OT: - NBA Playoffs | Page 14 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tatum and Brown do way too much at times, so many possessions they throw up wild ass shots or try to dribble thru traffic
Tatum takes so many difficult shots. It’s a highlight when he makes them, but it’s so inefficient. Brown and Smart need to hit some 3’s. And Kemba needs to just contribute something, because that would be more than he currently is.

Reaction Score
Tatum and Brown do way too much at times, so many possessions they throw up wild ass shots or try to dribble thru traffic
Tatum has at least 3 times now thrown up a wild shot expecting a foul when no foul was going to be called... luckily one of em went in...the other 2 just looked ridiculous

Reaction Score
All true, except I'd say I didn't mention big game experience ... and they don't exactly have gobs of big time game 7s under their belt. It's all relative.

Those guys aren't quite ready to take control of a team, and Kemba is regardless of his garbage teams in Charlotte. They play well when he plays well, I think that's pretty clear, so he needs to be the engine, the guy that makes that offense tick.

Hard to remember that Tatum and Brown are just 22 and 23. Smart is only 26 too. I really hope they keep that core together. These guys won't even be in their prime for 3 or 4 years.

And we need to draft better. I'm not sure we've drafted a contributing player other than potentially Robert Williams in years. G Williams, Langford, Semi, Edwards look like busts to me.

Reaction Score
Marcus Smart does not wanna go fishing tonight, Kemba keep on shooting.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Hard to remember that Tatum and Brown are just 22 and 23. Smart is only 26 too. I really hope they keep that core together. These guys won't even be in their prime for 3 or 4 years.

And we need to draft better. I'm not sure we've drafted a contributing player other than potentially Robert Williams in years. G Williams, Langford, Semi, Edwards look like busts to me.

I was hoping Langford was a gamble that his injured hand was the reason he couldn’t shoot.

But those guys could still be moved. Their salaries plus the French bum can still take on a big salary.

In the draft this year I swing big.

Poku at 14. He’s a stash though.

You still got 2 late firsts and a second to find contributors.

Really want Paul reed in round 2.

This team needs to get more shooting. Stretch 4 is probably the best fit but there are other options too.

Reaction Score
Celtics pretty lucky to be up at the half. They haven't been very good. But either has Toronto.

Is there a worse finishing big man than Theis? I swear he can't make a shot besides dunks and an occasional three.

Reaction Score
this is anybody’s game. but i think the winner moves to nba finals

Reaction Score
Lowry appears to be pacing himself, Celtics gotta be prepared for him trying to put the Raptors on his back in the 2nd half

Reaction Score
I was hoping Langford was a gamble that his injured hand was the reason he couldn’t shoot.

But those guys could still be moved. Their salaries plus the French bum can still take on a big salary.

In the draft this year I swing big.

Poku at 14. He’s a stash though.

You still got 2 late firsts and a second to find contributors.

Really want Paul reed in round 2.

This team needs to get more shooting. Stretch 4 is probably the best fit but there are other options too.

I like Cole Anthony in this draft as a Wannamaker replacement if available. He is an electric player when he's hot. He was dealt a tough hand at UNC this year.. but that finishing ability is BAD. I think his score-first mentality as a guard compliments Brad's egalitarian style. We dont really need a traditional PG.

Also like Kira Lewis. He's only 19 until December I believe. Younger than most freshman prospects despite 2 years in college. Shoots well. Really quick. The TOs are the big concern.

Not sold on Poku. He is super soft and has a terrible frame. Bad decision making in a bad league. But he COULD end up an all star. So if you want to swing big he's your man.

I also like Bey. Decent enough as ballhandler and defender. He'll struggle athletically but I think he's passable. Hard for me to think of turning down a 6'7 volume 45% shooter.

Wouldn't mind precious as a Theis protege either. He could be fine as an athletic finisher and defender. If the staff thinks they could get him to 35% on catch n shoots in 2 years it would be worth it.

Reaction Score
Kemba going 0-2 from the line and then pulls the string on a wide open floater, brutal

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I like Cole Anthony in this draft as a Wannamaker replacement if available. He is an electric player when he's hot. He was dealt a tough hand at UNC this year.. but that finishing ability is BAD. I think his score-first mentality as a guard compliments Brad's egalitarian style. We dont really need a traditional PG.

Also like Kira Lewis. He's only 19 until December I believe. Younger than most freshman prospects despite 2 years in college. Shoots well. Really quick. The TOs are the big concern.

Not sold on Poku. He is super soft and has a terrible frame. Bad decision making in a bad league. But he COULD end up an all star. So if you want to swing big he's your man.

I also like Bey. Decent enough as ballhandler and defender. He'll struggle athletically but I think he's passable. Hard for me to think of turning down a 6'7 volume 45% shooter.

Wouldn't mind precious as a Theis protege either. He could be fine as an athletic finisher and defender. If the staff thinks they could get him to 35% on catch n shoots in 2 years it would be worth it.
Draft is full of great role player potential. I forgot to mention bey in my favorite prospects list before. He's gonna play 12 years and start a lot of games in the modern NBA.

Reaction Score
it’s brad stevens vs the name nick nurse at this point

amazing talent in boston but it’s the champs

Reaction Score
Taking a lot of mid-range shots maybe isn't ideal long-term, but they still have huge value in late game situations against tough defenses and probably always will. Kemba can't hit anything from three and gets swallowed at the rim, but you still get the sense he can get to his spot and drill that pull-up whenever he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom