NCAA: Committee on Infractions could not conclude UNC violated NCAA rules | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCAA: Committee on Infractions could not conclude UNC violated NCAA rules

Reaction Score
By framing UNCs issue as a "benefits issue" rather than "an ineligible player issue" The NCAA gave itself wiggle room not to punish North Carolina. The unescapable truth is

So all those players who the University knew and funnelled into taking fake classes are considered eligible by the NCAA just because they padded the classes with a few non-athletes? Emmert's arrogance and greed knows no bounds of ethics.

Reaction Score
Ben Swain‏ @TheBenSwain 16m16 minutes ago
“Hello Adidas, pay normal students too”

DMBg_dKUIAEcAOt.jpg

Reaction Score
Can't wait to see those student-athlete ads they always run during the tournament.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Wait wait wait, this literally makes no sense.

Doesn't the players GPA contribute to the APR? If the students were taking fraudulent classes that boosted their GPA, doesn't that mean they are reporting a fraudulent APR?

And what's worse, a low APR or a fake APR?

Am I missing something here?

What an absolute load of horse****. Actually.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Too everyone moaning about UConn's penalty in comparison. Too bad no one cares.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So, does anyone else wonder why North Carolina was so insistent that the NCAA not release a report that would be entirely vindicate them right before a fundraising event? One has to wonder what happened over the last week.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am actually speechless to find the correct swear words which depict the proper outrage. The NCAA finds violations in ridiculous things like Geno setting up an ESPN Tour for Maya Moore, that was frequently offered to the public, and turns around and blesses sham courses to keep athletes eligible, where being a student athlete is supposedly the core of the NCAA's self righteous purity. And in the same breath, the head of this swamp has the balls to organize a commission..... Begs the question why North Carolina would not have wanted this release last week. Clearly the NCAA wanted to get their commission established before the release so they could pretend ....

Like a famous women often said;

NEVERMIND

Reaction Score
Un. Believable.

I mean not really.

It makes me so angry. Why didn't we think to just use fake classes? It's tempting to want to sue the NCAA into the ground, but we know how that went last time.

Reaction Score
This proves without a shadow of any doubt that UConn was punished incredibly excessively for their APR.

This is offensive to all the students who bust their asses to get good grades at UNC too.

The overall lack of integrity shown by the NCAA here is just another embarrassment. Maybe they should have let the FBI handle this one, too.
We’ve all known for a long time that the NCAA is a selective disciplinary group, nice to see the FBI kick some ass, hopefully they can continue so all of the fraud comes to a stop.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
I feel like boycotting all NCAA events, but I don't want to punish myself by not watching the UCONN men and women basketball.

This non-action by the ncaa is not good for the future of college sports. but they don't care, they get their money now.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So all those players who the University knew and funnelled into taking fake classes are considered eligible by the NCAA just because they padded the classes with a few non-athletes? Emmert's arrogance and greed knows no bounds of ethics.
Go back and reread that post now. You saw only the first paragraph. We're in agreement.

Reaction Score
posted in the other thread, but this one is getting more traction...

Shorter NCAA:
"We'd rather see UNC make fake classes available to their entire student population, than see UConn have student-athletes do poorly in real classes."

Kudos to the professors at UConn for having academic standards, and to the coaches and athletic department for making the necessary changes to see that our athletes have the support needed to perform in the classroom.

The NCAA is a joke.

Reaction Score
The APR angle is a good one.

Email to NCAA: Hello, we need new direction on filing APR scores. Are fake numbers now permissable?

Response: You will get the death penalty for knowingly submitting fake APR scores.

Email to NCAA: Sorry, I should have been clearer. What I meant is, can our professors issue fake grades which are then calculated into a fake APR score?

Response: Only if you don't know the grades are fake.

Email to NCAA: Let me rephrase. If the professor issues fake grades but doesn't tell us they are fake, can we use them?

Response: Only if there are regular kids in the class.

Email to NCAA: And, let's say hypothetically, we are caught using fake grades for the APR, through no fault of our own (only the professor is culpable), can we still use the fake grades in our APR even though we admitted they were fake?

Response: Good question. Let me check with Emmert!!!!!!

Reaction Score
As if the hypocrisy of college sports wasn't obvious enough, NCAA sends clear message that the system is rigged and those that most benefit & control this rigged system can simply do whatever the scalfucklito they want.

Definitely in comparison to UConn ridiculous & salt in the wound that in this case they make a point to apply penalties adopted AFTER the violations versus in UConn's cased imposing rules retroactively.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The APR angle is a good one.

Email to NCAA: Hello, we need new direction on filing APR scores. Are fake numbers now permissable?

Response: You will get the death penalty for knowingly submitting fake APR scores.

Email to NCAA: Sorry, I should have been clearer. What I meant is, can our professors issue fake grades which are then calculated into a fake APR score?

Response: Only if you don't know the grades are fake.

Email to NCAA: Let me rephrase. If the professor issues fake grades but doesn't tell us they are fake, can we use them?

Response: Only if there are regular kids in the class.

Email to NCAA: And, let's say hypothetically, we are caught using fake grades for the APR, through no fault of our own (only the professor is culpable), can we still use the fake grades in our APR even though we admitted they were fake?

Response: Good question. Let me check with Emmert!!!!!!
#toobigtofail

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom