OT: - NBA Playoffs | Page 29 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And so is nobody going to roast Kawhi for his team-building like they did LBJ? Everyone cried endlessly about LBJ doing all this skeevy stuff to trade away “the young core” for AD and nobody said a word about Kawhi, who forced the Clippers to trade like 6 picks, Galo, and Zubac away for Paul George. Any critics around to comment on that now?
AD is much better than Paul George and fits more naturally as a partner. Other than that, the Lakers are pretty much trash. At least the Clips have/had talent aside from their stars. And yet...

Reaction Score
Yup just revising the narrative

Lol how’d that talent work out
Are you accusing me of revising the narrative? I'm pointing out (a) the truth, and (b) how it shows how great LeBron is (historically one of the best 3-5 players ever at worst).

Give him Kawhi's squad and he probably sweeps to the Finals.

Reaction Score
Are you accusing me of revising the narrative? I'm pointing out (a) the truth, and (b) how it shows how great LeBron is (historically one of the best 3-5 players ever at worst).

Give him Kawhi's squad and he probably sweeps to the Finals.
So you were one of the people speaking out against what Kawhi forced the Clippers to do? Because 6 picks and two role players for PG was not criticized at all. Everyone called this team the best on paper; they were the favorites to win the Finals. Nobody was wondering “oh boy I wonder how well PG/Kawhi will fit”. The Lakers sure have more two-way players than the Clippers, which ain’t saying much that’s a fact as well.

If AD is such a better player than PG as I agree, why would the Clippers move heaven and earth for him? Does this fall on Jerry West?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I will always respect that Kawhi did not pick the easy Durant route and join the Lakers. Still, the clippers were clearly over rated by everyone. The lakers look poised to run the table multiple years. Maybe Lebron gets the magic number 6 and good for him. He is clearly the best player in the NBA (at 36) and it seems the second best player is on his team. Did not think AD was so good and clutch.

Reaction Score
So you were one of the people speaking out against what Kawhi forced the Clippers to do? Because 6 picks and two role players for PG was not criticized at all. Everyone called this team the best on paper; they were the favorites to win the Finals. Nobody was wondering “oh boy I wonder how well PG/Kawhi will fit”. The Lakers sure have more two-way players than the Clippers, which ain’t saying much that’s a fact as well.

If AD is such a better player than PG as I agree, why would the Clippers move heaven and earth for him? Does this fall on Jerry West?
???

I mean, I think the Clips did the right thing, and I wouldn't be surprised if they win the title next year--or the year after. When healthy and not inexplicably terrible, George is certainly one of the best 10 2-way players in the league.

As for critiquing Kawhi? I would have stayed with the Spurs. He's a strange dude and I have no idea why you would leave Pop. But LeBron ushered in an era for better or worse where you hop teams and bring in other stars to win. It's not a good nor a bad thing, necessarily, it just is. I only cared that he went to the Lakers because I hate the Lakers.

Did I ask these questions before the year started? No. I don't think so. But also this team had the strangest season--they played with each other far less than most excellent teams, and that had to play a roll in their disappointments. Honestly, some of the fit issues are similar to the Wade-LeBron year 1 fit, and they just didn't have lots of time on the court together.

If the Clips had played the Lakers this year, I wouldn't have been surprised if they beat the Lakers in the WCF. I mean, I think a lot about how the 2008 Celtics stunk in the playoffs, mostly, until it clicked, or how LeBron-Wade-Bosh bombed in the Finals despite obviously having the better team in 2011. They are far more talented top to bottom than the Lakers. But my point is mostly about the brilliance of LeBron.

That said, I think they better win this year or get some better vets. It's not like Davis has a great track record of health and LeBron is getting old, and there are a number of teams in the West--including the Clips--that will be better next year. LeBron is amazing, but there's only so many more chances he's going to get.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
....who believes the celts have a chance tonite?

I do. Still think they can win the series. They have the better team, but damn if Herro hasn’t changed the series completely. Plus Bam shows that Williams needs to play more. Let’s see if Stevens adjusts.

If Langford can’t become a SG who can play even a few minutes they need to get a shooter.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I will always respect that Kawhi did not pick the easy Durant route and join the Lakers. Still, the clippers were clearly over rated by everyone. The lakers look poised to run the table multiple years. Maybe Lebron gets the magic number 6 and good for him. He is clearly the best player in the NBA (at 36) and it seems the second best player is on his team. Did not think AD was so good and clutch.
Kawhi would have probably opted for the Lakers if Lebron wasn't there - he would love to play with Davis
I don't think Kawhi and Lebron trade Xmas cards

Reaction Score
Paul George is a top 8 player in the League, until the playoffs begin. Kawhi is great, but he isn't a natural leader. Swap "Day Off" P for Jimmy Butler and the Clippers would be virtually unbeatable.....until they ran into LeBron.

Reaction Score
Not sure why Marcus Smart has such a green light on a team with Tatum, Jaylen, Kemba, and Hayward. But it’s hurt the Celtics this series.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Paul George is a top 8 player in the League, until the playoffs begin. Kawhi is great, but he isn't a natural leader. Swap "Day Off" P for Jimmy Butler and the Clippers would be virtually unbeatable.....until they ran into LeBron.

Kawhi is a great player but I imagine it must get tough on teammates when you show as little emotion as he does

Reaction Score
Not sure why Marcus Smart has such a green light on a team with Tatum, Jaylen, Kemba, and Hayward. But it’s hurt the Celtics this series.

marcus smart believes he’s the best player in the nba. So delusional but it’s also helped him in his career. He has hurt the Celtics in this series with his shot selection and costly turnovers. He could also make extremely clutch plays to win a game

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Celtics missing bunnies left and right. Heat making everything.

Reaction Score
If Grant Williams develops a 3ball he's gonna be a high end role player

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
If Grant Williams develops a 3ball he's gonna be a high end role player

Like draymond green lite

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Adebayo is everything I was hoping Drummond would be

Drummond never had that playmaking.