Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
whiteside meeting wit Mavs, followed by conley and batum

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Dwight Howard to the hawks for 4 yrs $99 million

Reaction Score
Not that it makes the viewing experience less enjoyable for me, but man, that system is broken, and the ones taking the biggest hit are the best players.

Reaction Score
Mosgov to the Lakers 4 years, $65 mil!!!! What are they thinking? He looked decent in the 2015 finals but to give a guy who barely played in the finals this year over 16 million a year is insane. Lakers could have a bright future ahead, though. Russell, Clarkson, Randle, and now Brandon Ingram.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
None of those have been confirmed, where are you getting this stuff?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Guys guys we've got it all wrong.

Celtics: we signed Dwight Howard!
Mavs: we singed Hassan Whiteside!
Pistons: we resigned Andre Drummond!
All: Sorry Lakers, looks like you struck out again

Lakers: Jokes on you guys, we got Timofey Mosgod.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
haha I kept looking/posting to the real, nba guys who said all this stuff... drummond is legit though
None of those have been confirmed, where are you getting this stuff?

Reaction Score
I'm seeing Whiteside staying in Miami, Noah likely to Knicks, Batum back to Hornets, DeRozan staying in Toronto this morning

Reaction Score
Not that it makes the viewing experience less enjoyable for me, but man, that system is broken, and the ones taking the biggest hit are the best players.
What do you mean? LeBron is slated to get $25MM-ish, sure he's worth more than that, but he earns 2 x salary annually. Most stars earn more in endorsements nowadays then pay (LeBron is 50MM+). So its hard to say something is broken for the best players when 1 year of earnings is enough for 10 grandchildren to each inherit $1MM.

So the money is silly* and with the salary cap jump almost every team can at least try to land 3 superstars. I think Cleveland might be the only team in the NBA with cap problems this year whereas typically its 75% of the league.

* That's what's broken if anything but that's all of sports and its been going on since Andy Messersmith in 1975 or whatever. Freakin' Hassan Whiteside signed a near $100MM contract! Better than even odds that either the money or his NBA utility are gone before the contract is.

Last edited:

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
LeBron has a lifetime deal with Nike probably worth up to a billion dollars. He'll be okay...

Reaction Score
Jeremy Lin out here making more money than Kemba Walker, wow
That's a great middle finger to the Knicks/Dolan. He's gotta be super motivated to bring back Linsanity and Brooklyn is the perfect place to hold that revival.

P.S. Kudos to the Nets as this is exactly what the Hinkie & Sixers crowd didn't do and don't get. Nets are hamstrung and going to stink, but at least they are making moves to try and ENTERTAIN their fans and put a halfway decent product out there. Now the situations are vastly different because the Nets are still bleeding draft picks (2017 & 2018 1sts - so there is no benefit if they stink), but they could turtle and spend no money while doing so - but fans would hold them accountable for this unlike the suckered Sixers fans.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
P.S. Kudos to the Nets as this is exactly what the Hinkie & Sixers crowd didn't do and don't get. Nets are hamstrung and going to stink, but at least they are making moves to try and ENTERTAIN their fans and put a halfway decent product out there. Now the situations are vastly different because the Nets are still bleeding draft picks (2017 & 2018 1sts - so there is no benefit if they stink), but they could turtle and spend no money while doing so - but fans would hold them accountable for this unlike the suckered Sixers fans.

Let's see who *competes for a championship first, okay?

Reaction Score
Let's see who wins a championship first, okay?
My point flew right over your head. Nets are clearly not winning a championship - but I'd still pay real money to go see a Nets game this coming season whereas you are an absolute sucker if you paid to see the Sixers at home ANY game the past 3 years and its open for debate if they are any better this year. Certainly not a playoff team. I don't doubt the Sixers have better championship odds in 2018 & beyond but that is not my point at all.
Sixers are tied (with Sacto) for 26th in the league at 250-1 championship odds, Nets are last at 1000-1, congrats!

Reaction Score
That's a great middle finger to the Knicks/Dolan. He's gotta be super motivated to bring back Linsanity and Brooklyn is the perfect place to hold that revival.

The Celtics have the right to swap first round picks in 2017 with the Nets, so they'll at least have a first round pick

Reaction Score
Lin signed for 3/36, Kemba's extension was for 4/48
Is that not a comparable contract ? Pardon my hyperbole I just watched every cha and know lins consistency wanes. I know , different cap, still though.

Reaction Score

Kind of a weird take considering you mention in your own post that the 2 situations are vastly different. Why would it make sense for the 2 teams to behave in the same way when their situations are vastly different?

Reaction Score
My point flew right over your head. Nets are clearly not winning a championship - but I'd still pay real money to go see a Nets game this coming season whereas you are an absolute sucker if you paid to see the Sixers at home ANY game the past 3 years and its open for debate if they are any better this year. Certainly not a playoff team. I don't doubt the Sixers have better championship odds in 2018 & beyond but that is not my point at all.
Sixers are tied (with Sacto) for 26th in the league at 250-1 championship odds, Nets are last at 1000-1, congrats!

No it didn't go over my head, I guess I should have expressly mentioned that if/when the Sixers are competitive again, especially if they become quite good, people will be fine with the tanking years. How much more entertained are you by winning 21 games instead of 10? You're willing to pay real money for 3 points of point differential per game as opposed to no money? Come on.

Sixers fans weren't forced to go to the games when they were tanking. But those same fans are going to be quite happy if/when they're competing, and it will be considered worth it. I know this, because it always is.

Having a logical plan to improve is so much better than supporting a team who mortgaged it's own future. Sixers were cupboard bare after making a decent move to try and get Andrew Bynum, whose health and desire imploded, a move made by Hinkie's predecessor.

A fan that is willing to pay money to go see a 30-52 for 5 years with no plan to improve, vs. not going for 3 years and then competing? Poll any fanbase, see which one they want.

Reaction Score
Kind of a weird take considering you mention in your own post that the 2 situations are vastly different. Why would it make sense for the 2 teams to behave in the same way when their situations are vastly different?
I dunno, because they are in the same entertainment business of basketball?

I.e. just cause The Color Purple isn't Hamilton and never will be, they shouldn't gouge their audience with the same ticket prices and spend time amassing resources to try to hire high priced talent to compete in the future.

My points on the Sixers are:
1. Tanking MIGHT work, but its not worth the collateral damage
a. You will lose your job - FACT
b. Culture of losing will have negative consequences - FACT
c. Totally dismisses the season ticket holders, ticket buying fans and fans of other teams paying for NBA level games.
2. Hinkie's strategy was based on the draft but he didn't draft well.
A. MCW - traded for a 1st rounder in 2017 or 2018 nolonger a started and that trade sacrificed 2.5yrs at least of NBA player - akin to lending money at 0 interest for 2.5yrs
B. Embiid - still hasn't played a minute, won't play in summer league
C. Noel - One dimensional defense, Celtics observed Sullinger had better PER
D. Okafor - casualty of culture and one-dimensional other way.
E. Look at players taken IMMEDIATELY after Sixers picks in last few drafts. 2013-Steven Adams after MCW, 2014 Aaron Gordon after Embiid, 2015-Porzingis after Okafor. I'd bet on Ingram for ROY but I'd have to root for a Dook guy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Is this sarcasm? Overpaying Jeremy Lin to get the Cap Floor is what Hinkie and the Sixers didn't get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom