NCAA tournament update | Page 13 | The Boneyard

NCAA tournament update

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I know the bubble is on everyone’s mind this morning, so here’s what we need to happen today.

Kansas slaughters OK ST
Duke destroys NC ST
Ohio State to beat Purdue
Virginia to beat Notre Dame
West Virginia to destroy Oklahoma
UMass to beat VCU
Texas Tech to beat Texas
Florida to beat Georgia
Penn State to beat Indiana
South Carolina to beat Arkansas
Cal to beat UCLA
Wazzou to beat Arizona St

I know you all care as much as me.

Reaction Score
As soon as 1 player is diagnosed, it’s done. Until then I’d consider it okay to play to empty arenas. Although then again I’m not an expert.

Reaction Score
I know the bubble is on everyone’s mind this morning, so here’s what we need to happen today.

Kansas slaughters OK ST
Duke destroys NC ST
Ohio State to beat Purdue
Virginia to beat Notre Dame
West Virginia to destroy Oklahoma
UMass to beat VCU
Texas Tech to beat Texas
Florida to beat Georgia
Penn State to beat Indiana
South Carolina to beat Arkansas
Cal to beat UCLA
Wazzou to beat Arizona St

I know you all care as much as me.
I care. It’s the only thing I’m looking forward to in these depressing times.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
As soon as 1 player is diagnosed, it’s done. Until then I’d consider it okay to play to empty arenas. Although then again I’m not an expert.

By the time a player/coach/family member is diagnosed, they will already have spread it to a bunch of other people, who will have spread it to a bunch of other people, etc. It'll be too late by then.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been brought up in another thread, or earlier in this thread (because when I re-opened this one it had grown from 4 pages to 13), but if I recall correctly there's a transfer rule that allows rising-seniors to transfer to another school without sitting out a year if their team is going to be banned from post-season play during their senior year. Is there any chance that the NCAA grants an extra year of eligibility to current seniors so that they can have another shot at the NCAAT (assuming this year's is cancelled)? And if so, would they also have to grant additional scholarship openings to teams?

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Are we really going to try and use statistics from China to say how bad this really is? They tried to hide this virus for months and brush it under the rug so nobody would find out which is why this has gotten as bad as it is today. I was initially on the side of this is serious but being overblown, that is not my feeling anymore. Mortality rates will rise over time and not to mention the under reported tests and deaths of people that are not confirmed to be carrying. Italy dragged their feet on containment and look at the mess they are dealing with. They were faced with the decision to say we will let people die and treat those that have long lives ahead of them. That is extremely scary and an extremely tough decision to tell your country.

This is an extremely serious virus and we all need to treat it that way to limit and contain the spread, which looks like it may be too late unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been brought up in another thread, or earlier in this thread (because when I re-opened this one it had grown from 4 pages to 13), but if I recall correctly there's a transfer rule that allows rising-seniors to transfer to another school without sitting out a year if their team is going to be banned from post-season play during their senior year. Is there any chance that the NCAA grants an extra year of eligibility to current seniors so that they can have another shot at the NCAAT (assuming this year's is cancelled)? And if so, would they also have to grant additional scholarship openings to teams?
That would be a disaster. You’d have so many incoming freshmen left out in the cold and scrambling. No shot.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Never let facts get in the way of a good story, am I right?
To be fair, one can presume adult arguments will be or are already being advanced in this space. Such are the perils of oligarchy.

This stuff however seems to draw its energy from a different fuel source.

Reaction Score
Some of you are incredibly dumb and lack reading comprehension. Nowhere did I state that this is a conspiracy or that someone is orchestrating this. What I’ve said repeatedly is that they have no interest in calming the fears of the people. If you disagree with that, idk what to tell you. It’s easy to file everything that you disagree with under the “tin foil hat” category. But history is on my side. Our government and the “elites”(people with global influence due to money) have always and are still using people fears, tragedy, and lack of information to make profit. You’re trying way to hard to make my point something it isn’t.

So they are "using peoples......lack of information" and you think it's a glorified flu. No irony there. You'd think that if you really believed this stuff you'd at least take steps to educate yourself.

Reaction Score
Are we really going to try and use statistics from China to say how bad this really is? They tried to hide this virus for months and brush it under the rug so nobody would find out which is why this has gotten as bad as it is today. I was initially on the side of this is serious but being overblown, that is not my feeling anymore. Mortality rates will rise over time and not to mention the under reported tests and deaths of people that are not confirmed to be carrying. Italy dragged their feet on containment and look at the mess they are dealing with. They were faced with the decision to say we will let people die and treat those that have long lives ahead of them. That is extremely scary and an extremely tough decision to tell your country.

This is an extremely serious virus and we all need to treat it that way to limit and contain the spread, which looks like it may be too late unfortunately.
Damn Chinese mo fos need to stop eating wild animals

Reaction Score
So they are "using peoples......lack of information" and you think it's a glorified flu. No irony there. You'd think that if you really believed this stuff you'd at least take steps to educate yourself.
I promise you I’m more informed than you are. The symptoms are flu like symptoms. Which is what I was saying. The only difference is you may experience shortness of breathe CV19

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I care. It’s the only thing I’m looking forward to in these depressing times.
I’ll see you boys at the tip! Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Damn Chinese mo fos need to stop eating wild animals

A small percentage of Chinese people eat the kinds of animals sold at that market. The government of China needs to make the wild animal markets illegal, but it's not a normal practice there.

Edited for clarity

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I promise you I’m more informed than you are. The symptoms are flu like symptoms. Which is what I was saying. The only difference is you may experience shortness of breathe CV19
This is literally a glorified flu. People need to chill out. The S strand here in America is incredibly weak
It is indeed a glorified flue. A vaccine will be miraculously found and we’ll be panicking over the next “crisis” used to pad the pockets of the elites.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
A small percentage of Chinese people eat the kinds of animals sold at that market. The government of China needs to make it illegal, but it's not a normal practice there.
Its not the fact that the animal was eaten there they have not regulatory process to control the fact that a bat was slaughtered there!

Reaction Score
I hear an echo. Your point. I stand by my point which I’ve elaborated on multiple times. I see you didn’t quote those

Reaction Score
Its not the fact that the animal was eaten there they have not regulatory process to control the fact that a bat was slaughtered there!

When I said "it" with regard to making "it" illegal, I was talking about the markets. I realize it wasn't clear.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This team was ready to go on a run too, everyone knew it. They were focused .

Reaction Score
This is literally a glorified flu. People need to chill out. The S strand here in America is incredibly weak
Let’s see. Some basketball games can be cancelled or the health care system might get overwhelmed, thousands could get sick and a few thousand people might die. Yeah, tough call.

FWIW this virus spreads like the common cold which spreads far more quickly than the flu. It is also more dangerous and more unpredictable. And unlike the flu there is no shot that prevents or minimizes it so there is no level of “herd immunity “. And while it typically is more dangerous to older and other health compromised patients, being in good health is not a guarantee that impacts will be minimal. The other factor is that it is possible to have it with minimal effects and as a result pass it on to a compromised person without knowing you have it. Finally there is some evidence that it can remain active in serfaces for as long as 72 hours. So the guy who was hacking and sneezing at the noon game today could leave behind a little gift for you if you happen to sit in the same seat he did for Saturday’s Final.

But, yeah, it is more important to play a few basketball games.

Reaction Score
Wild to see this.

1584031881100.png

Reaction Score
Let’s see. Some basketball games can be cancelled or the health care system might get overwhelmed, thousands could get sick and a few thousand people might die. Yeah, tough call.

FWIW this virus spreads like the common cold which spreads far more quickly than the flu. It is also more dangerous and more unpredictable. And unlike the flu there is no shot that prevents or minimizes it so there is no level of “herd immunity “. And while it typically is more dangerous to older and other health compromised patients, being in good health is not a guarantee that impacts will be minimal. The other factor is that it is possible to have it with minimal effects and as a result pass it on to a compromised person without knowing you have it. Finally there is some evidence that it can remain active in serfaces for as long as 72 hours. So the guy who was hacking and sneezing at the noon game today could leave behind a little gift for you if you happen to sit in the same seat he did for Saturday’s Final.

But, yeah, it is more important to play a few basketball games.
You just wasted an insane amount of time writing that. I don’t give a damn about the basketball games lol. I’m on the side of them not being played

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom