NC State @ Florida State and other Thursday games | Page 5 | The Boneyard

NC State @ Florida State and other Thursday games

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
In the words of the great @triaddukefan

Lawd hammercy.

Sounds like it's a good thing I am at a bar and can't watch.

Something about playing at Miami.

Gut check time for ND now. Which way is the season going to go? Gonna be a long flight back to Indiana.

I had to use Triad's "Lawd hammercy" quote once this week myself. Hey Orangutan, throw back a cold one for me. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Im not suprised

Shepard was game w/ 17 points/17 boards, but Turner was a no show (5 and 4)

For Miami Hof had 21/13 and Mompremier had 18/12. That's a nice combo.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Whatever WNBA stock she had is falling.

But the replay of her game winner in the Championship Game has been replayed by ESPN about a million times. She has to have some PR/marketing value!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
A&M missed a makeable 5-footer at the buzzer to send the game to OT.

Now they can't hit the barn with it. Missouri has outscored them 3-0 nearly 4 minutes into the OT.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
ACC standings:

Lou 9-1
ND. 8-2
NCS 8-2
FSU 8-2
Mia 8-2
Syr 6-3
Clm 6-4
UNC 5-5

Crazy log jam for 2nd place. I'd think it has to sort itself out somewhat, but the ACC is just too big and so many teams only play each other once.

Plebe

Reaction Score
A&M finally scores 2 points with 16 seconds left in OT. Probably too little too late, down by 3.

Reaction Score
Crazy log jam for 2nd place. I'd think it has to sort itself out somewhat, but the ACC is just too big and so many teams only play each other once.

I resorted. FSU is currently 2-0 against the other 3 teams it's tied with, Mia is 1-1, while ND & NCS are 0-1.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Carter took an astounding 32 shots of TAM 67. Talk about a chucker! How is she helping anyone get better as the point guard-no wonder Howard and Dani transferred...
Missed her last 11 shots. Her last made FG was with more than 3 minutes left in 3Q.

Her body language throughout this OT period has been awful. Coming out of the timeout here with 18 secs left in overtime, she's completely lost her composure, barking at her teammates, looking totally flustered.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Gustafson has 10 point and 3 rebounds already, still in Q1. I think she has a long streak of consecutive double doubles going, just about guaranteed to get another tonight. Iowa leading Michigan St. 19-15.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
But the replay of her game winner in the Championship Game has been replayed by ESPN about a million times. She has to have some PR/marketing value!

Maybe in the midwest and south. Not in the northeast (especially in Connecticut) part of the country. There are some ND fans that live here in the west. Like UConn fans, they're every where. I wouldn't say they are beloved here. ND is one of our (USC) oldest and most intense rivalries in college football. Admittedly they do travel well for their games here in the LA Coliseum.

I don't know if it's the weather, the beaches, Disneyland/Universal studios tour and city walk, the Hollywood experience, or the shops on Rodeo Drive. When ND comes to LA, a very large contingent of ND fans show up too. They come, and they spend some $$$. Memories can fade over time. The WNBA is a "what have you done for me lately" league. Rookies come into the league every year trying to supplant the veterans, and take their jobs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Who is #1? (thinking ahead to Monday nite)

LOU
W - ^Ariz St, Kentucky, @FSU, UConn, Syr
L - @ND

BAY
W - @Ariz St, @So Car, UConn, Iowa St, @Texas
L - @Stan

(Pretty nutty that they have 2 nonconf opponents in common.)

Plebe

Reaction Score
Who is #1? (thinking ahead to Monday nite)

LOU
W - ^Ariz St, Kentucky, @FSU, UConn, Syr
L - @ND

BAY
W - @Ariz St, @So Car, UConn, Iowa St, @Texas
L - @Stan

(Pretty nutty that they have 2 nonconf opponents in common.)
Louisville, by a hair.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Missed her last 11 shots. Her last made FG was with more than 3 minutes left in 3Q.

Her body language throughout this OT period has been awful. Coming out of the timeout here with 18 secs left in overtime, she's completely lost her composure, barking at her teammates, looking totally flustered.

Even James Harden is saying ' what the heck' ;) 33 shots.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'll be pouring a glass of Wild Turkey as soon as I get home.

I'll be right over. Do you like the round or square cubes? Yeah, yeah, I know: No self respecting Bourbon drinker .... the Jack and coke crowd I will never understand, but to each his own I guess.

Plebe

Reaction Score
In a game with huge bubble implications, LSU has raced out to a 28-8 lead over Arkansas in mid-2Q.

Megan Gustafson has 19 of Iowa's 31 points midway through 2Q vs. Michigan State.
If I get a ballot, she is 1st team AA.

Reaction Score
In a game with huge bubble implications, LSU has raced out to a 28-8 lead over Arkansas in mid-2Q.

Megan Gustafson has 19 of Iowa's 31 points midway through 2Q vs. Michigan State.
If I get a ballot, she is 1st team AA.

Wish we could play like this every game lol

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I'll be right over. Do you like the round or square cubes? Yeah, yeah, I know: No self respecting Bourbon drinker .... the Jack and coke crowd I will never understand, but to each his own I guess.

I'll be having it on the rocks. Square cubes. Better stuff I do drink neat. Not sure Wild Turkey requires such treatment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom