NC State Attendance | Page 11 | The Boneyard

NC State Attendance

What will attendance look like game 1 vs NC State at the Rent?

• Under 20K

Votes: 19 6.2%
  • 21-25K

Votes: 88 28.8%
  • 26-30K

Votes: 102 33.3%
  • 30K+

Votes: 97 31.7%

• Total voters

DCT

Reaction Score
I have attended some Penn State games and recall attending a game vs Northern Illinois that drew 100,000.....yes, Northern Illinois. If Penn State can get 100k for Northern Illinois, we can get 40k for NC State.
Penn State sells 100,000+ tickets to every game.

Reaction Score
Crowd sounded loud on TV. At beginning of game, not many people in the stands. What was the holdup? Was the entry process slow or did fans just decide to come in late?

Reaction Score
Crowd sounded loud on TV. At beginning of game, not many people in the stands. What was the holdup? Was the entry process slow or did fans just decide to come in late?
Traffic was far heavier than anytime in recent memory for a UConn football game. Exit 58 on I-84 was backed up so far that we missed our chance to get in line because we didn't realize the line was for Exit 58 -- we thought it must be for Route 2! We wound up driving past the exit, getting off at the next exit in Manchester and circling back, which also took forever because of crawling traffic. Very different feel from last year. Even though we left home (Bristol) two hours before kickoff, we were still in line at the metal detectors when the game started, along with a LOT of other people.

Reaction Score
Traffic was a mess. Had a lot of people heading to the game after work and from the Newtown area it took me 2 hours to get there and park. That drive is normally 45 minutes. End of the first quarter there was still a line of cars up Silver Ln trying to get in. Really needed more traffic direction.

Reaction Score
Crowd was strong tonight. The corners were the only sparse areas at peak attendance.
As usual, people didn’t really get to seats well into 1st quarter. And at any time, there are probably 3-4K people milling around concourse. My friends were impressed. They were expecting sparse crowds from what they heard about UConn FB.

thought student section was packed and really loud for almost entire game.
As for the rest of the fans, a little surprised but not really that so many left early.
One big play and it could have been a 3 pt game.

Overall, thought it was a good game. Uconn has some things to work on. But The Rent experience was positive from my view.

Reaction Score
They always arrive late. ALWAYS.

Yesterday it was warranted because of the unusually high number of fans getting there on a weekday.
Definitely. We got there around 6:30 and the cars were streaming in.

Given the crowd, thought parking was fine. We got in relatively easy. Found a fire road in back and got out real easy.

Curious about that massive building next to parking lot. Thought I heard someone say it was Amazon. Is that true?

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
The crowd was great, best in years. Traffic was terrible, but I’ll take it for a big crowd. One thing bugged me. Only a handful of people in my section stood up on 3rd down. A guy in his mid 20s told me to sit down because he couldn’t see. I rejected his request and gave him some constructive feedback.

Reaction Score
I was happy with size of crowd overall. I don't think it was very loud though. In fairness, the game was not really a crowd pleaser. One early drive and one big play resulted in more than half of our yards gained.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom