OT: - NBA Play-in Games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Play-in Games

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
He flops 20x a game on both ends. Acts like he was murdered every time he goes to the ground. Whines to the refs after every call. He’s soft as hell.

I actually agree with all that except the conclusion. I don’t think that makes him soft, he’s not a soft player.

That acting goes back a long time in the game but it’s almost every player nowadays.

Rodman used to do it constantly, he was the opposite of soft.

Annoying, yes.

Reaction Score
Draymond so overrated as a player... lost this game with his poor decision making
His ability to score has fallen off of a cliff and he had some poor turnovers last night(him & Steph) but his defense is so incredible that its impossible to overrate him. Dude was blowing the Lakers pick & roll action to bits last night. The Warriors just need one more quality starter to take the pressure off of Steph offensively so that the Warriors can make defenses pay when he's double and triple teamed, a healthy Klay and they would still be a contender.

Reaction Score
That was a great basketball game. Anyone bitching about LeBron or Draymond needs to get some perspective and just enjoy sports. Even exceptionally athletic Humans have flaws, makes it more interesting when they succeed and when they fail.

Reaction Score
He flops 20x a game on both ends. Acts like he was murdered every time he goes to the ground. Whines to the refs after every call. He’s soft as hell.
Have you ever gotten poked in the eye? The eye is a prrrrrettty sensitive and unprotected part of the body. And it was a hard foul. God damn I get he embellishes but I swear he could get literally cut in half on the court and people would say “Jordan would’ve finished the game, LeFlop back at it” it’s so tiresome.

Reaction Score
I don’t agree with either of these posts whatsoever... but I tell ya, Lebron is annoying when he gets “fouled hard.”

The dude is NOT soft, but he’s absolutely an A-list actor with his gyrations and laying on the ground for 10 minutes. Especially when replays show the extent of the fouls.

Draymond generally makes the right decisions on those 4-3s after the Steph trap, as Van Gundy noted.

Also worth mentioning, JVG referenced using Curry as a decoy on the last play knowing the Lakers aren’t going to let him get a clean look. After the screens, Wiggins was WIDE open on the pop in the corner but the passer went to Curry.
Draymond had 0 points in 41 min , 6 turnovers and can’t get out of his own way. Too overhyped as a player and we seen that last year by himself he did absolutely zero when everyone was hurt. His bark is more than his bite.

Reaction Score
Draymond had 0 points in 41 min , 6 turnovers and can’t get out of his own way. Too overhyped as a player and we seen that last year by himself he did absolutely zero when everyone was hurt. His bark is more than his bite.
It’s kinda weird that you’re ignoring that Draymond is arguably the best playmaking big in the NBA other than Jokic. Even last night he had 8 assists. By my count he had 24 games of 10+ assists this regular season.

30 of 30 NBA teams would love to have somebody as good defensively and as good of a playmaker as Draymond Green is.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
It’s kinda weird that you’re ignoring that Draymond is arguably the best playmaking big in the NBA other than Jokic. Even last night he had 8 assists. By my count he had 24 games of 10+ assists this regular season.

30 of 30 NBA teams would love to have somebody as good defensively and as good of a playmaker as Draymond Green is.

Thank you.

The guys never been a primary scorer. Pretending he’s a terrible decision maker who “can’t get out of his own way” because he had a few bad turnovers this game is disingenuous at best.

Reaction Score
Have you ever gotten poked in the eye? The eye is a prrrrrettty sensitive and unprotected part of the body. And it was a hard foul. God damn I get he embellishes but I swear he could get literally cut in half on the court and people would say “Jordan would’ve finished the game, LeFlop back at it” it’s so tiresome.
I don’t think people hate Lebron as much as they just have this deep devotional love to MJ (pretty weird if you ask me) and they denigrate LBJ as a proxy way of performing their compulsive MJ worship

Reaction Score
I don’t think people hate Lebron as much as they just have this deep devotional love to MJ (pretty weird if you ask me) and they denigrate LBJ as a proxy way of performing their compulsive MJ worship
But their love for MJ leads to the outright hate of LeBron. They go together. It’s not just a comparison anymore.

Reaction Score

If you actually watch the game his assists are handoffs to the most lethal shooter in the history of basketball. And if it’s not a handoff he gets going downhill by himself bc Curry is double teamed. Where was this crazy playmaking ability last year without Curry? His offensive ability is too overhyped. He’s a very poor decision maker.

Reaction Score
Thank you.

The guys never been a primary scorer. Pretending he’s a terrible decision maker who “can’t get out of his own way” because he had a few bad turnovers this game is disingenuous at best.
Can’t get out of his own way means he can’t shut up. Had a tech called on him again. You can play hard without hurting your team and being a fool in a tournament game!!

Reaction Score
I loved watching Michael Jordan play and I know he's the goat. That doesn't stop me one bit from appreciating LeBron and rooting for him at times, especially when Ray was on his team. Again I don't get this; if you like Jordan you like basketball, if you like basketball how can you not like the most successful guy playing basketball over the past 18yrs?!

I was struck last night by how much more enjoyable it was to watch a whole game of Curry complete with struggles and overcoming defense vs just seeing his highlights. Similarly LeBron looked very rusty in the first half and to watch him will himself to victory in the 2nd was absolutely enthralling to watch. You really have to see these guys live and over a full game to appreciate & understand the degree of difficulty and the talent.

Nonetheless, I can get surly on the internet with LeBron lovers that never saw Jordan and it might be those folks inspiring insanity by asserting the guy they've seen & admire is better than a guy they never saw. Folks can weigh in, but you really need to have seen the games and witnessed the moments to compare. So for example I've had similar & over-the-top beef with folks that think peak Tyson is better than Ali. None of those were around in the late 60s (I wasn't either) or early 70's to truly witness the greatest OF ALL TIME!!!!!!

Reaction Score
If you actually watch the game his assists are handoffs to the most lethal shooter in the history of basketball. And if it’s not a handoff he gets going downhill by himself bc Curry is double teamed. Where was this crazy playmaking ability last year without Curry? His offensive ability is too overhyped. He’s a very poor decision maker.
Draymond only played 43 games last year but still averaged just over 6 assists which would’ve been good for 20th in the league and 2nd most for a center behind Jokic.

But you know this since you actually watched the games.

Reaction Score
Draymond is definitely a hell of a playmaker for a big guy. And the truly crazy thing is that's he smaller than Lebron, who's a better one. That's not a knock on Draymond, it's just another reason why Lebron is such a freak in year 18 of his career.
Jokic is significantly bigger than both of them and a better playmaker than both of them IMO, which is pretty freaky.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
That's a wild number for a 10pm start on cable.

i think when you don’t have to commute you are able to stay up a bit later for games

Reaction Score
Draymond only played 43 games last year but still averaged just over 6 assists which would’ve been good for 20th in the league and 2nd most for a center behind Jokic.

But you know this since you actually watched the games.
Averaged 8pts 38% FG for a front court player last year as a main option on the team. They run a triangle offense through him which he will get his assists (mostly handoffs) just like any other player. Not going to cut it if we have to talk about Draymond’s greatness. Like I said he is way overrated. He just has a big mouth that gives him attention.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom