NCAA Top 16 Reveal set for Thursday Jan 18th | The Boneyard

NCAA Top 16 Reveal set for Thursday Jan 18th

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
First NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Committee Top-16 reveal set for January 18

Will be interesting to see who the 4th #1 Seed will be.

Predicting in order the #1 seeds are: UConn, Miss St, Louisville and then I'll guess the 4th #1 seed is Baylor.

Have no clue how to rank the #2 Seeds.
I predict it will not be Baylor, not yet anyway. The committee likes to see a resume of quality wins. Baylor's best wins (and their only wins over the RPI top 50) are Stanford and Oklahoma. Baylor's strength of schedule is also the weakest among the contenders for top seeding. At this point, Baylor is pretty much the Maryland of last year.

Notre Dame will be the other #1 seed. Eight wins over the RPI top 50 (more than anyone except UConn) and the #2 SOS.

My predictions:
1. UConn 2. Miss St 3. Louisville 4. Notre Dame
5. Oregon 6. Tennessee 7. South Carolina 8. Texas
9. Ohio State 10. Baylor 11. Missouri 12. Duke
13. Rutgers 14. Florida St 15. Iowa 16. Green Bay
Also in contention: UCLA, Michigan, Arizona St, Maryland, Villanova, West Virginia, Texas A&M, Michigan St

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Anyone have a link to the most recent RPI rankings? Will be curious to compare the committee's rankings to the RPI rankings.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
5:30 PM Thursday and still no Reveal of the Top 16.

Just checked the NCAA WBB Twitter account and the Reveal will happen during the Half Time of the ND vs Lady Vol Game. NCAA Women's BKB (@ncaawbb) | Twitter

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I called it!

The Baylor part anyway.

I missed badly on Duke and Georgia.

I kept waiting and waiting for that Blue D to pop up..... but :oops:

Loading up on the Big South conference definitely hurt... but at least we are leading that league :rolleyes:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Like I said, who cares what Baylor’s seed is in the first reveal. I doubt that we will work our way up to a 1 seed but a 2 is attainable. If Baylor is 3 seed come tournament time I suspect that no 1 or 2 seed will be very happy about having us in their region.

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I called it!

The Baylor part anyway.

Me too. Just like i said and the heat i have taken. Committee looks at SOS

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I called it!

The Baylor part anyway.

What are you going to talk about now that your prediction about BU came true? That’s been at least 50% if your posts this season.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Even with four Freshmen, Baylor & Kim Mulkey should be ashamed of their OOC Scheduling. This isn't the first year she's scheduled like this. Don't want to play the traditional Top 10 teams, then at least schedule Top 15 -25. Also schedule and play some home/Away series against Good Teams. Better scheduling helps build a NCAA Resume and get ready for Conference Play.

Like I said, who cares what Baylor’s seed is in the first reveal. I doubt that we will work our way up to a 1 seed but a 2 is attainable. If Baylor is 3 seed come tournament time I suspect that no 1 or 2 seed will be very happy about having us in their region.

Like I said, who cares what Baylor’s seed is in the first reveal. I doubt that we will work our way up to a 1 seed but a 2 if probably attainable. If Baylor is. 3 seed come tournament time I suspect that no 1 or 2 seed will be very happy about having us in their region.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Even with four Freshmen, Baylor & Kim Mulkey should be ashamed of their OOC Scheduling. This isn't the first year she's scheduled like this. Don't want to play the traditional Top 10 teams, then at least schedule Top 15 -25. Also schedule and play some home/Away series against Good Teams. Better scheduling helps build a NCAA Resume and get ready for Conference Play.

Mulkey scheduled like she wanted to and is paying the price. Keep droning on about the BU schedule. It will not change anything. But if it makes you feel better, enjoy.

Reaction Score
Do note that Baylor did play a traditional top 10 team in Stanford, and a consistent ranked team in Kentucky. Unfortunately they did not play along with Baylor's scheduling aspirations. Everyone knows the situation with the UCLA game. While still not a terribly difficult schedule it is not wholly from lack of effort. By the time Big 12 play is over Baylor should have at least 5 and perhaps as many as 8 ranked victories.

Plebe

Reaction Score
What are you going to talk about now that your prediction about BU came true? That’s been at least 50% if your posts this season.
What fun would it be to spend 50% of my time making Baylor-related seeding predictions if I didn't spend the remaining 50% of my time bragging about how accurate my predictions were.

upload_2018-1-18_19-25-27.jpeg

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
What fun would it be to spend 50% of my time making Baylor-related predictions if I didn't spend the remaining 50% of my time bragging about how accurate my predictions were.

Oh, Plebe. I tried to give you ample opportunity not to work your way into the Ring of Ignore Honor.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Oh, please. Baylor hasn't played anyone with a pulse yet this season except for UCLA. I don't want to hear excuses about Cox not being in the lineup; Mulkey's own fault for having a short roster after running off so many players at the end of each season. Even if Baylor had beaten UCLA, their SOS would still be garbage. Yes, they'd have a higher RPI not having lost the game, so maybe they'd be a spot or two higher.

The most upset person about Baylor's ranking was Charlie Crème and that was only because him having them as a #1 overall seed was way off base.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Oh, Plebe. I tried to give you ample opportunity not to work your way into the Ring of Ignore Honor.
Are you joking or are you really that sensitive?

My posts about Baylor's schedule and its impact on current seeding were matter-of-fact in nature. I'm not one to finger-wag or chastise about it. I'm sorry if it strikes such a personal chord. I did indulge in some self-back-patting but it was all in good and (I thought) innocent fun.

I noted elsewhere that I believe Baylor's seeding will rise as it begins to score wins in its heavily backloaded conference schedule.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Oh, please. Baylor hasn't played anyone with a pulse yet this season except for UCLA. I don't want to hear excuses about Cox not being in the lineup; Mulkey's own fault for having a short roster after running off so many players at the end of each season. Even if Baylor had beaten UCLA, their SOS would still be garbage. Yes, they'd have a higher RPI not having lost the game, so maybe they'd be a spot or two higher.

The most upset person about Baylor's ranking was Charlie Crème and that was only because him having them as a #1 overall seed was way off base.

Do you hear me whining about the seeding? I have no problem with the seeding committee’s decision. If Baylor beats Texas a couple of times it will help, but considering UT’s pathetic loss to TCU it will not help that much.

We haven’t beaten any teams of significance but at least we haven’t lost to TCU.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Do you hear me whining about the seeding? I have no problem with the seeding committee’s decision. If Baylor beats Texas a couple of times it will help, but considering UT’s pathetic loss to TCU it will not help that much.

We haven’t beaten any teams of significance but at least we haven’t lost to TCU.
And, guess what? Even with the loss to TCU, our RPI and SOS are still so much better than Baylor's that we're ranked 2 spots higher by the committee (despite 2 more losses than Baylor). That should tell you how pathetic your schedule has been thus far.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom