NBC, TNT Sports expected to broadcast Big East men’s, women’s basketball games this season | The Boneyard

NBC, TNT Sports expected to broadcast Big East men’s, women’s basketball games this season

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score

Big East men’s and women’s college basketball is on the verge of adding new television partners as NBC Sports and TNT Sports are expected to join Fox Sports in presenting games beginning this season, sources briefed on the negotiations told The Athletic.
While Fox Sports will remain the top partner, both NBC, which will feature most of its games on Peacock, and TNT Sports, which operates the streaming service Max, are anticipated to add a large number of games.

The thought of not having to stream WBB games is a dream. And Peacock is discounted right now, so I may sign up for that (sigh).

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I wonder where this leaves SNY.

Hopefully still in the picture (no pun intended).
- SNY is probably out
-The new deals won’t start until 2025-26, it was a typo by Marchand

Reaction Score
- SNY is probably out
Losing SNY would be bad because we'd lose a lot of the extra coverage SNY provides plus it's likely all the Tier 1 and 2 partners won't pick up every game, so we could end up having no TV coverage for a bunch of games none of the networks want.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Why should we assume that NBC and/or TNT will not be as willing as Fox has been to allow SNY to televise any UConn games that they are not interested in televising? I have to believe that there will be as many of those games on the women's side as there have been in previous years.

On the other hand, the fewer games SNY televises, the more @MJL243 can put on YouTube for us all to replay.

zls44

Reaction Score
Why should we assume that NBC and/or TNT will not be as willing as Fox has been to allow SNY to televise any UConn games that they are not interested in televising? I have to believe that there will be as many of those games on the women's side as there have been in previous years.

On the other hand, the fewer games SNY televises, the more @MJL243 can put on YouTube for us all to replay.

Because TNT and NBC will want UConn WBB content

All the games will be televised, it’s just that instead of SNY for Seton Hall it’d be Peacock, for example.

Reaction Score
I don’t see a world where SNY continues having a UConn deal They’ve been a great partner, but this is the way the business is evolving

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wonder where this leaves SNY.

Hopefully still in the picture (no pun intended).
- SNY is probably out
I don't know about that. They may have a few less games, but I wouldn't expect every UConn women's basketball game to be picked up by the broadcast partners.

zls44

Reaction Score
So we’re not going to know what streaming services we have to buy until the final tv schedule comes out. Great.
It’s for 2025-26

zls44

Reaction Score
I don't know about that. They may have a few less games, but I wouldn't expect every UConn women's basketball game to be picked up by the broadcast partners.

If you were trying to sell Peacock and MAX subscriptions would you use Providence WBB or UConn WBB?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If you were trying to sell Peacock and MAX subscriptions would you use Providence WBB or UConn WBB?
Neither. I would use men's basketball games.

Reaction Score
So we’re not going to know what streaming services we have to buy until the final tv schedule comes out. Great.
I am anti-streaming. It's going to become where you have to pay through the nose for internet, a cable company for local and network content, and then 4 or 5 streaming services for "exclusive" stuff. Some people, usually young, think this is just fine. I may be as old as dirt, but I remember when everything that could be seen came out of the ether for free.

Reaction Score
Currently Peacock is running a deal $19 for the year. Mostly likely for the Olympics coverage. I'm going to try it.
For me, if SNY is out I'd go back to YouTube TV because it's cheaper than Hulu. Plus with Hulu, in order to get Live TV I have to bundle with Disney+ which I never watch.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, I looked up the cost of Peacock. They’re currently running a special - $20 for a year. Looks like the regular cost is $6/month

zls44

Reaction Score
Currently Peacock is running a deal $19 for the year. Mostly likely for the Olympics coverage. I'm going to try it.
For me, if SNY is out I'd go back to YouTube TV because it's cheaper than Hulu. Plus with Hulu, in order to get Live TV I have to bundle with Disney+ which I never watch.

Exact same boat I’m in. Though I do love The Bear

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This is excellent news. Going to be so much easier to see the games.

Reaction Score
i can see it where any games nbc/peacock have are obviously not SNY. I can see fox again sublicensing UConn games to SNY for their portion, but it will probably be less games than there are now. Kind of like how fox sub license a couple games to CBS on the men’s side each year

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Here's what I don't understand or am confused about.
All of the biggies (Fox, CBS, Peacock, MAX, etc) are signing up deals with the Big East.
The SNY deal is with UConn but I believe it was negotiated while in the BE the first time.
Will/can UConn continue to negotiate their own coverage (ie SNY) or can the BE now prevent them, even though the original SNY contract was negotiated while we were in the BE?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom