NBC, TNT Sports expected to broadcast Big East men’s, women’s basketball games this season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NBC, TNT Sports expected to broadcast Big East men’s, women’s basketball games this season

Reaction Score
I am anti-streaming. It's going to become where you have to pay through the nose for internet, a cable company for local and network content, and then 4 or 5 streaming services for "exclusive" stuff. Some people, usually young, think this is just fine. I may be as old as dirt, but I remember when everything that could be seen came out of the ether for free.
I hear you, but having majority of Big East on FloSports hasn't been great for fans of the conference, and at the monthly price they charge.

It's already gotten to the point where the cost of streaming is the equivalent of cable and we're now hearing about streaming services "joining forces" to offer bundled packages. And contrary to your assumption, while the younger demographic like streaming, they don't want to pay what it costs. Especially when they can't use their parents' account anymore. My daughter's reaction when she figured out what it would cost her was priceless ;)

Baltic

Baltic
Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, I looked up the cost of Peacock. They’re currently running a special - $20 for a year. Looks like the regular cost is $6/month
Looked on the Peacock site and no $20 deal was available, except for students. Can you direct me to where the deal is advertised?

Reaction Score
Looked on the Peacock site and no $20 deal was available, except for students. Can you direct me to where the deal is advertised?
It was through an email if you were a previous subscriber. I have it through Comcast Flex box. If I want to put it on Roku or AppleTV, it won’t let me. i think the deal is over. ‍♀️

Reaction Score
yep, i just followed ctbbfn's link to the Peacock site and the cheapest option for non college students is now $5.99/mo. ($1.99/mo for 12months for college students, but there were hoops to jump through that i didn't bother investigating.)

Reaction Score
Way off topic here, Nan you can give me a digital spanking, but now I'm all riled up. Legislatures pass a lot of laws, most of them stupid. What I'd like to see is a law capping ridiculous "introductory offers". You know, something like (give us your credit card#) and it's only $0.99. Then when the offer expires (often unannounced) boom! Not always easy to cancel immediately (if you even notice). This is a legal scam that needs to be regulated.

How many BY'ers have seen their streaming services jump after the introductory "good deal"? (Not limited to streaming, there's a whole bunch of things this applies to).

Sorry. No one should reply to this as you are likely to get spanked too.

Reaction Score
This has been happening in almost any subscription!
It starts off with the bargain great price then automatically jumps to 75% to 90% more the 2nd year!
Magazines are a prime example!
You have to notify them in advance by e-mail or call them to stop the subscription to cancel or your automatically signed up for the increase!
Very frustrating!

Reaction Score
I am anti-streaming. It's going to become where you have to pay through the nose for internet, a cable company for local and network content, and then 4 or 5 streaming services for "exclusive" stuff. Some people, usually young, think this is just fine. I may be as old as dirt, but I remember when everything that could be seen came out of the ether for free.
Speaking as a millennial, I know many people around my age bracket (30s) are becoming increasingly anti-streaming. It's just the new cable, but more expensive and annoying.

Personally, I pay for one subscription a year (Hulu/Hulu Live) and if I can't find it on there or on radio/free TV (Roku, Tubi, Varsity app, etc.). Or I find a totally legal alternative method. If all else fails I simply don't watch/listen to it. I have seen/heard many similar sentiments as of the past year. Everything is so expensive and people have to prioritize.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Speaking as a millennial, I know many people around my age bracket (30s) are becoming increasingly anti-streaming. It's just the new cable, but more expensive and annoying.

Personally, I pay for one subscription a year (Hulu/Hulu Live) and if I can't find it on there or on radio/free TV (Roku, Tubi, Varsity app, etc.). Or I find a totally legal alternative method. If all else fails I simply don't watch/listen to it. I have seen/heard many similar sentiments as of the past year. Everything is so expensive and people have to prioritize.
However if you subscribe to Hulu Live, then you have access to the following sports related networks or major networks that also broadcast live sports: ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, TNT, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNEWS, CBSSN, FS1, FS2 and the FOX app. Did I miss any?
So you currently have access to the vast majority of UConn WBB games with the exception being any games being broadcasted on Peacock and MAX.
Again, not knowing the contract specifics between UConn and SNY, I hope that SNY retains the rights to the majority of UConn's BE regular season games.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
However if you subscribe to Hulu Live, then you have access to the following sports related networks or major networks that also broadcast live sports: ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, TNT, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNEWS, CBSSN, FS1, FS2 and the FOX app. Did I miss any?
SNY, if you are in their broadcast area.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
SNY, if you are in their broadcast area.
Very good point. I don't live in their broadcast area thus the reason why I thought of the Fox Sports App instead of SNY.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Unrelated to UConn, but what shocked me about this was the discussion of the compensation for athletes from the last ten years. Of the 2.8 billion, 42% comes from the NCAA, 35% from the non-P5 conferences, and 23% from the P5. Doesn’t sound bad, since there are meny more schools in the non-P5. But then they said that 90% of the compensation is likely to go to former P5 athletes.

Pretty good deal for the P5 schools and athletes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom