NBA draft thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

NBA draft thread

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I think Danny wanted windler at 34.

Reaction Score
I was never a Nasir Little fan. I think he is a little overweight and I don't get the hype on the athleticism. He always seemed a half step slow on defense in big games.

He weighed in at sub 6% body-fat, but didn't have a lot of weight-room reps. I think he's just got a strong base. So considering he's a strong, heavy kid and he still hit an 80th percentile vert for his height/position is a very strong sign. Plus his wingspan/reach checks out strongly, too. He's got a very good athletic profile.

Last edited:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Dubs...what?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
He weighed in at sub 6% body-fat, but didn't have a lot of weight-room reps. I think he's just got a strong base. So considering he's a strong, heavy kid and he still hit an 80th percentile vert for his height/position is a very strong sign. Plus his wingspan/reach checks out strongly, too. He's got a very good athletic profile.

He is a little thick for an NBA guard. I also question his motor. He deserved to go late first/early second round.

Bol Bol should be throwing chairs right now. He should have been a lottery pick tonight, but that ship sailed when he didn't play this year. He should have returned to school. He has gotten terrible advice from his entourage for years.

Reaction Score
He is a little thick for an NBA guard. I also question his motor. He deserved to go late first/early second round.

He's not a guard. He played 3/4 in college, will be a wing in the pros.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
He's not a guard. He played 3/4 in college, will be a wing in the pros.

He is going to play the 4 in the NBA at 6'6"? Who is he going to defend? You are welcome to take the position that 10 NBA franchises were wrong. We will find out in a little over 4 months.

Reaction Score
He is going to play the 4 in the NBA at 6'6"? Who is he going to defend? You are welcome to take the position that 10 NBA franchises were wrong. We will find out in a little over 4 months.
He has great athleticism, strength and length. Height doesn’t limit you to a position in the NBA if you haven’t got the memo.

Reaction Score

Yeah I didn't say 4 specifically, I said wing, which a reasonable person would assume is the 3 if he's 6'6". But with a 7'1" wingspan and if he adds to his 225 over time... yeah, he could probably eventually guard the 4 in some lineups in the modern NBA.

Reaction Score
Feel badly for Bol Bol. Loved his dad and it always made me so sad what happened to him.

Man. I knew his stock had slipped a bit from his initial end of the lottery projection, but the late 30s is kinda insane. The ceiling far outweighs the risk at this point in the draft. Hell, 10 picks ago that was true.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Man. I knew his stock had slipped a bit from his initial end of the lottery projection, but the late 30s is kinda insane. The ceiling far outweighs the risk at this point in the draft. Hell, 10 picks ago that was true.

Teams are picking stiffs like Smallagic and Gafford over Bol. Bol must have pissed someone off.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
He has great athleticism, strength and length. Height doesn’t limit you to a position in the NBA if you haven’t got the memo.

About half the players picked in the first round will ever be regular starters in the NBA. 10 teams bet that Little won't be one of them. I think they made the right bet.

Reaction Score
Love the Nuggets. Bol Bol and Michael Porter Jr., they have a ton of pieces.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Love the Nuggets. Bol Bol and Michael Porter Jr., they have a ton of pieces.

Teams that are drafting late are just looking for players that can contribute, and I think they got two.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Not really sure what's going on with the Celts. Ainge seems to he assembling a team full of wings with a dash of shooting guards who can't shoot. They better make a big splash in free agency or trades.

Williams is an under sized 4 who can play big due to his reach and his girth.

I love the Edwards pick as a scorer with decent body size and very good reach at over 6'6". He needs work on defense, but can score and drive to the hole.

Langford needs to improve his shooting, but has a pro body already and is unselfish and passes well.

The Celtics need a big man badly, but that should come in Free Agency come July 1st maybe in Vucivec from Orlando who would help big time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom