NBA playoffs | Page 30 | The Boneyard

NBA playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
To belittle the NBA for having bad ratings
Take it up with Front Office Sports which published it.

So far, the only person who has actually contributed to an actual discussion is Yardigan.

I'd like to know why ratings are down, or at least why BYers - who have opinions on everything - think that's the case. I personally couldn't care one way or the other as I don't watch a ton of hockey either (unless Pens are in semifinals/finals). Is that really so difficult to comprehend?

Reaction Score
Take it up with Front Office Sports which published it.

So far, the only person who has actually contributed to an actual discussion is Yardigan.

I'd like to know why ratings are down, or at least why BYers - who have opinions on everything - think that's the case. I personally couldn't care one way or the other as I don't watch a ton of hockey either (unless Pens are in semifinals/finals). Is that really so difficult to comprehend?
Now that you've been explained yourself, perfectly reasonable. But from your posts in this thread and then posting the numbers and saying discuss it comes across as incredibly arrogant and demeaning, and like you don't actually want to here opinions

Reaction Score
Viewership for 1st two rounds of NBA playoffs = down 11%
Viewership for 1st two rounds of NHL playoffs = highest ever
Discuss

The NBA has younger fans who are far more into illegal streams.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Viewership for 1st two rounds of NBA playoffs = down 11%
Viewership for 1st two rounds of NHL playoffs = highest ever
Discuss
Through the second round, NBA playoff games were averaging a 2.0 rating and 3.77 million viewers across ABC, ESPN, TNT/truTV and NBA TV — down 10% in ratings and 11% in viewership from the same point last year (2.3, 4.25M), but the second-most watched postseason through two rounds in the past decade. Compared to two years ago, ratings are down a tick but viewership is up 2% from 3.71 million.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Also, 6.3M viewers for Boston/Indiana on Tuesday:

For comparison purposes, 1.7M viewers for the NHL Semis on ESPN on Monday night, putting it as the second most watched sports programming of the night behind the WWE on USA.

Reaction Score
Actually, it's more likely that soccer continues its ascent in the U.S. and bumps hockey to 5th place. We will probably see that in our lifetimes.
People have been saying that for 40 years now. It isn't

Reaction Score
People have been saying that for 40 years now. It isn't
IMG_2126.gif

Bullseye. Idk hockey - at all - but thinking of what time of day the top soccer leagues are on…I don’t see it either Sir.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Actually, it's more likely that soccer continues its ascent in the U.S. and bumps hockey to 5th place. We will probably see that in our lifetimes.

Also, a single season's variance is not a "trend". I think that's what triggered the "agenda" comment. You put two unrelated data points next to each other as if together they made some kind of point, when really they do not.

There, now it's been discussed.
See, a rational reply!

fwiw, it's actually more likely in the short term than the WNBA eclipses the NHL as #4. But as Yardigan pointed out, hockey, probably more than any other major sport, is a different and better game come playoff time.
Now that you've been explained yourself, perfectly reasonable. But from your posts in this thread and then posting the numbers and saying discuss it comes across as incredibly arrogant and demeaning, and like you don't actually want to here opinions
Arrogant and demeaning? Was Linda Richman arrogant and demeaning?

Screenshot 2024-05-23 19.30.30.jpg

Reaction Score
See, a rational reply!

fwiw, it's actually more likely in the short term than the WNBA eclipses the NHL as #4. But as Yardigan pointed out, hockey, probably more than any other major sport, is a different and better game come playoff time.

Arrogant and demeaning? Was Linda Richman arrogant and demeaning?

View attachment 100961
You really caused a stir here, lolz

Reaction Score
Celtics might've unlocked something with their small lineup in this one. It won't be the Warriors Death Lineup -- not by a long shot -- but it'll be selectively useful.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Celtics might've unlocked something with their small lineup in this one. It won't be the Warriors Death Lineup -- not by a long shot -- but it'll be selectively useful.

Why did they wait until now to try it?

Reaction Score
Defensive matchups. Tatum can’t guard most fives.
Also they were down two centers (Kristaps & Kornet) to injury. Joe Mazz doesn’t trust Tillman or Queta, and Horford can’t play every minute, so… necessity is the mother of invention.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Defensive matchups. Tatum can’t guard most fives.
Also they were down two centers (Kristaps & Kornet) to injury. Joe Mazz doesn’t trust Tillman or Queta, and Horford can’t play every minute, so… necessity is the mother of invention.

I guess my main question was: they knew they only had Al and Kornet for the last few weeks, and Al should probably play 25-30 instead of 35-40 minutes...why didn't they experiment earlier and see what they had with a small ball lineup any point end of year or first 2 playoff series in case it was needed in big spots (i.e. NBA Finals)?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Best thing to happen to the Mavs was Max Kebler getting hurt so Kidd couldn’t play him.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Luca is crazy and crazy good. He hit a 3 in Gobert’s face and then started yelling and cursing at him. Then yelled at the fans to go home lol. I didn’t watch much of the nba this year until the playoffs but the mavericks are a fun team to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom