NBA Draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Winslow is good but his jumper is suspect and measuring in at 6-4.5 without shoes isn't great, I think he'll be a nice player but I see no star potential with him.

Good thing you play Basketball with shoes on...

The no shoe measurement is a joke, the kid shot 42% from 3 lol give me break

Reaction Score
Winslow could be the best player out of this draft when all said and done. #withorwithoutshoes

Reaction Score
Or possibly the biggest bust. A 6-6 guy who plays like a 4 doesn't work in the NBA. I know people will say Draymond Green, and it's a bad comparison. Green plays in the one system in the NBA he can be effective which is a lot like a college system because how they spread the floor with the Splash brothers and Barnes.

I would take Russell with #1, and then probably Towns, Mudiay, Okafaor or the top Euro guy.

Winslow could be the best player out of this draft when all said and done. #withorwithoutshoes

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Or possibly the biggest bust. A 6-6 guy who plays like a 4 doesn't work in the NBA. I know people will say Draymond Green, and it's a bad comparison. Green plays in the one system in the NBA he can be effective which is a lot like a college system because how they spread the floor with the Splash brothers and Barnes.

I would take Russell with #1, and then probably Towns, Mudiay, Okafaor or the top Euro guy.
I've never seen a pf play like Winslow, even in college

Reaction Score
Winslow is 6-6, that's a 2 or 3 in the NBA. He can't play either position. I think he'll be a bust personally.

But I'm a Celts fan, they will likely take the best available white guy, maybe Dekker. No idea on him. A 1-2-3 of Smart, James Young and Sam Dekker is bottom 5 in the NBA. That is awful.

What I mean is he's a wing

Reaction Score
Winslow is 6-6, that's a 2 or 3 in the NBA. He can't play either position. I think he'll be a bust personally.

But I'm a Celts fan, they will likely take the best available white guy, maybe Dekker. No idea on him. A 1-2-3 of Smart, James Young and Sam Dekker is bottom 5 in the NBA. That is awful.

Kind of like Draymond Green is a bust at almost the exact same body style and very similar game? Not everyone needs to fit into the prototype size for their position in order to enjoy a career in the NBA. Many guys make their own and reinvent the position based upon their size.

Reaction Score
Read my previous post. I addressed Green. He plays in a wide open system where 80% of the attention goes to the Splash brothers. What other NBA teams play a 6-6 4? I'm not sure how effective he'd be in other systems, and Green is bigger than Winslow.

Kind of like Draymond Green is a bust at almost the exact same body style and very similar game? Not everyone needs to fit into the prototype size for their position in order to enjoy a career in the NBA. Many guys make their own and reinvent the position based upon their size.

Reaction Score
Winslow will play the 3. He can do a lot of things on the floor really well. He can be a boom or bust just like any player but I like him a lot. He's a winner and competitor. He was the best player for Duke last year.

Reaction Score
Read my previous post. I addressed Green. He plays in a wide open system where 80% of the attention goes to the Splash brothers. What other NBA teams play a 6-6 4? I'm not sure how effective he'd be in other systems, and Green is bigger than Winslow.

Winslow can play the 3 so I'm not saying he has to play the 4. He moves well in space and running the court, he is quick and athletic enough to guard most 3's on the perimeter and the quickness he gives up against some of the 3's he will make up with in strength. And yes he is just as big as DG. 225 to 230. And despite that he could get short spurts at a smaller 4 position who still rebounds well because he strong. There have been plenty to carve out decent minutes as vertically challenged 4's like Adrien, Blair, Evans, Boozer, Barkley just to name a random few off the top of my head.

Reaction Score
No way. They play a college system that no other teams play. He needs to be a 4th option. What other team wants a 4th option to be a 6-7 4? Randolph dominated him in the Memphis series statistically.

He can hang around and get some looks or 2nd chance off of Curry or Thompson plays.

You said he could play anywhere? That means you'd take him as a 4 over Zach, Blake, Duncan, Millsap, Aldridge, Love, Nene, Bosh, Dirk, Ant, West, etc.?

I'd rather have Sullinger than him as the Celtics, and he's not exactly as elite 4.

lol @ Draymond Green only being effective because he plays for GS. Green could play anywhere.

Reaction Score
No way. They play a college system that no other teams play. He needs to be a 4th option. What other team wants a 4th option to be a 6-7 4? Randolph dominated him in the Memphis series statistically.

He can hang around and get some looks or 2nd chance off of Curry or Thompson plays.

You said he could play anywhere? That means you'd take him as a 4 over Zach, Blake, Duncan, Millsap, Aldridge, Love, Nene, Bosh, Dirk, Ant, West, etc.?

I'd rather have Sullinger than him as the Celtics, and he's not exactly as elite 4.

You do realize the Green is a fantastic defender who can cover multiple positions, right? He's not a top 5 PF but I would certainly take him over Nene, West and Sullinger.

Reaction Score
That's what you'd have to be convinced of, he can be a strong 3. I don't see him having 3 skills, quickness, handle, shot, etc. I would take several guys ahead of him at the 5 or so. Porzingis, Booker, Lyles, Turner, etc.

But who knows, unless you can work the guys out you can't judge the college translation since you see styles different than they may be capable of.

Winslow can play the 3 so I'm not saying he has to play the 4. He moves well in space and running the court, he is quick and athletic enough to guard most 3's on the perimeter and the quickness he gives up against some of the 3's he will make up with in strength. And yes he is just as big as DG. 225 to 230. And despite that he could get short spurts at a smaller 4 position who still rebounds well because he strong. There have been plenty to carve out decent minutes as vertically challenged 4's like Adrien, Blair, Evans, Boozer, Barkley just to name a random few off the top of my head.

Reaction Score

picard-facepalm.png~c200

Reaction Score
He plays in a unique system that allows him to be effective. Bogut was all NBA 1st team and Thompson is an elite defender, so it's not like he's really ever asked to take the toughest matchup.

He is very, very good in their system.

You do realize the Green is a fantastic defender who can cover multiple positions, right? He's not a top 5 PF but I would certainly take him over Nene, West and Sullinger.

Reaction Score
He plays in a unique system that allows him to be effective. Bogut was all NBA 1st team and Thompson is an elite defender, so it's not like he's really ever asked to take the toughest matchup.

He is very, very good in their system.
you have it mixed up. bogut wasn't all nba 1st team, and thompson is an above average defender. draymond green is one of five best defensive players in the league. and yes he can play on any team and will be getting the max

Reaction Score
Yes, I want a 4 who can play on the block, has a nice midrange game, etc. Green can't do any of this.

You're going to give a guy who averages 11 PPG in a wide open offense, who's 6-7 and has no classic 4 skills a max deal?

Crazy. He will be over paid to play at GSW. He fits their style, that no one else plays, because no one has a back court like that.

Translation: don't pay attention to anything I say about the NBA.

You'd rather have Jared Sullinger than Draymond Green? Your opinion officially doesn't count.

Reaction Score
Yes, 2nd team all D for Bogut, had that wrong.

I think Green is a unique fit for GSW, wouldn't translate to most other teams. I like his effort, I just don't agree saying he's a max player or that any team would want him as their 4, or that because he's successful at GSW that Winslow will be a stud 4 at 6-6.

you have it mixed up. bogut wasn't all nba 1st team, and thompson is an above average defender. draymond green is one of five best defensive players in the league. and yes he can play on any team and will be getting the max

Reaction Score
Yes, 2nd team all D for Bogut, had that wrong.

I think Green is a unique fit for GSW, wouldn't translate to most other teams. I like his effort, I just don't agree saying he's a max player or that any team would want him as their 4, or that because he's successful at GSW that Winslow will be a stud 4 at 6-6.

dude who says the Winslow is playing the 4, he is clearly an NBA 3, and will be able to guard multiple positions. Its becoming clear your understanding of the NBA and talent is elementary

Reaction Score
I'm saying he played the 4 in college and has zero NBA 3 skills. That's why I think as a 4-5 pick he has bust potential. I don't see him as a classic 3, but that is strictly from watching him in college, no idea how his work outs have been.

And the statement was made "any team" would take Green as their starting 4 and pay him max. $$. I think anyone who says that knows nothing about the NBA.

dude who says the Winslow is playing the 4, he is clearly an NBA 3, and will be able to guard multiple positions. Its becoming clear your understanding of the NBA and talent is elementary

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Really weird post.

There is an approximately 0.0000000% chance that the Celtics will draft Dekker and start him and Young immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom