NCAA tourney thread - Regionals | Page 9 | The Boneyard

NCAA tourney thread - Regionals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I knew nothing good would come of Joe D having both the ND and Syracuse play by play guys on the air this week

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Blaming that on the refs is silly. If Gonzaga could get a defensive rebound or break the press they win that easily. Zags just choked, plain and simple.

Why don't you point me to the Gonzaga second or third round game against a major conference opponent where they got all the calls and won? It literally never happens. The officiating in the Duke game last year was terrible. To this day, Adam Morrison's last college game against UCLA is probably the most biased officiating I have ever seen in a college basketball game.

I don't really care that much about Gonzaga, and I know enough not to pick mid-majors past the Round of 32, so whatever. But don't tell me that when a P5 vs. mid-major game is close in the last 2 minutes that the officiating is not going to play a major factor in the outcome.

Reaction Score
Cuse will beat virginia, book it

To be fair, the game Syracuse played @ Virginia was unfortunately much closer than the final score shored. Virginia ran it up by free throws.

Reaction Score
Why don't you point me to the Gonzaga second or third round game against a major conference opponent where they got all the calls and won? It literally never happens. The officiating in the Duke game last year was terrible. To this day, Adam Morrison's last college game against UCLA is probably the most biased officiating I have ever seen in a college basketball game.

I don't really care that much about Gonzaga, and I know enough not to pick mid-majors past the Round of 32, so whatever. But don't tell me that when a P5 vs. mid-major game is close in the last 2 minutes that the officiating is not going to play a major factor in the outcome.
Syracuse got jobbed on the Cooney steal, they screwed that call up even after going to review. Your conspiracy nonsense is tiresome.

Reaction Score
I knew nothing good would come of Joe D having both the ND and Syracuse play by play guys on the air this week
Part of the problem is they don't get enough calls so he fills space by having his besties come on the show. I've had enough of hearing him talk about how great so and so radio guy is and how all the radio guys or whatever went out for drinks after the games, blah..Nobody gives a crap Billy Joel

Reaction Score
Cuse will beat virginia, book it
No way.
Virginia will beat them by 10+. Cuse's best team they've played was Dayton. Think about that. A 10 seed makes the elite 8 and the best team they played was Dayton. 10 seeds are supposed to face uphill battles every round

Reaction Score
No way.
Virginia will beat them by 10+. Cuse's best team they've played was Dayton. Think about that. A 10 seed makes the elite 8 and the best team they played was Dayton. 10 seeds are supposed to face uphill battles every round

Cuse is playing with absolutely nothing to lose, that is always the most dangerous team

Reaction Score
Cuse shot 16 free throws, Gonzaga shot 5. Sabonis was getting mugged the whole game and went to the line four times. Syracuse got completely jobbed on that out of bounds call where Cooney was clearly in bounds at the end. It looked like Gonzaga got a bad call on that half court violation because Cooney slapped the ball back in. Gonzaga choked that one away but the officials did neither team any favors calling the game. They were at minimum equally bad.

Reaction Score

Up 5 and with Syracuse pressing, Perkins shoved his man to the ground and the refs ignored it. That left Perkins wide open with nobody within 10 feet of him, and Porginis (sp?) ignored him and instead decided to gift Syracuse a lay up.

They could have called Gonzaga for bumping Gbinije on his first shot and they didn't. Gonzaga didn't bother cleaning up the rebound or protecting the rim. Then they got an extra chance at the winning shot.

Reaction Score
There is a lot to be desired with some of these so called "great" college coaches. Cannot believe some of the incompetence down the stretch in these games. Teams handing games away. I can't watch a UNC vs Syracuse Final 4 game.

Reaction Score
Cuse shot 16 free throws, Gonzaga shot 5. Sabonis was getting mugged the whole game and went to the line four times. Syracuse got completely jobbed on that out of bounds call where Cooney was clearly in bounds at the end. It looked like Gonzaga got a bad call on that half court violation because Cooney slapped the ball back in. Gonzaga choked that one away but the officials did neither team any favors calling the game. They were at minimum equally bad.
That really is amazing considering how many times they went down to Sabonis - 5 free throws for the entire game for Gonzaga.

Other stats - Syracuse gets 6 more FGA and 10 more FTA. Hard to beat a team that has that. Of course Gonzaga also had 6 more turnovers and just had choke after choke down the stretch - just like about 20 teams it seems this tourney.

Reaction Score
No way.

That's what everyone said Florida would do to us after we got the lucky break of being in MSG.

Confidence is growing. They'll be dangerous. Although if we get Cuse-UNC in the Final Four, it'll be interesting to read all the academic fraud stories from the national media.

(Haha - I kid. Nobody will pay any attention to that).

Reaction Score
That's what everyone said Florida would do to us after we got the lucky break of being in MSG.

Confidence is growing. They'll be dangerous. Although if we get Cuse-UNC in the Final Four, it'll be interesting to read all the academic fraud stories from the national media.

We beat a 10, a 2, a 3 and a 4 to get to the Florida game and had one of the best players in the country. Please don't ever compare that Cuse team in anyway, shape or form to the 2014 UConn team.
Virginia is clearly better and will roll up this fraud of a team and smoke the bejeezus out of them.
I feel bad saying Virginia will only beat them by 10. They will beat them by 13-18 and in 3 hours I'm convinced I will declare they beat them by 22

Reaction Score

I'll go on record now and say Syracuse has no chance of beating Virginia. To get here, Syracuse beat:

Dayton - 61st KenPom

Midd. Tenn - 114th

Gonzaga - 17th

Syracuse is a good team playing their best basketball at the right time. But Virginia is a whole other animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom