NBC continues to add sports | Page 4 | The Boneyard

NBC continues to add sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Things change. Microsoft is scrambling for relevance these days. Viewers seemed to find NBCSN pretty well during the Olympics.

Reaction Score
They do but FX is a tough network to be on. No one stumbles upon an FX game because it isn't lumped in with sports stations. You have to go look for games on FX.

NBCS at least has that going for it on Comcast.

Not sure I'm the most savey TV user but each Saturday I flick on tv at 11am and go to espn ('cause always has football on and is simplier to get from a football game channel to all football games on guide) and from there press guide and it goes to tv schedule by channel by hour. Couple of entries and have all college football games from 11am by time/channel for as far into night as I want to go. I look through the games and note which games/times/channels they are on.

I don't remember who is on ESPN, ESPN2, regular tv, other cables but do pick out games want to see and go to whatever channels there on. Seems like what lot of people would be capable and interested in doing.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Their morning highlight show gets 2k viewers. Just funny.

Oh, I can read. I was trying to figure out what you were trying to say. I guess I just missed the laughs...

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
ANyone ever see what football NBCSN puts on on Saturdays? So it was 12:00 and I was looking at what's on. The SEC usually bores me so bypassed ESPN (USC-Tenn) and ESPNU (Kentucky-Mizzou), B1G was dull ESPN2 (Iowa-NW), and nothing on FX until later. So I looked around and found the riveting Yale-Columbia game on YES and Old Dominion-Delaware on NBCSN. So I have to believe that NBCSN would LOVE to upgrade their football content. When Colonial Conference football is your 12:00 football game then you need some help. Not saying the BE is must see TV but it's definitely better than the football I find on daytime Saturday NBCSN. I would be surprised if NBCSN doesn't bid well to grab the BE.

Reaction Score
ANyone ever see what football NBCSN puts on on Saturdays? So it was 12:00 and I was looking at what's on. The SEC usually bores me so bypassed ESPN (USC-Tenn) and ESPNU (Kentucky-Mizzou), B1G was dull ESPN2 (Iowa-NW), and nothing on FX until later. So I looked around and found the riveting Yale-Columbia game on YES and Old Dominion-Delaware on NBCSN. So I have to believe that NBCSN would LOVE to upgrade their football content. When Colonial Conference football is your 12:00 football game then you need some help. Not saying the BE is must see TV but it's definitely better than the football I find on daytime Saturday NBCSN. I would be surprised if NBCSN doesn't bid well to grab the BE.

ODU - Blue Hens was a decent game. Delaware losses 3rd conference game @ the end.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
ODU - Blue Hens was a decent game. Delaware losses 3rd conference game @ the end.

Fair enough but no one is switching to watch a FCS football game.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Pretty simple. No one watches the games. Recruits don't want to play for schools on a second rate network with no coverage on ESPN and play suffers.

You know just the impact on those insignificant things.

So recruits watch regional games on SNY and Internet access only games on ESPN3 more than a Cable station? Comcast Sports Net has regional networks in every part of the country and NBC-Universal is national/international. Right off the bat, The Big East has more exposure if they sign on with NBC.

Perhaps recruits don't watch games currently airing on NBCSN because of the quality of the TEAMS playing in those games. Delaware my be a nationally ranked FCS schools, but they are still only an FCS school.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So recruits watch regional games on SNY and Internet access only games on ESPN3 more than a Cable station? Comcast Sports Net has regional networks in every part of the country and NBC-Universal is national/international. Right off the bat, The Big East has more exposure if they sign on with NBC.

Perhaps recruits don't watch games currently airing on NBCSN because of the quality of the TEAMS playing in those games. Delaware my be a nationally ranked FCS schools, but they are still only an FCS school.

No offense but if you don't think recruits are getting their college sports coverage from ESPN and don't value being covered on SportsCenter and the rest of their shows there is no point in arguing because that is insane.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
No offense but if you don't think recruits are getting their college sports coverage from ESPN and don't value being covered on SportsCenter and the rest of their shows there is no point in arguing because that is insane.

I didn't say that, now did I? Do you not see Notre Dame Highlights on ESPN? They are on NBC. My point is that the NBC family of networks is not the end of the world and it is 1,000,000,000,000x better than being buried as the 4th or 5th option on ESPN or regional television like the conference/team is now.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I didn't say that, now did I? Do you not see Notre Dame Highlights on ESPN? They are on NBC. My point is that the NBC family of networks is not the end of the world and it is 1,000,000,000,000x better than being buried as the 4th or 5th option on ESPN or regional television like the conference/team is now.

Like I said, we disagree no need to argue anymore.

Be careful what you wish for - you might not find that you like being forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom