OT- NBA playoffs Lillard | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT- NBA playoffs Lillard

Reaction Score
This is amazing. High level shots even while gassed. Pulling for Portland big time. CJ is the best off balance mid range guy in the game.
I'm a big McCollum fan. He doesn't ever get talked about and he's an awesome player, old man game.

Reaction Score
Murray is great but he has his head up his arse sometimes. Somehow going to a 4th overtime.

Reaction Score
What is Murray doing? Good Lord. Only 4.5 seconds but not attacking Kanter is brutal.

Reaction Score
I know it's off Murray but that's one of the things I hate about replay. That happens a bunch of times during the game where a defender reaches in and touches the ball. It's almost automatically last gonna graze the ballhandler's hand.

Reaction Score

Attachments

• D5s7TPRWAAE2uXX.jpeg
    D5s7TPRWAAE2uXX.jpeg
    43.3 KB · Views: 19

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If hero ball was so great, Celtics would have beaten the Bucks last night.

Reaction Score
Round 3 -
Jokic - 33/18/14/1/2 with 8 TOs and 4 of 7 from 3.
Lillard - 28/6/8/2/0 with 2TOs and 2 of 9 from 3.

ROUND 3 - JOKIC!

FIGHT!

Reaction Score
"put an end to only the second four-overtime game in NBA playoff history."

"Start with Denver's Nikola Jokic, who played 64 minutes, 58 seconds, the fourth-most minutes in a playoff game."

"There has never been a five-overtime NBA playoff game. "

The above quotes are from the following article.
Blazers prevail in historic 4OT 'battle of attrition'

But I don't get it, wouldn't that be the most minutes ever played in an nba playoff game if there was no 5 OT games ever played as the third quote states and only the second 4oT game as the first quote says?? If he played all but 3 minutes in a 4OT game how can that only be 4th most minutes played or at the very least second most?

edit: I see now, poor job by espn a little bit. They should have included a graphic, a small table with the players from the 1953 game along with the next few players, maybe a top 10 most minutes played in an nba playoff game or something.

According to this, that easily puts him at #1, three minutes above the second place amount for MP in a playoff game.
NBA Single Game Playoff Leaders and Records for Minutes Played | Basketball-Reference.com

This one is from a regular season, 5OT game in 1989, Ellis played 69 minutes! That is the regular season record, nuts. Just missed 4 minutes.
Seattle SuperSonics at Milwaukee Bucks Box Score, November 9, 1989 | Basketball-Reference.com

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Round 3 -
Jokic - 33/18/14/1/2 with 8 TOs and 4 of 7 from 3.
Lillard - 28/6/8/2/0 with 2TOs and 2 of 9 from 3.

ROUND 3 - JOKIC!

FIGHT!

Yeah, huge win for Jokic last night. Squad must be thrilled.

Reaction Score
You have to feel great for Rodney Hood, regardless of his college affiliation. He is a guy who deals with anxiety issues and extreme pre-game jitters which have affected his play at times. His confidence must be sky high after that performance. I imagine there will be a piece written on him today, if there hasn't been already.

Reaction Score
Curry just had one of the most pathetic performances I've seen, I had him at 7 or 8 missed layups since I've been watching, including getting rejected by the bottom of the rim on a wide open feeble dunk attempt to end the game.

Reaction Score
Curry just had one of the most pathetic performances I've seen, I had him at 7 or 8 missed layups since I've been watching, including getting rejected by the bottom of the rim on a wide open feeble dunk attempt to end the game.

There was what, 10-15 seconds left when he had that embarrassing missed dunk that would cut it to 3? Nice little schadenfreude opportunity for me. I used to love Curry and the Warriors pre KD and now I am pulling for the Rockets in a huge way. And I can't stand the Rockets. Success breeds contempt and I am a shining example.

Reaction Score
There was what, 10-15 seconds left when he had that embarrassing missed dunk that would cut it to 3? Nice little schadenfreude opportunity for me. I used to love Curry and the Warriors pre KD and now I am pulling for the Rockets in a huge way. And I can't stand the Rockets. Success breeds contempt and I am a shining example.
I don't like the Warriors like I used to but still pulling for them. I could never root for Harden and especially Chrissy.

Reaction Score
"put an end to only the second four-overtime game in NBA playoff history."

"Start with Denver's Nikola Jokic, who played 64 minutes, 58 seconds, the fourth-most minutes in a playoff game."

"There has never been a five-overtime NBA playoff game. "

The above quotes are from the following article.
Blazers prevail in historic 4OT 'battle of attrition'

But I don't get it, wouldn't that be the most minutes ever played in an nba playoff game if there was no 5 OT games ever played as the third quote states and only the second 4oT game as the first quote says?? If he played all but 3 minutes in a 4OT game how can that only be 4th most minutes played or at the very least second most?

edit: I see now, poor job by espn a little bit. They should have included a graphic, a small table with the players from the 1953 game along with the next few players, maybe a top 10 most minutes played in an nba playoff game or something.

According to this, that easily puts him at #1, three minutes above the second place amount for MP in a playoff game.
NBA Single Game Playoff Leaders and Records for Minutes Played | Basketball-Reference.com

This one is from a regular season, 5OT game in 1989, Ellis played 69 minutes! That is the regular season record, nuts. Just missed 4 minutes.
Seattle SuperSonics at Milwaukee Bucks Box Score, November 9, 1989 | Basketball-Reference.com
Ellis's teammate Xavier McDaniel played 68 minutes in that game. Slacker.

Reaction Score
If hero ball was so great, Celtics would have beaten the Bucks last night.

You are preposterously absurd. A last second shot might be different than a game. But you can only tell if you aren't a .

Reaction Score
You are preposterously absurd. A last second shot might be different than a game. But you can only tell if you aren't a .

@nelsonmuntz - Dog appears to think my take is so outrageous that he assumed you are straw-manning me. Doesn't look like I will win the battle for public opinion.

Reaction Score
Kawhi is so stupidly good now. Best player so far in the playoffs IMO, only KD can mount a strong argument. The Raptors have been my favorite team and Kawhi my favorite player for the past 3 or so years so it hurts to say that the Clippers are going to be phenomenal next year.

Reaction Score
Kawhi is so stupidly good now. Best player so far in the playoffs IMO, only KD can mount a strong argument. The Raptors have been my favorite team and Kawhi my favorite player for the past 3 or so years so it hurts to say that the Clippers are going to be phenomenal next year.
He's awesome but Durant and Jokic have been better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom