OT: - NBA Playoffs | Page 26 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I never go full conspiracy theory but officiating like last night's makes it easy for your mind to wander in that direction. A DEN/MIA Finals would be a ratings disaster, especially in the middle of football season. The NBA needs LeBron & the Lakers in there. Connect the dots...

Reaction Score
Anyone else here love college basketball but have zero interest in the NBA? I grew up a Sixers fan and when they traded Charles Barkley, that was it. No interest since.
NBA is unwatchable. I'd rather watch Radford play Howard than watch an NBA game.

Reaction Score
I never go full conspiracy theory but officiating like last night's makes it easy for your mind to wander in that direction. A DEN/MIA Finals would be a ratings disaster, especially in the middle of football season. The NBA needs LeBron & the Lakers in there. Connect the dots...

I don't think it's much of a conspiracy theory TBH. Tim Donaghy wasn't THAT long ago.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I don't think it's much of a conspiracy theory TBH. Tim Donaghy wasn't THAT long ago.

Tim wasn’t the only one.

Fans were just ignorant enough to believe the nbas bs claims that he was a rogue official.

Reaction Score
NBA is unwatchable. I'd rather watch Radford play Howard than watch an NBA game.

give it a shot. I’m not sure when you last watched the NBA heavily, but the quality of play is great, the talent is amazing and the style is generally fun (with the exception of a couple teams). The nba in the late 90s early to mid 2000s was kind of rough To watch because of the bad spacing and shooting but it’s much better now.

Reaction Score
Sir Charles and Shaq are getting a lot of hate on twitter. I think Kenny Smiths walk out had to with him avoiding getting into an argument with Chuck. I can sense Charles and Shaq have tried to hold back their thoughts being conservatives, Kenny and Ernie are wok.

Reaction Score
Oh boy this should be good

So what makes the NBA “unwatchable”?

I think it's all the talent, the exceptional athleticism, and the excitement of the games. Would much rather watch Penn State beat Wisconsin 41-36.

Denver got a tough break with some of those calls last night. Murray is so freaking fun to watch. Unreal that he's only 23.

Reaction Score
I think it's all the talent, the exceptional athleticism, and the excitement of the games. Would much rather watch Penn State beat Wisconsin 41-36.

it’s like the euroleague futball. the most boring games are the top tier teams. the junior league makes you appreciate the sport more.

can’t watch another 0-0 match

Reaction Score

Tim wasn’t the only one.

Fans were just ignorant enough to believe the nbas bs claims that he was a rogue official.

A ref getting in with the mob to cover spreads is a bit different than league-mandated directives on which teams should advance. But there's no doubt the league massages certain matchups.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
A ref getting in with the mob to cover spreads is a bit different than league-mandated directives on which teams should advance. But there's no doubt the league massages certain matchups.

Or deciding what team wins the title.

Like game 7 2010

Reaction Score
Kanter 2 quick buckets but the Heat scored every possession he was in the game except one (nice steal by the guards), including a couple offensive rebounds.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Kanter 2 quick buckets but the Heat scored every possession he was in the game except one (nice steal by the guards), including a couple offensive rebounds.

Kanter 3 for 3 and helped deserves an assist on Wanamaker's basket because Adebayo couldn't help off him.

Smart may be the most overrated player in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Kanter 3 for 3 and helped deserves an assist on Wanamaker's basket because Adebayo couldn't help off him.

Smart may be the most overrated player in the NBA.

Team D has been better after the timeout and yeah Kanter has gotten another bucket and provided some lane gravity.

More fire from the team in general these last few minutes.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Team D has been better after the timeout and yeah Kanter has gotten another bucket and provided some lane gravity.

More fire from the team in general these last few minutes.

The Celtics are a bad defensive team without Kanter on the court., and Kanter makes them look worse because he crashes the offensive board every time so that is one less person to get back on defense. Getting back in transition is not a Celtics' strength.

The Heat can't switch on the PnR's with Kanter on the floor, leaving the outside shooters wide open.

Reaction Score
Too many reviews on fouls, they're turning this into the college game with all of this bs

Reaction Score
If Kanter is gonna miss point black shots at the rim then he's of no use out there

Reaction Score
The Celtics are a bad defensive team without Kanter on the court., and Kanter makes them look worse because he crashes the offensive board every time so that is one less person to get back on defense. Getting back in transition is not a Celtics' strength.

The Heat can't switch on the PnR's with Kanter on the floor, leaving the outside shooters wide open.
What?? Celtics were one of the best defensive teams in the league all year and had the best defensive rating in the bubble after the Toronto series.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
This team is frustrating to watch, but they can be REALLY dangerous the next 2 years regardless of this season’s outcome.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What?? Celtics were one of the best defensive teams in the league all year and had the best defensive rating in the bubble after the Toronto series.

That's right. The Celtics are winning this series 3-1. I forgot.

Reaction Score
I mean that doesn’t offer much of a rebuttal to the defensive point, but alright.
If you want to go down that road, the Celtics had won like 75% of the minutes in the series and had blown big leads in each of the first 2 games. The series could easily be 3-1 in Boston’s favor.

I’m not saying it should be, but it very well could be

Reaction Score

If you want to say the Heat are carving them up, that's one thing (it's not really true, but okay, Heat have shot less than 45% the last 3 games). But to say they're a bad defensive team in general is just being controversial for nobody's sake.

Celtics have been worse on offense than defense. That's why they're down 3-1. You don't commit 20 turnovers per game on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom