NCAA tourny thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

NCAA tourny thread

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Remember when it was considered the first round? Lol.

It's a disservice to the 16 seeds who won their league and deserve to play in the real thing, and then the 11 seeds shouldn't even be there in the first place.

I used to be annoyed for the 16 seeds but it actually works out for them. The winner gets their conference a full tourney credit.

I’d go to 64 to bounce the garbage teams from the bubble.

BTW NC State was home and Temple, Arizona State and St John’s were in the tourney. GJGE committee.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
First order needs to be getting UConn a seat at the table.

I have unlimited orders - so UConn to the ACC is like 7th because I’ll run a faux poll here for the Big Ten luddites.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
that was painful, like a uconn game
Both those teams would have beaten us by 15 points on an off night.

Reaction Score
I guess I should not throw stones as they say but that was tough to watch. It illustrates how cruel the way of college hoops is. You root all year long, hope to make the tourney and then the season will end abruptly for everyone except 1. It must suck to play that poorly in NCAA. Although Uconn has had some tough losses, not sure there would be a game we played in the tourney that was this awful.
San Diego was pretty bad.
2012 Iowa State and 2016 Kansas, too.

Reaction Score
It's a disservice to the 16 seeds who won their league and deserve to play in the real thing, and then the 11 seeds shouldn't even be there in the first place.
Other than 1 fluke, 16seeds get pummeled. These wins count as wins. It really helps the bottom end conferences if their team wins a credit. And they're on national TV in a game they can compete in. I think it's good for them.

Not saying I wouldn't go back to 64, or that there are some 15 seeds mad because they'd be 14 seeds and better matchups.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
LSU sophomore Tremont Waters joked that if he "had a strong enough arm, [he] could probably throw a rock to Yale's basketball facilities." The two teams will square off in Jacksonville, Florida, in the second game of the day.

"That's where I started playing basketball," Waters said yesterday. "My dad got a membership to Payne Whitney gym, and it was like ... the facility where everyone could go in, if you had a membership. So that's where I started. ... Now that Azar Swain goes there, I actually grew up playing basketball with him for the CT Elite Basketball Club, and just knowing that I'm from New Haven and that this team is from New Haven, it's an honor to be able to play them in the first game of the March Madness NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
LSU sophomore Tremont Waters joked that if he "had a strong enough arm, [he] could probably throw a rock to Yale's basketball facilities." The two teams will square off in Jacksonville, Florida, in the second game of the day.

"That's where I started playing basketball," Waters said yesterday. "My dad got a membership to Payne Whitney gym, and it was like ... the facility where everyone could go in, if you had a membership. So that's where I started. ... Now that Azar Swain goes there, I actually grew up playing basketball with him for the CT Elite Basketball Club, and just knowing that I'm from New Haven and that this team is from New Haven, it's an honor to be able to play them in the first game of the March Madness NCAA tournament.

Good story. Hope it's an honor for Yale to upset the team with the kid form New Haven.

Reaction Score
Both those teams would have beaten us by 15 points on an off night.

Wow I doubt that. They aren't very good teams and there's plenty of those in this thing anyway. St Johns was dreadful the last 10 games of their year and we were as good as them until our last one. Not saying we deserved to be in anything but let's not overrate teams that are in. Arizona State from the PAC12 had nights where they were good and others they were just plain awful. Quite honestly I don't mean to question our coaches brother but oh well, I do. They have a ton of talent but the inconsistent play, sloppy play makes me wonder how well they are coached. I think we got the best Hurley thank God.

On an "off night" UConn healthy plays with them and can beat them. We did that to Cinci and Cinci is better than both of these teams for the most part.

Reaction Score
2012 Iowa State and 2016 Kansas, too.
We didn't play awfully against Kansas they were just a lot better than us, couldn't come close to matching their size and strength.

Reaction Score
We didn't play awfully against Kansas they were just a lot better than us, couldn't come close to matching their size and strength.
We were outcoached by Kansas. We had Jalen Adams, Sterling Gibbs, Rodney Purvis, Shonn Miller, Amida Brimah, Kentan Facey, Daniel Hamilton, Omar Calhous Phillip Nolan and Steven Enoch on that team. That was a very talented and deep team to not play better than it did. I guess the team under performed most of season besides the AAC Tourney. That team almost didn't make the tourney and that would have been criminal with all that talent.

Reaction Score

yes that was one of the better KU teams the past 8 years or so. And Marcus Pfizer was a beast for Iowa St.

Reaction Score
We were outcoached by Kansas. We had Jalen Adams, Sterling Gibbs, Rodney Purvis, Shonn Miller, Amida Brimah, Kentan Facey, Daniel Hamilton, Omar Calhous Phillip Nolan and Steven Enoch on that team. That was a very talented and deep team to not play better than it did. I guess the team under performed most of season besides the AAC Tourney. That team almost didn't make the tourney and that would have been criminal with all that talent.
We should have never been in an 8-9 game with that team. Probably should have been somewhere from a 3-5 seed. That team had talent, but it just never came together.

Reaction Score
yes that was one of the better KU teams the past 8 years or so. And Marcus Pfizer was a beast for Iowa St.

Royce White?

Yep, someone beat me to it.

Reaction Score
We should have never been in an 8-9 game with that team. Probably should have been somewhere from a 3-5 seed. That team had talent, but it just never came together.

Spacing was a major issue. Brimah and Miller on the floor together clogged the middle, making penetration difficult for a bunch of guards (plus Hamilton) that needed to attack the basket and inhibiting Miller's work in the post (he wasn't a great passer so you could double big to big off of Brimah. Additionally, Gibbs never really clicked as a point guard.

Reaction Score
My point is we played to the level we did all season and Kansas played to the level they did all season.

Reaction Score
This will make you feel old, Fizer was 20 years ago.
200w.gif

(This is how I feel, but I also wanted to use this in another thread but was worried it'd get cesspool'd.)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Very veteran team. Not uber talented compared to some. Lost to Nova who didn't lose again.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Well 1 down for L$U 5 to go before they’re you’re national champion* and Mark Emmert’s nightmare becomes a reality. Go L$U!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

The broadcast team said that Yale was apparently in the mix for Waters. How much did LSU have to pay Tremont Waters to go there instead of Yale? I can't imagine why anyone would choose LSU over Yale for any reasons. If you get into Yale, you go to Yale.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I just saw an auburn guard tackle the pg better than anyone in this years auburn secondary and not even get a foul call. It resulted in a steal and an uncontested layup

Reaction Score
The broadcast team said that Yale was apparently in the mix for Waters. How much did LSU have to pay Tremont Waters to go there instead of Yale? I can't imagine why anyone would choose LSU over Yale for any reasons. If you get into Yale, you go to Yale.

Yale and Stanford were in the mix when he was pretending to care about academics and before he narrowed his list to the likes of LSU and Western Kentucky.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom