NBA Summer League | Page 15 | The Boneyard

NBA Summer League

Reaction Score
Sanogo just made a great read quickly on a short roll to find an open corner 3. That's the small stuff that can get him more time in the big leagues.

Reaction Score
Sanogo sets some solid screens too (even if he's not a vertical lob threat).

Reaction Score
Sanogo looking quite good. Defense not bad. Just took a charge on a drive. Positioning and decision making has been improved in drop coverage. Has been roasting the opponent on the glass all night (with his trademark physicality) and the guy just cheap shotted him in retaliation.

Has definitely looked better than Oturu, their other G league center.
He also had 2 blocks in the first half which was nice. He probably looked the best out of the 3 players today by far. He did a little bit of every but like Hawkins can't hit his FT's lol.

Reaction Score
I didn’t like the Kevon Looney comp for Sanogo before the summer league but based on the parts of the game I watched last night, that’s what he looked like. Sacrifice some defense and athleticism and give it to touch around the hoop. Roaming big who can help get the ball from side to side and then dives to the rim

He looks like he has slimmed down? Or is that just the jerseys? But he’s still using positioning and strength to grab rebounds both offensive and defensive. Setting good screens all around the floor and was rewarded with some post up opportunities where he scored a couple of baskets as well

The screen part shouldn’t be underrated. There have been a LOT of moving screens called across all teams this summer league. For a big man to be able to free up his teammate with a screen without fouling is not something that’s been common and consistent. Really happy he’s making the most of this opportunity

Reaction Score
Every level Adama has played at.. he always is the best player on the court… i can certainly see him playing in the nba… i also think him playing for Hurley has really helped his game… especially on defense with the high hedge…going out and guarding guards on the pick and roll

Reaction Score
the summer league is humbling. look at all the former hs, college all americans & nba draft picks trying to get on a roster. not to mention the international talent.

Reaction Score
Gradey Dick has a 20 piece a little over halfway through the third quarter. Looking pretty good

Reaction Score
It’s a shame. Super talented, was thinking he could be a Booker type player. He just doesn’t have it now, can’t see him sticking around.
Booker was my hope. Elite talent wasted.

Reaction Score
Tyrese ended up with 25 and 9 on 60% shooting.
Wow, how did I miss that he was playing today..amazing performance. I really hope he gets that final roster spot. He was a star for their G League team last year and has been great in the summer league minus one game

Strong, athletic wing who can play multiple positions and shoot reasonably well. Has the perfect build and playstyle for an NBA role player and has a short but proven track record of working his way to performance. From off the radar to G League camp to NBA combine to NBA draft to G League star all in about 1 year. No reason to doubt his ability and work ethic

Reaction Score
Markquis Nowell is so fast and shifty. Unfortunately might just be too small for this level. Got to his spots, but struggled making shots over defenders. 2-13 today

Jared Rhoden from Seton Hall played really well for Detroit, 18 points for him including 2 clutch free throws. Ausar Thompson also was pretty impressive, lot of turnovers but finished the game well on both ends. Gradey Dick was lighting it up but I think got fatigued and missed his last few shots pretty badly, including an open three that would have sent the game into OT

Marcus Sasser was 5-15 but had a tough steal in the backcourt into what ended up being the game winning layup. Summer league is so much more fun to watch if you follow college ball haha

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Very happy to see Tyrese playing at this level. He was a warrior in the Kevin Freeman mode. But better shooter. Like Freeman I thought he might be undersized for the three and not quick enough to defend a two. But he is just a good basketball player. And he is showing out Gleague and now this summer. Wish him all the best.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
This is going to sound nuts, and he’s not in the same stratosphere, but Tyrese’s game looks like Lebron’s. Similar style.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom