NC State Post Game Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

NC State Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Don't forget that AE also calmly sunk two free throws in the 2nd OT. She was an unsung hero!
... and the put-back. Nothing unsung in my songbook: both she and Olivia playing under the pressure of fouling out with nothing behind them was gutsy & intelligent & skillful. Without that Paige never gets the center stage.

Or without Nika turning the game around. Or without CW carrying us on her back right at the start, with the team a little flat out of the gate.

Team. UConn basketball.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
Stanford has a lot of bigs. Our depth at the post is now a disadvantage. I hope Geno gives Caroline more of a chance.
I thought so too but checking their box score they start 6’4, 6’1, 6’1, 6’1 and 5’9
their main big off the bench is 6’1

where they would really miss Dorka would be against SC

Reaction Score
What they went through during the season showed today and finally winning in OT in the tournament!

Sad for Dorka. There was a noticeable drop in energy after her injury but they picked themselves up and held nerve to win. Paige and Azzi did come up big
[May have been posted already]

And to quote Paige from Katie Barnes, ESPN:

UConn lost some momentum earlier after forward Dorka Juhasz went down with an apparent wrist injury early in the second quarter. [Fracture]

"This team has been through so much and it's only made us stronger," Bueckers said. "And if we see one of our sisters go down, we're going to do it for her. We all love each other, we're all so close. It just signifies what we've been through all year. Whole bunch of adversity, highs and lows, ups and downs. We stayed composed and we stayed together.''

[Sorry to hear Dorka will not play again this year]

Geno was right in putting the three #1 recruits he had together: Christyn, Paige, Azzi - they are nowhere near their ceiling, not having played much together as a trio except these last few games during the NCAA tournament.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It took me almost an hour to get out of the parking lot..........but it was worth it !
It took me two hours to get my breathing under control and to stop sweating (in my perfectly climate-controlled living room), and I am only now starting to have enough brain function to comprehend what has just happened.......but it was worth it.

Reaction Score
One of the many unsung heroes was Muhl, who was +8 in just over eight minutes, helping push a two-point lead to seven the first time she came in, and helping get a four-point deficit down to one the second time.

You can't have a game this great without a great opponent. I hope people will stop saying Cunane is merely a good player who fades in the big games. (She made the Bridgeport regional all-tournament team along with Olivia Miles of Notre Dame, plus Connecticut's trio of Bueckers (Most Outstanding player, obviously), Fudd, and Williams.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Enjoy this Paige highlight clip

At the end, they include Holly Rowe's cut in where she describes how Geno told her 4 years ago we have the next DT and that Holly could not believe it seeing this scrawny kid.

Reaction Score
Also, I'm tired of hearing how Caitlin Clark is the best player in WCBB. When the big lights come on, there is Paige, and there is everyone else, bad knee or not.
All you gotta know is that CC went 0-8 in a half with her season on the line & PB went 8-9 in a similar situation & against better competition. Not even close. Paige is still the best player in WCBB by a mile and she came out tonight to remind everyone of just that.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Watchung Sports Center. UConn game led off the coverage. But I enjoyed the following comment by one of the
announcers.

After describing Demar DeRozen as the best mid-range player in the game, he then said "unless you consider Paige Bueckers"

Thinking about the FF, you really can't get a better group than the FF we have. Each team left has intriguing stars.

Reaction Score
Like so many others have posted, that was an epic game. It was similar to a championship boxing match with both teams hitting and counter punching from the second half on to the 2 OT’s.

This game topped the Baylor game in last year’s Elite Eight matchup - two teams not willing to concede an inch to the other. Like Lazarus rising from the dead, Paige came to life when needed, especially after a rocky beginning for her. Early on, she seemed to be heaving her shots, physically struggling.

Then, something clicked and she took over, recalling the SC OT game. Ice water is too lame a term to describe her. Kudos to the entire team, each played their hearts out. A special nod to NC St, who unfortunately had to be the team to lose. It hurts, but in time, they will hold their heads high.

Paige & Azzi both have “it.”

Siestakeyfan

Sailing at Block Island Race Week
Reaction Score
Just doing a drive by cause I am spent, my BP is off the charts and I need to try and sleep but.....
THIS IS THE GREATEST BASKETBALL GAME I HAVE EVER WATCHED!!!!!!!!!
One of GREATEST ever !

Reaction Score
That was a GREAT game! Paige reminded me of the old cowboy movies where the hero would ride in on a white horse and save the day, SHE WAS MAGNIFICENT! Brought to tears two times, Dorka injury, gruesome to see, and Geno interview. Call me an old softie but that got to me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom