NBA Finals Thread - Celtics vs Mavericks | Page 11 | The Boneyard

NBA Finals Thread - Celtics vs Mavericks

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It hasn't always been pretty but Tatum continuing to attack downhill is the right process, glad he's just not settling

Still takes some awful shots. He needs to keep attacking.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nice to win with your C+ game.

Concerned about KP. Can’t believe Joe left him for that long. Cost us at least 4 points.

The Unicorn can be on a severe minutes restriction and Tatum can suck tonight and it still doesn't matter. The Celtics looked like hot garbage for much of the game and still won comfortably with the margin around 10 points for much of the fourth quarter. There are too many weapons offensively and the Celtics are too good defensively for the Mavericks.

Digging deep to come up with criticisms of the Celtics, I got:

1) The Celtics need an 8th player that doesn't suck as bad as Hauser does on occasion. Someone on the bench has to be better than him.
2) Tatum is not an MVP caliber player and never will be. He is not in the same class as Giannis, Jokic, Kawhi, etc. He can not carry a team by himself. It won't matter this year though because the team is stacked.
3) This Celtics team is middle of the pack for Championship teams in the modern era, but the Mavericks look a lot more like a team that backdoored its way to 50 wins than one that is a legit challenger. The Mavericks just aren't that good, and this series kind of sucks as a result.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Good win - some ugly shooting for both teams it seemed. Luka got hot but role guys couldn’t knock down 3s.

I think it will be easier for Dallas to score at home, they could easily win a couple straight…but no question Jaylen’s length and their overall ball pressure and rim protection has been next level. Everything is difficult for Dallas, particularly their role guys.

Boston tends to have a stinker or two, and Dallas is going home. But Boston should feel good going up 2-0, they’re in control.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The Unicorn can be on a severe minutes restriction and Tatum can suck tonight and it still doesn't matter. The Celtics looked like hot garbage for much of the game and still won comfortably with the margin around 10 points for much of the fourth quarter. There are too many weapons offensively and the Celtics are too good defensively for the Mavericks.

1) The Celtics need an 8th player that doesn't suck as bad as Hauser does on occasion. Someone on the bench has to be better than him.
2) Tatum is not an MVP caliber player and never will be. He is not in the same class as Giannis, Jokic, Kawhi, etc. He can not carry a team by himself. It won't matter this year though because the team is stacked.
3) This Celtics team is middle of the pack for Championship teams in the modern era, but the Mavericks look a lot more like a team that backdoored its way to 50 wins than one that is a legit challenger. The Mavericks just aren't that good, and this series kind of sucks as a result.
I expect Jordan Walsh to crack the rotation next year. Taking some of those Hauser minutes. Hauser has played decent D, just can’t shoot for some reason. Walsh is very athletic and a very good defender, just raw offensively.

Reaction Score
Good win - some ugly shooting for both teams it seemed. Luka got hot but role guys couldn’t knock down 3s.
This is largely b/c we're only giving them wing and above the break 3s. First game they only took 3 corner 3s, this game they only generated 4.

Mazzulla's taken a lot of criticism, but his defensive scheme's been fantastic through two games.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
This is largely b/c we're only giving them wing and above the break 3s. First game they only took 3 corner 3s, this game they only generated 4.

Mazzulla's taken a lot of criticism, but his defensive scheme's been fantastic through two games.

It seems to my eye that just their ability to stay in front 1 on 1 limits those scramble kick out 3s that Dallas thrives on.

Great defensive execution overall the last 2 games.

I still don’t get why Milwaukee was so ready to give away Jrue.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Watching this game and still thinking Jrue and White are not plus defenders?
I actually didn’t watch the game. It’s my birthday weekend and I’m out of town but the box score says Jrue Holiday went off lol.

Celtics now 6-0 when JT shoots under 40%

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It seems to my eye that just their ability to stay in front 1 on 1 limits those scramble kick out 3s that Dallas thrives on.

Stevens killed it in the offseason. He may be the next Red Auerbach.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

Jrue is a much better 4th or 5th option than 2nd 3rd.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Agreed on 1 but Stevens was really limited financially. Not sure there is one.

Reaction Score
C's are too deep, talented and athletic. The only chance the Mavs have is if Porzingis cant go the rest of the series.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I think Hauser's a top 5 eighth man in the league. Maybe top 3.

He had a good season and a good series against Miami. But he gets a LOT of open looks from 3. And if he’s not hitting them he’s pretty worthless. 1-14 against the Pacers and he nearly single-handedly prevented us from running away with the game tonight.

Reaction Score
He had a good season and a good series against Miami. But he gets a LOT of open looks from 3. And if he’s not hitting them he’s pretty worthless. 1-14 against the Pacers and he nearly single-handedly prevented us from running away with the game tonight.
He's definitely rushing his shots. He needs to slow down a bit and gather himself before he shoots. With the other players the Celtics have he should get some easy looks.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
They also are just killing ya boy Kyrie.

He can certainly turn it around—he's that talented—but the speed and length is really bothering him.
Playoff series doesn’t start until the road team wins!
This Is Fine GIF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2eastusa

Top Bottom