NBA draft thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

NBA draft thread

Reaction Score
Celtics are obsessed with dwarfs- Phil Pressey, Isaiah Thomas, Carsen Edwards, and Tremont Waters.

Reaction Score
I think Brantley is going to be a nice cheap Crowder replacement.

Reaction Score
Barrett was my #1 guy coming into the season. I'm very happy if that's how it ends up
I think hes going to be an absolute stud in the league. His shot will get better and better. I like that he wants to be a knick and I will be coming out to see him. It'd be great if the Knicks could sign Kemba and Kawhi:D

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Teams are picking stiffs like Smallagic and Gafford over Bol. Bol must have pissed someone off.

Neither are stiffs.

Gafford is a pro.

And Smallaigic was rising fast. Golden state bought 41 to get him. They initially tried to hide him from eveyeone by not letting him play in some g league showcase.

He destroyed the g league defensively as a true 18 year old (aka real college frosh age).

Is the foot injury Bol has the same as Embiid?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
My gut is that this will turn out to be the worst draft in a long time. The 2013 draft was pretty bad, with Giannis, Gobert and Oladipo, and then a few second tier starters and role players, with most of the draft washing out completely. This draft could be that bad.

the Q

Reaction Score
My gut is that this will turn out to be the worst draft in a long time. The 2013 draft was pretty bad, with Giannis, Gobert and Oladipo, and then a few second tier starters and role players, with most of the draft washing out completely. This draft could be that bad.

Yeah it’s probably not 2000 draft bad. Zion alone makes it better than 2013. Which had no true top of the draft player

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yeah it’s probably not 2000 draft bad. Zion alone makes it better than 2013. Which had no true top of the draft player

Giannis could be the best player on the planet next season. I don't see anyone in this draft ever being that good. Giannis was just insane luck by the Bucks, so I guess it is possible that someone in this draft explodes. Maybe.

I think Zion's upside is Larry Johnson with a longer runway, which would be a pretty good career. I don't think Morant or Barrett are locks to be stars, and I don't see a lot of off the charts upside in the rest of the draft. The surprises are never obvious, that is what makes them surprises, so I imagine some of these guys will exceed expectations. The weird thing is, that is kind of the experts approach to this draft. They figure a few of the players have to turn out good. Not exactly a strong endorsement of the talent level.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I feel like all the Zion hype has great potential inure to the benefit of Barrett and the Knicks. There will be tremendous focus and pressure on Zion to live up to expectations, and Barrett will be more under the radar and perhaps with a bit of a chip on his shoulder for being eclipsed by his former teammate, whom he was ranked ahead of coming into last season.

Would I rather the Knicks had gotten Zion? Probably. But I also feel like Zion would have far greater bust potential with the Knicks because they are so cursed, and because the spotlight is greater in New York. I really think it could be a blessing in disguise for all that it worked out this way.

Reaction Score
So Darius Bazley goes 23rd without stepping foot on Syracuse's campus and Tyus Battle decides to come back to school to play his way into the lottery and goes undrafted. Factor in the million dollars from New Balance and Bazley is off to quite a head start, financially.

Reaction Score
With the Pacers taking Goga Bitadze, I wonder if they’ll trade one of Sabonis or Turner. Either would be a good fit for Boston now.

the Q

Reaction Score
With the Pacers taking Goga Bitadze, I wonder if they’ll trade one of Sabonis or Turner. Either would be a good fit for Boston now.

I would love to pry turner away from them.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Some random Euro-rookie is going to enable Indiana to trade two of their top 6 players when they are challenging for an Eastern Conference title next season?

the Q

Reaction Score
Some random Euro-rookie is going to enable Indiana to trade two of their top 6 players when they are challenging for an Eastern Conference title next season?

Because sabonis is an rfa next year, they can’t play together and paying such a huge % of your cap to two guys who can’t play together is not an efficient use of resources

Reaction Score
I was with you until a few weeks ago, didn't think it made any sense. But their most played lineup with both guys played 52 minutes the entire season. Hard to justify keeping them both around when one is relegated to the bench at all times

Reaction Score
Pels and Hawks are the winners of the night, they're both set up with a ton of young talent. Like the Nuggets getting Bol Bol midway through the 2nd round, they can Michael Porter Jr. him.

Really interested in what the Mavs do this summer. Think Kemba would be a great fit for them.

Reaction Score
I meant one of the two, and if they’re going to let one leave in free agency, then yes they may want to get some value from them now rather than wait until it’s too late.

Turns out the GM was asked about this and wouldn’t rule it out, so it’s probably a lot more realistic than you seem to think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom