NBA Playoffs 2023

why do you like the celtics?

• sixers

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • celtics

Votes: 65 82.3%

• Total voters

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just turned it on, 76ers got jobbed on their homecourt. Glad they won.

Tatum lolz.
You missed a lot if you are basing it on that play. Philly had a very friendly whistle most of the game. And Harden commits about a dozen offensive fouls every game and never gets called. Never seen anybody get away with the push offs he does.

Reaction Score
Philadelphia got "jobbed." This place is awesome.

Boston is so much better than Philadelphia but they have been absolutely terrible in key moments and we have a 2-2 series. Mazzulla has been . . . not great in end of game situations. Nothing like putting up the game winning three with 0.00 on the clock.

Reaction Score
You missed a lot if you are basing it on that play. Philly had a very friendly whistle most of the game. And Harden commits about a dozen offensive fouls every game and never gets called. Never seen anybody get away with the push offs he does.
I missed the entire game until the last 2 or 3 minutes of OT.

I used to like the Celtics but I really don't like this group. Smart and Grant Williams spend half the game on their backs for years now and always seem to get rewarded for it. Media has been hyping Tatum as the man for a while and he really never wants the moment. They certainly have the talent to win it all and probably should win it all but I don't like watching them. I don't like watching Philly either.

Reaction Score
Tatum should have taken a mid range jumper or at least put something up in traffic and hoped for a foul. He made his move late enough in the clock to know better than to do what he did. I expected the buzzer to go off right as he passed the ball to Smart. He’s gotta want the shot.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Philadelphia got "jobbed." This place is awesome.

Boston is so much better than Philadelphia but they have been absolutely terrible in key moments and we have a 2-2 series. Mazzulla has been . . . not great in end of game situations. Nothing like putting up the game winning three with 0.00 on th
Are you saying that’s Mazzula’s fault?

Reaction Score
And Harden commits about a dozen offensive fouls every game and never gets called. Never seen anybody get away with the push offs he does.
The Tatum 3 at the end of OT ?

Reaction Score
Jokic averaged 42 points, 11 rebs, and 14 assists the last two games and they lost both of them. Crazy
And if they lose this series people will be questioning his playoff resume and 2 MVPs.

Reaction Score
Tatum should have taken a mid range jumper or at least put something up in traffic and hoped for a foul. He made his move late enough in the clock to know better than to do what he did. I expected the buzzer to go off right as he passed the ball to Smart. He’s gotta want the shot.
Tatum made the right hoops play. That’s how they play. He went too late, which is smart’s and Mazulla’s fault.

I guess you want Tatum to not pass it to a capable wide open shooter? Smart nailed the shot the second time too. It was just late.

Hindsight is he shoots it because of time. But he doesn’t know the clock is that deep.

Jordan passed to Paxson, Kerr and Armstrong. Bird passed to Ainge and DJ. Shaq passed to Robert Horry.

You must make the right basketball play. Timing was off because the coach blew it.

Reaction Score
I missed the entire game until the last 2 or 3 minutes of OT.

I used to like the Celtics but I really don't like this group. Smart and Grant Williams spend half the game on their backs for years now and always seem to get rewarded for it. Media has been hyping Tatum as the man for a while and he really never wants the moment. They certainly have the talent to win it all and probably should win it all but I don't like watching them. I don't like watching Philly either.
Tatum had a nightmare first half, finished with 24 points, 18 rebounds, 6 assists and two blocks.

Not his fault Brown cheated off Harden, or that Mazulla left two timeouts on table.

Reaction Score
Tatum made the right hoops play. That’s how they play. He went too late, which is smart’s and Mazulla’s fault.

I guess you want Tatum to not pass it to a capable wide open shooter? Smart nailed the shot the second time too. It was just late.

Hindsight is he shoots it because of time. But he doesn’t know the clock is that deep.

Jordan passed to Paxson, Kerr and Armstrong. Bird passed to Ainge and DJ. Shaq passed to Robert Horry.

You must make the right basketball play. Timing was off because the coach blew it.

The fact that he went too late makes it the wrong play…

Reaction Score

Wow, the right basketball play.

They didn't even get a shot off because of Tatum and it's certainly not the first time that's happened.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Are you asking me if I think it’s Mazzulla’s fault that Philadelphia scored with 18 seconds left on the game clock, Mazzulla did not call a timeout, and Boston didn’t get a shot off before time ran out?

In college, I don’t like calling a timeout in that situation because I think stopping play and setting up helps the defense more than the offense. I think it is close to 50/50 in the pros, so I still have no problem with teams like the Celtics that play it out in that situation.

Reaction Score
Celts fans are funny. You complain about whistles even though, again, u got fewer. Then u complain about push off when Tatum literally throws maxey to floor to hit late 3. Do u watch the game or just whine about everything that doesn’t go your way?

Reaction Score
Not so sure the Warriors advance after that beatdown in game 3 but can someone, anyone please just take down the Lakers, FFS.

Reaction Score
Celts fans are funny. You complain about whistles even though, again, u got fewer. Then u complain about push off when Tatum literally throws maxey to floor to hit late 3. Do u watch the game or just whine about everything that doesn’t go your way?
It’s the whining culture Johnny Most and Tommy Heinsohn created.

Reaction Score
Are you asking me if I think it’s Mazzulla’s fault that Philadelphia scored with 18 seconds left on the game clock, Mazzulla did not call a timeout, and Boston didn’t get a shot off before time ran out?

I don't think it was an issue to not call the timeout. You have Tatum and Brown on the floor. Let's be honest the final play was going to be one of those 2 goes iso, whether they used the TO or not..

The first issue was that Tatum started his move 45 feet from the hoop with 5 seconds left, even though there was no ball pressure the entire way up the court and he got the ball with around 7. Tatum got Maxey on him on the switch. Even got past him and turned the corner. Everything went right, except that instead of hitting the open guy on the double (White) or taking the shot once he was in the lane (Embiid was still rotating over), he took that extra dribble, found himself 1v3 under the hoop, and whipped a 28 foot pass with 1 second left

I think that one is 90% on Tatum, and 10% on Smart for not getting Tatum the ball until 7s left

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The Tatum 3 at the end of OT ?
Yes. Was a foul. But Philly wasn't "jobbed" based on that, since Harden does something similar a dozen times a game with no call. The refs were very favorable for Philly overall in that game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom