OT: - NBA Playoffs | Page 18 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Toronto series could have taken a toll, that was not an easy victory, and now Miami.

Perhaps going forward Boston will rest and regroup.

Reaction Score
I just thought it was weird the announcers brought Doncic up out of nowhere a couple of times during the game to compare him to Tatum when their games are nothing alike and everyone knows Doncic is better. They made it sound like they would take Tatum over Doncic. No offence to Tatum who is a young star, just thought it was weird.

Reaction Score
Kemba is still playing tentative and scared of the big moment right now. He is deferring too much to Tatum. He needs to be the guy right now with Tatum and Brown being the complementary stars.

Tatum doesn't have the leadership skills yet.

Reaction Score
Tatum lost the game for them. Very bad decision making at the end of regulation and in overtime. I also thought the officiating in the 4th quarter was questionable.

Reaction Score
Murray with 20 in the second quarter to put the Nuggets down 2 at half. Doc must be sweating.

Reaction Score
When people (the broadcasters) run their mouth and say hes better then Doncic this is what happens.

i watched the entire
Kemba is still playing tentative and scared of the big moment right now. He is deferring too much to Tatum. He needs to be the guy right now with Tatum and Brown being the complementary stars.

Tatum doesn't have the leadership skills yet.
exactly, that s on brad stevens. it’s like fiba all over again

Reaction Score
"I'm just playing terrible, to be honest," Walker said after finishing with 19 points on 6-for-19 shooting, including 1-for-9 from 3-point range, in Boston's 117-114 overtime loss to the Miami Heat. "Not much I can say, but, I have to be better. I have to do better for this team on both ends of the floor. I have to make better decisions. I just have to make shots overall."

Reaction Score
Playoff P? Hahahahahahahaha better luck next year George Paul! Hope you and The Claw have a safe flight home!

Reaction Score
I am not rooting for it, but I agree. I don't see how he survives if they lose. And they will be the most coveted job in years.
I like Doc but only coach ever to lose 3 series up 3-1. They were the favorites for most people to win it all and the Nuggets just dismantled them. Clippers look totally out of synch with no adjustments.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Kawai's sterling reputation will take a big hit. Paul George was never thought of the way Kawai was.

Jokic and Murray are unreal. My greatest respect for Denver and their superstars.

Reaction Score
The story is gonna be about the Clipper.
Doc getting fired, Kawhi not showing up like the current challenger to the throne is supposed to, and Pandemic P being a playoff dog but all props to the Nuggets...Jokic is special and Murray is an absolute scoring machine.

Reaction Score
9146E2AB-5284-4AD0-B698-1E7A39964B2B.jpeg

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Denver with better coaching would be the favorite to win it all.
With Jokic and Murray running their 2 man game like Einstein, who needs a coach getting in the way.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Tatum just takes the toughest shot possible like half the time. It’s so aggravating.

That's his main issue right now. Kemba is their engine, but clearly Tatum is the best scorer they have. There could have been 20 times he went to the rack and either pulled up or gone at the basket ... he did it finally on the last play and hey, Bam made an ALL-TIME great play. But if he did that a few other times rather than 33 foot step backs, they could have finished the Heat off in the 4th.

Overall, Kemba is playing terrible and he knows that, everyone knows that ... I haven't lost confidence, he just needs to get going a bit. But he at least is in a good position as PG/creator to get his other guys (i.e. Smart) involved. They're trapping / hard hedging him so when they do that, he SHOULD be kicking to other guys, which he is. He just needs to get to the midrange / rim on times when it's there.

The Celtics still closed out the Raptors and had the Heat beat multiple times with their engine playing poorly. If he starts getting back to "normal" they'll be ok this series. But it's the ECF, it won't be easy regardless. The Heat have ballers and Jimmy's guts and toughness are something Tatum/Brown need to and will learn ultimately. Most guys at 22 or 24 don't quite have that yet.

Also, Hayward being there and healthy would be huge. I still am confident they can win this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom