!

Playing footsie with that school allowed them to vote with the Catholics and stop the football teams from reorganizing with strength.
Now the next shiv.
I've been thinking the same thing. All along they could have provided the needed stability by joining the one leauge that gave them a home for their other sports instead they are now leaving for a "better" conference that allows them to keep their football independence. Good thing Marinate had ND's pulse on things all along.

Reaction Score
The big east deserves what is happening to them. Siding with the basketball only schools for all those years finally caught up to them.

Reaction Score
Someone is being fed misinformation. That's 17 teams for basketball. I don't think so.
post from the KU board: jester66 wrote: Saw a post that Chip on the radio clains ACC balked at Tech, so UT is leaning towards PAC.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
ACC is worse over the last 6-7 years. That much is proven.
maybe but it's pretty close. my point is the BE is not great shakes in football compared to the big boys of the Big 12, Big 10, Pac 10 and SEC. so while i'd rather see us land in one of those conferences (not big 12 of course), or the nACC, it wouldn't be the end of the BE leftovers merged with the Big 12 leftovers. wouldn't be great, but it wouldn't be like C-USA...

Reaction Score
post from the KU board: jester66 wrote: Saw a post that Chip on the radio clains ACC balked at Tech, so UT is leaning towards PAC.

Texas has no leverage there anyway because they aren't joining the ACC fulltime.

Reaction Score
Also, the ACC is being played by ND. They think like the BE that when ND decides to join a conference, they will join the ACC out of familiarity. ND will jilt them for the B10in one second.

Reaction Score
Just proves that giving ND what they wanted was really a gift from the Catholic schools that enabled them to pretend to be a member for a few years, while a few conference executives got to schmooz with their heroes. Nice deal, eh?

Reaction Score
I wonder if the NEC would take us..maybe we could win a football game in that conference

Reaction Score
i'd be surprised at a 4 team playoff. The SEC alone would demand 2 or 3 teams in the mix. So, it has to be at least 8. And they would have to include the "all else" division. It has to be a 16 team playoff. The drive to superconferences is all about the arms race and marketing to recruits and networks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom