NBA Draft | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes, I want a 4 who can play on the block, has a nice midrange game, etc. Green can't do any of this.

You're going to give a guy who averages 11 PPG in a wide open offense, who's 6-7 and has no classic 4 skills a max deal?

Crazy. He will be over paid to play at GSW. He fits their style, that no one else plays, because no one has a back court like that.

There isn't a single GM in the NBA that, if given the choice, would take Sullinger over Green. You're saying insane things because you won't concede that you're wrong.

Reaction Score
Everything about Winslow's game screams elite 3 and D guy. I'm not sure why Draymond Green and the power forward position were brought up. Great ball skills are no longer a prerequisite for a 3, if they ever were.

Reaction Score
Or possibly the biggest bust. A 6-6 guy who plays like a 4 doesn't work in the NBA. I know people will say Draymond Green, and it's a bad comparison. Green plays in the one system in the NBA he can be effective which is a lot like a college system because how they spread the floor with the Splash brothers and Barnes.

I would take Russell with #1, and then probably Towns, Mudiay, Okafaor or the top Euro guy.
What?:confused: The guys can drive,post and is a better shooter than he gets credit for. Have you really seen him play? YOu sound like i did when i was basing my opinion on what i heard and a couple of highlights. The kid can ball and he is going to be very very good.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Listen, I get that we're pissed that Duke beat us. And watching them win the tourney sucked. But that doesn't take away from how good Justise Winslow is.

Reaction Score
Draymond Green can literally guard all five positions. You can probably count the amount of NBA players who can do that on one hand.

Steve Kerr played him at the freaking five, in overtime, during game one, and they completely dominated. The Warriors defense ranked #1 in points allowed per possession, and Steve Kerr and everybody else within the organization were pretty vocal about crediting much of that to Green. If you think Thompson is a better defender than Green, you're lost.

His passing skills make him a plus at the other end, too, and would in most systems. Is he LaMarcus Aldridge? No. But it is no coincidence that the two best offensive teams in basketball - the Clippers and Golden State - both feature four men with extremely good passing skills. Everything in todays league is geared towards pick and roll, and the best way to aggressive defenses - particularly when you're trying to corral a wizard like Curry - is to punish them with passes to the weak side on rolls.

I don't know how any of this relates to Winslow - he is nothing like Green. @walker11 is correct that he is perfectly suited to be a three and D guy, the question is whether you want to take a three and D guy in the top five. Then again, he's like nineteen...I'm sure he can be more than that in time. Kawhi Leonard was drafted as that sort, and he's since become one of the best players in the league.

Reaction Score
Listen, I get that we're pissed that Duke beat us. And watching them win the tourney sucked. But that doesn't take away from how good Justise Winslow is.
This doesn't have anything to do with a Duke complex, this is just one poster who is on a completely different island with his basketball opinions.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
This doesn't have anything to do with a Duke complex, this is just one poster who is on a completely different island with his basketball opinions.

What I'm saying is, that's where I think that poster is coming from. Because I don't think anyone who watched Winslow play could say that stuff in an objective fashion.

Reaction Score
Here is my basic position

1) I think Winslow is a tweener and won't be a good NBA 3 and isn't big enough to play the 4
2) Green is #1 only it works well with the Dubs. I don't see him as an elite 4 because it wouldn't work with 15+ other NBA systems.

And yes, as a C's fan I'd rather have Sullinger than Green in their system and at the price.

What I'm saying is, that's where I think that poster is coming from. Because I don't think anyone who watched Winslow play could say that stuff in an objective fashion.

Reaction Score
Well he also said Draymond Green could only play for one NBA team, yes a PF that can dribble, pass, shoot, and is one of the best defenders in the league can only play for one team. Oh, and that he would take Jared Sullinger over him, his basketball opinions are pretty much null and void from here on out.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
My dream for the Knicks: trade Melo to the Lakers for #2 and draft whoever from Towns/Okafor is available. Then at 4, take whoever from Mundiay/Russell is available. 2/3 of a triangle offense at rookie salary.

Reaction Score
My dream for the Knicks: trade Melo to the Lakers for #2 and draft whoever from Towns/Okafor is available. Then at 4, take whoever from Mundiay/Russell is available. 2/3 of a triangle offense at rookie salary.
My dream for the Knicks: Dolan sells the team.

Reaction Score
He can pass, I agree. You said any team would want him at the 4. Really? Your statements are ridiculous. You're some authority. I doubt there are 5 NBA teams that would start him at the 4. He benefits by being in the most unique system in the NBA. They play like no one else in the league.

Well he also said Drayman Green could only play for one NBA team, yes a PF that can dribble, pass, shoot, and is one of the best defenders in the league can only play for one team. Oh, and that he would take Jared Sullinger over him, his basketball opinions are pretty much null and void from here on out.

Reaction Score
He can pass, I agree. You said any team would want him at the 4. Really? Your statements are ridiculous. You're some authority. I doubt there are 5 NBA teams that would start him at the 4. He benefits by being in the most unique system in the NBA. They play like no one else in the league.

You realize saying every team would want him doesn't exactly mean starting him, right? And now you dig further into the nonsense with the no team plays like GSW. There aren't teams as good as GSW and that have their talent, but to say no one tries run an offense with passing, cutting, screening and 3 point shooting further exposes that your basketball opinions are just completely off the wall.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ok, you also said he's worth max money. So teams would pay him max $$ as a 6th man?

Ok, I think you've admitted your original statements were baseless.

We agree, he's good in the Dubs system.

You realize saying every team would want him doesn't exactly mean starting him, right? And now you dig further into the nonsense with the no team plays like GSW. There aren't teams as good as GSW and that have their talent, but to say no one tries run an offense with passing, cutting, screening and 3 point shooting further exposes that your basketball opinions are just completely off the wall.

Reaction Score

I think Carmelo is pretty much untradeable since he signed a 5 year extension last fall. Who would want to take that on?

Reaction Score
This is just a ridiculous statement.

Reaction Score
Please quote where I said he was worth max money, please quote that specific post for me.

Ok, you also said he's worth max money. So teams would pay him max $$ as a 6th man?

Ok, I think you've admitted your original statements were baseless.

We agree, he's good in the Dubs system.

Reaction Score
Based on what? Few other teams would want him as their 4, they wouldn't. But whatever, you can play GM.

The one poster said every team would want him as their 4 and then recanted to say as a 6th man at max $$. That's plausible.

This is just a ridiculous statement.

Reaction Score
Based on what? Few other teams would want him as their 4, they wouldn't. But whatever, you can play GM.

The one poster said every team would want him as their 4 and then recanted to say as a 6th man at max $$. That's plausible.

...and now you're just typing up random nonsense, you should really sleep off whatever you've been drinking(or smoking).

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
BY Rule of Thumb No. 582B: if everyone else tells you that you're wrong and you can't find one person who agrees with you, you're wrong. I feel like that might be applicable here.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Translation: don't pay attention to anything I say about the NBA.

You'd rather have Jared Sullinger than Draymond Green? Your opinion officially doesn't count.

Translation: Green and Sulli a 2 completely different players so anyone comparing them or commenting on comparisons doesn't have an opinion that counts

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Not many teams want a one dimensional prima donna who refuses to play defense and basket hangs - what there is no zone in the NBA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom