NCAA tourny thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

NCAA tourny thread

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yale and Stanford were in the mix when he was pretending to care about academics and before he narrowed his list to the likes of LSU and Western Kentucky.

Choosing LSU over Yale is effectively cutting his lifetime earnings by about 80%.

Reaction Score
Choosing LSU over Yale is effectively cutting his lifetime earnings by about 80%.

I am always surprised more lower tier 4 stars don't choose Harvard, Yale, Princeton, etc. This is entirely anecdotal but 2 of my AAU baseball teammates went to play at Harvard and Columbia, respectively. Harvard kid was a mid 11 SAT and Columbia kid was a high 12 SAT. They obviously would be instantly rejected if it weren't for athletics. And this is for baseball, aka who gives a . For a top basketball recruit, these schools are going to make huge allowances.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
The broadcast team said that Yale was apparently in the mix for Waters. How much did LSU have to pay Tremont Waters to go there instead of Yale? I can't imagine why anyone would choose LSU over Yale for any reasons. If you get into Yale, you go to Yale.

They also said that his parents wanted him to have some lifestyle experience at LSU. Translation = $$

Reaction Score
The broadcast team said that Yale was apparently in the mix for Waters. How much did LSU have to pay Tremont Waters to go there instead of Yale? I can't imagine why anyone would choose LSU over Yale for any reasons. If you get into Yale, you go to Yale.
What??? You do realize he's a basketball player right?

Reaction Score
Enoch is still soft as a marshmallow and has no idea where to be on defense but anyone saying this kid would not have gotten as many minutes as he wanted on this team is insane. Our guys make him look like a young Patrick Ewing.
Nobody is saying that.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What??? You do realize he's a basketball player right?

He is a 5'11 guard that, by the time he is in his early 20's, is going to have to make a living doing something other than basketball. Go to Yale.

Reaction Score
He is a 5'11 guard that, by the time he is in his early 20's, is going to have to make a living doing something other than basketball. Go to Yale.

This is false but more talented kids should go Ivy. Tremont will make a lot of money playing basketball overseas.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am always surprised more lower tier 4 stars don't choose Harvard, Yale, Princeton, etc. This is entirely anecdotal but 2 of my AAU baseball teammates went to play at Harvard and Columbia, respectively. Harvard kid was a mid 11 SAT and Columbia kid was a high 12 SAT. They obviously would be instantly rejected if it weren't for athletics. And this is for baseball, aka who gives a . For a top basketball recruit, these schools are going to make huge allowances.

Based on multiple anecdotes like this, I think Ivy coaches can go down to B grades and mid 1100's SATs.

I don't get why more kids don't go Ivy.

Reaction Score
FSU handle is looking very shaky but it just seems they get it into the paint they go to the line.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It’s laughable how bad these coaches are. Pearl team was a 2 minute clinic on how to do everything wrong and that guy won the SEC.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
NM State you suck.

How do you miss the rim by 5 ft when there wasn’t a defender within 15 ft?

Reaction Score
New Mexico State . . . could have taken down Auburn and Bruce Pearl.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom