NCAA To Announce Preliminary Seedings Monday. | Page 9 | The Boneyard

NCAA To Announce Preliminary Seedings Monday.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
I think people that haven't experienced it firsthand just don't grasp that. Even looking at a map doesn't really bring it home. Gotta be out there driving hour after hour after hour on a blacktop heading to somewhere else to understand.

I can vouch for that, having moved from CT to Oregon in my late 30s. The sizes and distances are stunning after having lived in New England. In fact, I think that the Oregon county in which I now live is likely larger than all of CT.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
In fact, I think that the Oregon county in which I now live is likely larger than all of CT.

And then there's Montana. It's not Alaska big (or not quite Texas sized either?), but it's really, really big. My brother went to college in Seattle, had a roommate that lived in Eastern Montana. When the roomie went home, Seattle to the Western edge of Montana wasn't even the halfway point. That Big Sky country just keeps going indefinitely. I've never made if further than about halfway across MT by car.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Seems like an overly large amount of discussion of the MSU-Oregon game. I'll throw out some simple thoughts I had after a recent rewatch on YouTube.

- Oregon played well, had a better gameplan and executed it nicely. They deserved the win. It was at home and wasn't dominating (MSU led for much of the 3rd Qtr), so I don't see it being a huge plus for Oregon or minus for State, but I may be wrong.

- The officiating was inconsistent and frustrating to both coaches. It was also called tighter, but still inconsistent, than a typical SEC game. Despite this, Hebard was allowed to apply a ton of physical pressure to Teaira. There were at least three clear uncalled fouls where Hebard moved under T as she was jumping to catch a pass while keeping her arm planted in her back. She's used to getting mauled, but that game was worse and she got frustrated. The Oregon gameplan on O also frustrated her, but that was just good on Oregon and Graves for the gameplan and execution.

- Two MSU starters who have not fouled out in any other game this year fouled out in Eugene. That's unusual. I'll leave it at that.

- The definition of fluke is "an unexpected stroke of good luck". Obviously Oregon's win was not a fluke.

Looking forward to the rest of this season.

Reaction Score
I re-watched the UConn/SC game so now i know why i thought Miss St had 2 losses. ESPN in a graphic shortly after halftime listed them with 2 losses! I assumed (yeah I know...) they knew.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom