NCAA tourney thread - Regionals | The Boneyard

NCAA tourney thread - Regionals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nova destroying Miami & OU up big on aTm.

KU-Maryland has the makings of a good one.

Reaction Score
Nova looks great. Could this be the year they break through?

Reaction Score
Nova fans can be annoying but Jay Wright is a good dude, I could definitely root for Nova or Oklahoma to win it all. I've said it before and I'll say it again, is there a more underrated coach than Lon Kruger?

Reaction Score
Nova looks great. Could this be the year they break through?

They are a really fun team to watch. Not to derail the thread, but watching the way Nova, Okla, Kan, UNC and some others play makes me very jealous. UConn is a pretty painful team to watch offensively. So stagnant, little ball/player movement, shot clock violations, one-on-one basketball. I don't want to hear about "pro-sets" anymore. I'm begging KO to put in some better stuff next season. I feel like we've been offensively challenged for quite a few years now.

Reaction Score
They are a really fun team to watch. Not to derail the thread, but watching the way Nova, Okla, Kan, UNC and some others play makes me very jealous. UConn is a pretty painful team to watch offensively. So stagnant, little ball/player movement, shot clock violations, one-on-one basketball. I don't want to hear about "pro-sets" anymore. I'm begging KO to put in some better stuff next season. I feel like we've been offensively challenged for quite a few years now.
We'll run better stuff as we get better players in - specifically better ball handlers and low-post presences.

Go watch the Temple & Memphis games from the AAC tourney, or the second halves of the Colorado & KU games. We weren't SMU-level sophisticated, but we weren't out there playing Thunder-style hero-ball.

Reaction Score

Having seen quite a bit of both Nova and UConn, their offenses are a lot more similar than you'd think. Nova's players are just better equipped to execute that stuff because they're both better and more importantly, they've played together/in that system longer.

The coaching staff is not without fault, but the origin of most of UConn's offensive problems can be traced back to the fact that they don't have a great one on one player.

Reaction Score
Diamond Stone has more offensive ability in one finger than Brimah could ever even dream about.

Reaction Score
Refs cooking it for Kansas? Hanging on the rim call, clean Stone block, yet elbow to the face is fine.

Reaction Score
Refs cooking it for Kansas? Hanging on the rim call, clean Stone block, yet elbow to the face is fine.

Trimble should of gotten his face out of the way.

Reaction Score
Jay Wright's a sleazeball.

I don't give a _____ who wins as long as they don't wear orange uniforms.
Can't tell if you're kidding or not? Have never heard anyone say a bad thing about Jay Wright which is pretty rare with college basketball and football coaches. Also, Fuse!

Reaction Score
Would settle for just the Dookies getting knocked off tonight. And of course Cuse & UNC tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Would settle for just the Dookies getting knocked off tonight. And of course Cuse & UNC tomorrow.

They've significantly over extended their welcome. Especially with that weak front court. It's gonna be a block party!

Reaction Score
Can't tell if you're kidding or not? Have never heard anyone say a bad thing about Jay Wright which is pretty rare with college basketball and football coaches. Also, Fuse!

Not sure but I think on of the boards more prominent names did say Jay Wright is a backstabbing "sleaze ball" at one point, a person in the know. I have no clue one way or the other I just want Nova to get to the FF and Oregon too so I can have 2 teams who pay me already in a pool LOL

Go Jay:cool:

Reaction Score
I hate Dook as much as the next guy, but Ingram is just oozing talent. Wish we had someone like this on our roster! Very high probability that he could have the best NBA career of any Dook alum.

Reaction Score
I hate Dook as much as the next guy, but Ingram is just oozing talent. Wish we had someone like this on our roster! Very high probability that he could have the best NBA career of any Dook alum.

He has a great game, Winslow has done well too

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I'm wasn't sure who I like less, Kansas or MD.
Then I noticed I was rooting for MD

Reaction Score
All of the teams that are left in the tourney have legit scoring big men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom