NBA Free Agency | Page 4 | The Boneyard

NBA Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
$50MM for Tyler Johnson...friggin' Nets. We pry Sean Marks from one of the most successful front offices in the entire league and he's making me wish Billy King were still around. Unbelievable.
Nets are having one of the best offseasons of any team. Marks has made a ton of good moves this offseason. The Lin, Booker, and Johnson deals are all good moves

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
MKG will return for the Hornets this year, and people will finally realize he isn't very good frankly. We haven't been able to until now because the guy is always hurt.

caw

Reaction Score
MKG will return for the Hornets this year, and people will finally realize he isn't very good frankly. We haven't been able to until now because the guy is always hurt.

But when he has played he has been more than solid. He's also still only like 22 this year. Or the same age as Buddy Hield.

Reaction Score
he was their most important player in 2014-2015, should he have been selected #2 over AD, no, but if they have him vs the Heat they win that series imo(I would argue they finish higher than 6th if they had him all year). MKG is very solid player and one of the best wing defenders, he's not a bad player at all.

Reaction Score
I like the Hornets defensively and what they can do with versatility at the wing but where are the points going to come from? No matter how you feel about Lin and Jefferson, they both can put the ball through the hoop.

It's a fair question but I don't think Lin and Jefferson were the answers. Jefferson is a pretty inefficient offensive player who is hard to build around. Lin is a nice punch off the bench, but ideally, you would hope that somebody like Lamb can step in and replicate that kind of production. If he can't, there are always those sort of guys on the market.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
If you guys were the Celtics, would you rather sign Howard at 3yrs $70.5 million or Al Horford for 4 yrs $113 million?

Reaction Score
It's a fair question but I don't think Lin and Jefferson were the answers. Jefferson is a pretty inefficient offensive player who is hard to build around. Lin is a nice punch off the bench, but ideally, you would hope that somebody like Lamb can step in and replicate that kind of production. If he can't, there are always those sort of guys on the market.
The SG's in the league currently are just not that good. After harden and klay Thompson there's a bit of a drop off (and harden plays 0 defense). Guys like Beal, derozan, Wade, Butler and maybe McCollum are on the next level, but then it's just everybody else

Reaction Score
I like the Hornets defensively and what they can do with versatility at the wing but where are the points going to come from? No matter how you feel about Lin and Jefferson, they both can put the ball through the hoop.
Getting Sessions today is a nice pickup for them at backup PG to replace Lin, as long as Kemba/Batum/MKG stay healthy I think they will be just as good as last year.

Reaction Score
Seems like there is some Wade to Cleveland steam picking up. Anybody know how this would work with their cap?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'd take Horford every time, I feel like he fits that team perfectly

Agreed. It's not close. Horford is a much better player at this point of their careers and a better fit with the Celtics in any event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom