NCAA: Committee on Infractions could not conclude UNC violated NCAA rules | Page 7 | The Boneyard

NCAA: Committee on Infractions could not conclude UNC violated NCAA rules

Reaction Score
Fans of the have nots need to take over the games. The fans should rush the court and field before the start of every NCAA tournament game and every major bowl game and completely destroy the cash cows. Make the events a disaster for TV. Maybe ESPN games should be especially targeted. Isn't the head of ESPN a UNCheat guy?

Total anarchy and a full on revolution is needed.

Reaction Score
Fans of the have nots need to take over the games. The fans should rush the court and field before the start of every NCAA tournament game and every major bowl game and completely destroy the cash cows. Make the events a disaster for TV. Maybe ESPN games should be especially targeted. Isn't the head of ESPN a UNCheat guy?

Total anarchy and a full on revolution is needed.

The verdict didn't go our way...burn cars, smash windows, fight the cops...it is, after all, the new American way.

Reaction Score
NCAA is toothless. I have to believe they approach these things knowing that the P5 may break away from them.

The current scandal with the Feds will be interesting. I think that could be the catalyst to get all the money above board and treat these athletes as professionals. Not sure why the P5 can’t govern themselves and negotiate their own media deals at which point the NCAA is totally useless to them.

I’m starting to move away from college athletics and if the above happens it will hold little interest to me.

Reaction Score
The verdict didn't go our way...burn cars, smash windows, fight the cops...it is, after all, the new American way.
I don't advocate what Paesano is suggesting. But it is not nearly as bad as the current American way of winning at all costs, where universities systematically funnel athletes to fraudulent classes, provide hookers and cash to recruits, let their star quarterbacks get away with rape (and their fans turning a blind eye to it), etc. Heck, even burning cars and smashing windows isn't as bad as what is going on in college athletics. People are fed up and just venting.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No but people can do what was done in the 60s. Occupy the NCAA! Sit on the court/field and make the police arrest and remove you. If thousands do it in waves at every game, it will hit the NCAA in the only place they care about. Their wallet. College athletics is a disgusting joke. Blow it up and start over.

Reaction Score
The APR has no meaning
But that would have been worse than the death penalty.

There are 15 players overall. Just one player who scores a zero (0 out of 4 points) on your APR is a catastrophe. Could have been a 5 year APR ban! LOL.
The APR has no meaning any longer based on that. How can schools that fall just under the APR be sanctioned now? North Carolina had a completely fake APR for 10-20 years!

C

Chief00

The APR has no meaning

The APR has no meaning any longer based on that. How can schools that fall just under the APR be sanctioned now? North Carolina had a completely fake APR for 10-20 years!
The APR never had any meaning. Chief has been vindicated as has Coach Calhoun.

C

Chief00

I must be missing something big because the main thing I still don't get is this:

We hear that this case centered around an impermissible benefits case: that the NCAA had to prove that athletes got benefits beyond those granted to normal students.

Why was only this side of it the fulcrum of the ruling? Why is it not an issue of fielding players who in hindsight (and we know the NCAA doesn't have a problem retroactive [double jeopardy] punishment) should have been ineligible for sumbitting grades for invalid courses for the sake of remaining eligible? Why didn't testimony that UNC funneled athletes through the department which is at the center of the scandal play a factor?
Because the NCAA did NOT want to punish UNC. Bad for basketball TV ratings.

C

Chief00

Can't wait until UNC turns around and sues the NCAA for ruining their academic reputation as a result of the indictments and delays.

Where's Dick Blumenthal when you need him?
We never need that clown again. We are still paying for Dick getting involved over a decade ago.

Reaction Score
I'm a little late to this party... So is the basic premise that the NCAA has concluded that even though these classes were worthless and with a total lack of academic creditability, that they are acceptable because they were not created solely for athletes?

While the lack of NCAA action is disgusting, I do see their point in stating that they cannot punish a school for the classes it creates *if* the entire student body does have access to it. It's morally/ethically idiotic, but I do get the stance. If so, UNC found itself quite an amazing loophole and essentially every school can (and should if they are not already) do this. Any notion of the student athlete was destroyed years ago, but this officially states it.

When I was at UConn, there was always a rush to try and take Geology 101 (Rocks for Jocks). It was a large class ~350 (AS55) and it was about 85% athletes. It was simple. Two exams, all of the notes were provided and you could pass/fail it with no effect on GPA. It was also a pre-req so it aided with graduation. The other class was French 169 (Studies in the French Speaking World). It was basically myself, one other dude, and then the soccer, field hockey, and volleyball teams (those femininas' were gorgeous!) Much of the class was done in French. I do not then nor now speak French. Got an A. Obviously, a bit different than UNC's system, but I think every big time university has their "athlete" courses.

C

Chief00

Not sure how you fit in this picture but otherwise, yeah.
I told a strong stand againat the NCAA when they went against Coach, while many casual “UConn” fans pointed their figures at UConn.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I told a strong stand againat the NCAA when they went against Coach, while many casual “UConn” fans pointed their figures at UConn.
Lol, that is delusional even for you my friend. Are you breaking the Thorazine in half again?

robert-pattinson-vanity-fair-7.jpg

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Because the NCAA did NOT want to punish UNC. Bad for basketball TV ratings.

I have to believe that has a lot to do with it
Can you imagine how much revenue would be lost if the Puke/UNC games were meaningless or not held for 1 season or God forbid multiple seasons?
Christ, CBS and ESPN start advertising that game in late October

C

Chief00

Your support of JC is fine, though not particularly surprising on a UConn MBB board. It's the rest that post that s, well, bat[excrement] crazy.

There were a lot of people on this Board who threw Jim Calhoun under the bus when the heat was on. Stairmaster is an example.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom