NCAA tourny thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

NCAA tourny thread

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This game is really fun to watch. Powell is incredible and so is the Wofford 3 point shooting. Need Wofford to win, because I don't think a 1 man team like the Hall has a shot at taking out Kentucky.
Didn’t Hall already beat Kentucky this year?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
This game is really fun to watch. Powell is incredible and so is the Wofford 3 point shooting. Need Wofford to win, because I don't think a 1 man team like the Hall has a shot at taking out Kentucky.

I think Kentucky sees how seton hall got back In it and just blitzes Wofford from the jump.

Kansas lost to that mediocre norther Iowa team because self didn’t use his vastly superior athletes on a press until it was too late

Reaction Score
I think Kentucky sees how seton hall got back In it and just blitzes Wofford from the jump.

Kansas lost to that mediocre norther Iowa team because self didn’t use his vastly superior athletes on a press until it was too late

I was thinking that too with 5 minutes left. But then after getting blitzed all half Wofford scored 9 in approximately 3.5 seconds. I think they've got a legit shot, it's pretty hard to guard those threes.

It may depend on whether Wofford's 1 good big guy can stay out of foul trouble, because their other big guy is terrible.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Fun fact we were in Powell’s final 4 and may very well have landed him had we not signed AG.

the Q

Reaction Score
I was thinking that too with 5 minutes left. But then after getting blitzed all half Wofford scored 9 in approximately 3.5 seconds. I think they've got a legit shot, it's pretty hard to guard those threes.

It may depend on whether Wofford's 1 good big guy can stay out of foul trouble, because their other big guy is terrible.

I’m not saying they have no chance. Kentucky pressing from the jump will be brutal to combat with.

Reaction Score
Fun fact we were in Powell’s final 4 and may very well have landed him had we not signed AG.

Can't argue with taking AG over him if that was the choice. But tonight sure has been full of guys we were looking at at one point or another - Powell, Bey, Samuels. Wish we'd landed one or two of them.

the Q

Reaction Score

It’s a shame that these guys don’t notice how much room our stuff has for a 2 PG offense.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Jalen Carey transfers right? Boeheim must have zero confidence in him to not play him in this situation where they are without a point guard.

UconnU

Reaction Score
I wonder if we’ll get involved with any of these big time high school prospects originally from our area who arent getting minutes/likely transfers (Jahvon Quinerley, Jalen Caren, Isaiah Washington). This is where being down a scholarship really hurts.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Wofford could score 42 total points in the next round on 3 for 32 from 3-point range with their shot selection.

the Q

Reaction Score
Sure, I don't disagree.

I’m not sure Kentucky will actually do it either.

Just think a major opportunity was exposed.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure Kentucky will actually do it either.

Just think a major opportunity was exposed.

Yeah, I thought Willard did a great job going to that press like he did. Kentucky should definitely emulate it. And like Waylon said, Wofford may go for 42 points next game because they really do live and die with the 3. And their coach does need to re-evaluate how they break the press in the next 48 hours.

But man that jolt they put on the Hall with a few minutes left - when they theoretically should have been exhausted - was impressive. It went from a 1 to a 10 point margin in the blink of an eye. And I'm not sure how you guard that one guy who shoots the twisty threes.

This Kentucky team is good, but it's riding on reputation a little bit I think/hope. Would love to see them go down.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I thought Willard did a great job going to that press like he did. Kentucky should definitely emulate it. And like Waylon said, Wofford may go for 42 points next game because they really do live and die with the 3. And their coach does need to re-evaluate how they break the press in the next 48 hours.

But man that jolt they put on the Hall with a few minutes left - when they theoretically should have been exhausted - was impressive. It went from a 1 to a 10 point margin in the blink of an eye. And I'm not sure how you guard that one guy who shoots the twisty threes.

This Kentucky team is good, but it's riding on reputation a little bit I think/hope. Would love to see them go down.

And I believe that Washington is out again for Saturday so that helps Wofford.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I hope I am wrong, but I think Kentucky is going to demolish Wofford. Wofford will not shoot 13 for 28 from 3 again with the types of 3 attempts they take. I think Kentucky will be up 20 in the first half, and the second half will be garbage time. It's unfortunate that Wofford wasted a night like this on Seton Hall.

Reaction Score
Kentucky will do a better job of running them off the 3 point line and pushing their offense out a bit. Wofford will have to shoot lights out to beat them. If PJ is out they have a punchers chance but it's a real slim punchers chance. Real slim. Anerexic slim.

Reaction Score
I hope I am wrong, but I think Kentucky is going to demolish Wofford. Wofford will not shoot 13 for 28 from 3 again with the types of 3 attempts they take. I think Kentucky will be up 20 in the first half, and the second half will be garbage time. It's unfortunate that Wofford wasted a night like this on Seton Hall.
Wofford shoots over 40% as a team from 3, 4 guys themselves shoot it at least 41%. Their star is a bonafide curry product, shoots it from anywhere and at any angle - he practices it that way. I think he’s only had a few games this year where the shots don’t fall. He averaged close to 5 per game. But one game he went 0-9 against Kansas. IIRC Kansas big man went down with an injury, led KU to us a 4 guard lineup, which is what really shut down the shooting. But that opened things up for Jackson inside, so if no Washington, could be issues. Either way, Hoover, Murphy and McGee rarely all have off nights.

Think the key for Kentucky is to withstand haymakers and respond. Like you said, pressure them, run them off the line. But what IS going to happen at some point, is a big run. In all of Wofford loses, they still manage to throw upst 17 point runs in any given minute. I hope for Woffords sake Kentucky’s young guns get flustered, cuz this Wofford team is really fun to watch. Anyone who went to bed early last night missed out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm #2 in my dad's pool...

1553257944326.png

Reaction Score
Iowa v Cincy is very intriguing to me. Iowa beat us up with toughness (Cook), and Cincy is traditionally a tough team. Thought Iowa would've had a better season.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Iowa v Cincy is very intriguing to me. Iowa beat us up with toughness (Cook), and Cincy is traditionally a tough team. Thought Iowa would've had a better season.

Yeah Cook abused us - a man amongst boys ... but, doesn't stand out physically vs Cincy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom