NBA playoffs | Page 28 | The Boneyard

NBA playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
east is clearly mid major (big east) level basketball while the west is where the real teams (P4) play.
You still clearly have the second best team in your city and arguably the third best in your area of the state.

Reaction Score
All props to the Timberwolves, incredibly impressive. Jokic and Murray scored pretty much all of the Nuggets points. They need an infusion of talent and guys who can score/create off the dribble. They also need another big guy, it's Jokic and nobody else.

Reaction Score
Twolves win and now Jokic doesn't have to worry about a parade and can "go home now"

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I picked a good time to start watching 2024 NBA: 3rd quarter, as T-wolves were coming back. Saw a some of the 1st & 2nd quarter Denver runs, and snippets of OKC-Mavs mostly to get my first look at SGA, and none of the Knicks or Celtics. No regrets.

I'd like it if the Conference championships hold my interest, but no guarantees, even if there are some serious skills on display. I do have earliest memories going back to 1960s Auerbach/Russell-era dominance sitting in the couch with my dad, enveloped in his Sunday afternoon cigar smoke.

Reaction Score
Well, silver lining of the Knicks losing - I don't have to listen to Doris flippin' Burke anymore. Her schtick was unlistenable when she was doing UConn women's games

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
east is clearly mid major (big east) level basketball while the west is where the real teams (P4) play.
I'm not sure that the chances of Cincinnati ever winning another NCAA men's basketball title are any greater than the chances of Cincinnati winning an NBA title.

Oh, and how long has it been since a P4 school won an NCAA title? I'm pretty sure the Bearcats weren't P-anything way back then.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Without Porzingis I don't think Celtics vs Pacers is a walk over
Small sample size bias maybe, but I watched their in-season tournament game. The Pacers handled the C's pretty well and it looked like they were trying to win to me.

Reaction Score
Sunday afternoons CBS NBA games in the 60’s and early seventies
Wilt, Bill Russel, Nate Thurmond, Willis Reed, Wes Unseld it was Big v Big TV. Who’d I miss?
Bob Lanier, Artis Gilmore

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Game 7 and the teams shoot 18-67 from 3. That's a lot of bricks. I'm going to call it bad basketball and a lousy product.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
You still clearly have the second best team in your city and arguably the third best in your area of the state.
And Cal State Long Beach is nipping at their heels.

Reaction Score
Looks like Legs is getting his material from aceboon.
Legs a smart guy, good to see ESPN using him more and more the past year since he's the best basketball guy on the network

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Without Porzingis I don't think Celtics vs Pacers is a walk over
It's not a walkover for sure. The Celtics should win. They will need to appreciate that this team can beat them and take defense seriously, they don't always.

Reaction Score
Walt Bellamy had some outstanding stats. Was part of the trade that brought Dave DeBusschere to the Knicks who was final piece for their two championships.

Played with some real hall of fame guys. Imagine playing with both West and Robertson!

"Bellamy was the starting center on the gold medal-winning 1960 American basketball team at the 1960 Summer Olympics. 10 of the 12 college players on the undefeated American squad went on to play professionally in the NBA, including fellow Big Ten player Terry Dischinger and fellow future Hall-of-Famers Jerry West, Oscar Robertson, and Jerry Lucas."

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
cant inbound the ball cleanly, no hand in Brown's face on the 3. Haliburton rushing shots and not draining clock. Choke job
I’d argue it was a choke job by Boston to let Indiana back in the game.

Reaction Score
Pacers…. Total meltdown
I watched a movie and switched to see what the final score was, I tuned in for the final 8 seconds. All they had to do was inbound the ball, they choked like they did against the Knicks in that early game. Pacers had 10 ft, Celtics had 30 ft but again all they had to do was inbound the ball.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I’d argue it was a choke job by Boston to let Indiana back in the game.

both-why.gif

Lucky win there. Brown with a gigantic shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom