NBA playoffs | Page 31 | The Boneyard

NBA playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Luka is somehow underrated.
He looks slow fat and injured yet no one can guard him.

In the first game, Edwards was in front of Luca and then Luca put the ball behind his back and spun 360 degrees, and Edwards was just left standing there watching as Luca layed it up over Gobert. Quite impressive.

Reaction Score
Ant Man has been bad 4 of the last 5 games. He’s also completely gassed in the 4th in this series so far. His turnover with 15 seconds left was real bad.

Reaction Score
Ant Man has been bad 4 of the last 5 games. He’s also completely gassed in the 4th in this series so far. His turnover with 15 seconds left was real bad.
Yeah unfortunately AntMan is not ready for prime time. Jordan even if he wasn't scoring at least was going to basket with conviction. AntMan just seems to be indecision most of the time and loves passing it back out to 3 instead of taking a shot. Biggest disappointment in this playoff round so far.

Reaction Score

In the first game, Edwards was in front of Luca and then Luca put the ball behind his back and spun 360 degrees, and Edwards was just left standing there watching as Luca layed it up over Gobert. Quite impressive.
Yep, even when healthy, he's not fast, but it is amazing that, no matter who is guarding him...seemingly whenever he wants to, he gets the guy to be behind him. Crazy good deceleration

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Just proves my point I’ve been saying for years: despite being fat and slow, I can shoot so ipso facto I am one of the great offensive players on the planet.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
People have been saying that for 40 years now. It isn't
I'm not sure soccer hasn't passed hockey now. MLS will never be as big as the NHL but soccer in America is so much more than MLS.

Reaction Score
Yeah unfortunately AntMan is not ready for prime time. Jordan even if he wasn't scoring at least was going to basket with conviction. AntMan just seems to be indecision most of the time and loves passing it back out to 3 instead of taking a shot. Biggest disappointment in this playoff round so far.
Jordan only had to face man-to-man defense, though. Defensive schemes today are exponentially more complex than 40 years ago.

Note that I'm not saying Ant (who's a little overrated) is as good as Jordan, or will be as good as Jordan. Hell I'd be surprised if he was as good as Wade when it's all said and done. We should just recognize that the game's changed a lot, and "just get downhill" is a much tougher proposition than it used to be.

Reaction Score
TWolves had a great McDaniels game game 1 and a great Reid game in game 2, they had to at least get one of those. After the last round I'm not ready to declare it over but they're up against it when you know PJ Washington and Derrick Jones are gonna be knocking down corner 3s at home on top of Luka/Kyrie getting theres.

Reaction Score
Just proves my point I’ve been saying for years: despite being fat and slow, I can shoot so ipso facto I am one of the great offensive players on the planet.
Are u 6’7?

Reaction Score
LoL. Its funny because I thought the media already anointed him the next Jordan!

Reaction Score
East playoffs have been a complete wasteland this year

Yeah it's overshadowed that the Celtics are even down 20% of their rotation with Kristaps and now Kornet out.

They're obviously better set-up to handle the attrition -- there's a reason Stevens won Exec of the Year.

Reaction Score
I've been pulling for the Timberwolves since 1989. The first two games of the conference finals had a disturbingly familiar feel.
The Minnesota coach is as dumb as rocks. He puts Rudy Gobert 1-on-1 on Luka on the perimeter, when only a 3 can beat you. LoL. Everyone knew what was going to happen a second into the play. Take the ball out of Luka's hands!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The Minnesota coach is as dumb as rocks. He puts Rudy Gobert 1-on-1 on Luka on the perimeter, when only a 3 can beat you. LoL. Everyone knew what was going to happen a second into the play. Take the ball out of Luka's hands!

Didn’t they switch?

But yeah, Gobert screwed up. Of course the last thing he should have done was bite and go backwards when everyone knew that Luka was going to take a stepback 3. Then again, he’s 7’2”, stuck guarding an insanely talented player.

Reaction Score
Didn’t they switch?

But yeah, Gobert screwed up. Of course the last thing he should have done was bite and go backwards when everyone knew that Luka was going to take a stepback 3. Then again, he’s 7’2”, stuck guarding an insanely talented player.
Yea they switched but if that was how they were playing then Rudy should have never been on the floor because it was predictable the Mavs would put him in the high ball screen.

On another note, NBA teams switch way too easily to put themselves in a bad spot defensively, you don't even have to set a real screen for guys to concede the switch.

Reaction Score
Celtics end of half push reminiscent of the Mavs last night, let's see if they can walk them down in the 2nd.

Reaction Score
Question about a rule: on a throw-in after the ball goes out of bounds, does the thrower have to establish himself inbounds if the ball is passed right back to him? I know he can't be out of bounds, but can he be up in the air? Can he take one step in bounds? (One foot?)

I know when a player is pushed out of bounds or has momentum takes him out, he must then have 2 feet back in before touching the ball.

But what's the rule for the throw-in?

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Mavs gonna sweep the Celtics. Kyrie and Luca are far better than Tatum and Brown. Celtics have no size to guard the Mavs center duo. Bye bye Celtics.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Celtics end of half push reminiscent of the Mavs last night, let's see if they can walk them down in the 2nd.

Not making any headway

Maybe the Pacers will stop shooting 65% at some point

Incredible how bad the Celtics are playing defensively

What are they doing?

Reaction Score
Jordan only had to face man-to-man defense, though. Defensive schemes today are exponentially more complex than 40 years ago.

Note that I'm not saying Ant (who's a little overrated) is as good as Jordan, or will be as good as Jordan. Hell I'd be surprised if he was as good as Wade when it's all said and done. We should just recognize that the game's changed a lot, and "just get downhill" is a much tougher proposition than it used to be.
Yeah but you also have to factor in how much more physical the league was in the 90's with the Pistons employing the "The Jordan Rules". Nowadays that kind of physical play would of gotten the whole team thrown out. No way is AntMan at Jordans place. He has to work on his body and skills and come back stronger and int attack mode. He just look so unsettled out there and you can't have that from the team leader. Look what Donic did and he was continually schemed against with all kind of defenses. I think Ant Man knows the has to improve and he will be a different player next year just like Jordan knew he had to get stronger to take the punishment of teams especially the Pistons.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Great comeback, great steal by Jrue, Tatum was dope, Al made 7 threes.

Let's not get their midgets light us up again in Game 4 and close this out.

Reaction Score
Mavs gonna sweep the Celtics. Kyrie and Luca are far better than Tatum and Brown. Celtics have no size to guard the Mavs center duo. Bye bye Celtics.
LoL. C's in 5 or sweep. First, Mavs will be lucky to have Luka and Kyrie both healthy the way they are going - if they even make it to the Finals. I'm not convinced yet they can make it through. Next, C's have 4 or 5 guys with length, physicality, speed and experience that can cover the perimeter. Next, the C's offense will run rough-shod over that Mavs defense. Finally, C's will most likely have Porzingas back for the Finals. He's arguably their most disruptive player on both ends. I'm "hoping" for a Cs/Mavs Final!

Reaction Score
Tatum became the first player in NBA history with multiple playoff games of 35+ points, 10+ rebounds and 5+ assists with no turnovers.

I still feel like he's not quite good enough to be the best guy on a title team -- he's a Drexler or a Barkley or a Pierce or a Malone. But damn. And the fact is, the Celtics are so well constructed that he might get this team there anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom