NCAA proposes changing season schedule/starting dates | The Boneyard

NCAA proposes changing season schedule/starting dates

Reaction Score
My worry with starting earlier is that it puts games in more competition with football( college and pro) for a limited number of tB broadcast slots.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
My worry with starting earlier is that it puts games in more competition with football( college and pro) for a limited number of tB broadcast slots.
Football is on Saturdays, only one day in the extended period

Reaction Score
COLLEGE Football is on Saturdays, only one day in the extended period
Football is on Thursday evening Friday evening and all day Saturday. NFL is all day Sunday and also Monday night. and some other days. Men's AND women's basketball are forced in the early season to cram their games in around those football broadcasts. As the season progresses into bowls and playoffs in December, the schedule opens up.

Why compete for limited slots against football ? If you extend the season, do it on the back end - not the front.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Football is on Thursday evening Friday evening and all day Saturday. NFL is all day Sunday and also Monday night. and some other days. Men's AND women's basketball are forced in the early season to cram their games in around those football broadcasts. As the season progresses into bowls and playoffs in December, the schedule opens up.

Why compete for limited slots against football ? If you extend the season, do it on the back end - not the front.
But then we'd lose the catchy alliteration and historical weight of "March Madness." "April Madness" just wouldn't be the same. :D

But your point is taken.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
But then we'd lose the catchy alliteration and historical weight of "March Madness." "April Madness" just wouldn't be the same. :D

But your point is taken.
And April Abnormality just doesn't have the same ring to it

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

I imagine most networks how to schedule games so that the teams that are most watched aren't competing with one another. Put UConn vs Anyone on TV against Eastern Michigan-Marshall. I think UConn could hold its own.

Reaction Score
All in favor of starting the season earlier. By October I'm jumping out of my skin already.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

But your point is taken.
Especially since both March Madness tournaments do in fact culminate in April. But that is never mentioned in the advertising.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom