Nattering Nabobs of Negativism | The Boneyard

Nattering Nabobs of Negativism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am so sick of the tone of some members of the board.
They believe no one but they are graced with the knowledge of where we are.
They Pooh-Pooh any positive thread as the musings of the delusional.
Guess what those kinds of speculations are FUN.
Since this is a word unfamilar to some I will provide the definition.
1. A source of enjoyment, amusement, or pleasure.

2. Enjoyment; amusement: have fun at the beach.

3. Playful, often noisy, activity.

intr.v. funned, fun·ning, funs Informal
To behave playfully; joke.

adj. Informal
Enjoyable; amusing: "You're a real fun guy" (Margaret Truman).
Idiom:
for/in fun
As a joke; playfully.

I know the other function of this board is to inform.
However to inform requires the acquisition of some knowledge
Anything else is merely speculation.
Since negative speculation doesn't inform and isn't fun.
What point does it serve
At least positive speculation satisfies the definition of fun

PS To quote Bob Dylan
"what a drag it is to be you"

Reaction Score
Some people here lack warrior mentalities and want to be fed milk bottles. Or simply need to see a psychiatrist.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There is nothing more negative than advocating a strategy that increases the chances of total failure.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I will pay $100 to whoever tracks down the original poster and crams his pom-poms into his vagina.

I don't like peppiness.

Reaction Score
Do you prefer an insane asylum? You can always nuke more threads.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Sounds like a plan.

Shall I start with yours'?

Reaction Score
I will pay $100 to whoever tracks down the original poster and crams his pom-poms into his vagina.

I don't like peppiness.
Seeing as how one of these nutjobs is bound to take you up on your offer, don't be surprised if you're charged with being an accomplice.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Meh, $100 bucks doesn't even cover the airfare.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I didn't even check who wrote it....now it makes sense.

Of course he's an optimist - he lives in Arizona and isn't enduring his 212th snowstorm of the year.

Now I really hate him.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I just loves me that Atlantic 12. Woohoo! I just can't wait for Tulane.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'd like to start a theory that Tulane's inclusion was specifically for the purpose of getting the AAU people stinking drunk in NO, setting them up with hookers, then blackmailing them to get UConn in.

Now that's positive thinking.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Isn't the B1G thread for absurd, delusional posts? Do we need another thread for that?

Reaction Score
Make the best of what you have, position yourself for something better. Who would you pick to come in next? The guy that's smiling, cheering everyone else on, actively into the situation or the guy that's grumbling about his plight to the guys next to him, kicking his heel against the bench to get someone to turn their head. You catch more bees with honey than you do with vinegar.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
There is nothing more negative than advocating a strategy that increases the chances of total failure.

Sorry, but we are already in total failure. It's called the America 12...and if we all followed your opinions, we would go even lower than this. There is nothing negative about fans who advocate for UConn and who do not devalue the University like "fans" such as yourself. If you can't see the enormous growth potential in UConn in a major conference such as the B1G, then that's your problem. Advocating for shutting down football and begging the lowly likes of Providence, Seton Hall, and DePaul for acceptance into their mediocre basketball conference is far beneath the excellence strived for at UConn. And right there is the disconnect between fans like you and I: I will never accept settling. UConn is a national brand that deserves a national stage, not the middling after-thought venues that you advocate for. If you can't see that, then that's your failure.

pj

Reaction Score
As if you know what you're talking about. Please, go see a psychiatrist.

He does know what he is talking about. His shut-down-football strategy increases the chance of total failure, and there is nothing more negative than advocating it.

Reaction Score
It's too late, the inmates have taken over the asylum. Now if we could only nuke some posters...

Reaction Score
Careful now, Nelson doesn't like it when we point out how dumb his idea is, every sport in his scheme will get a ribbon, that's positive right!?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You know, I used to be an optimist, but the NCAA and conference realignment taking turns throat punching me every 18 months or so kind of beat that out me. Now I have a kind of simmering resentment/ low grade persistent anger. Not horrible, just enough that I'm likely to beat someone death for taking my parking spot. From the posts on the board I think many of you are right there with me.

But I do not natter, sir, so at least there's that.

Reaction Score
I'd like to start a theory that Tulane's inclusion was specifically for the purpose of getting the AAU people stinking drunk in NO, setting them up with hookers, then blackmailing them to get UConn in.

Now that's positive thinking.

Obviously you have not spent time in New Orleans. The great thing about New Orleans, like Vegas, is that you don't have to get people stinking drunk just to set them up with hookers.

Reaction Score
Make the best of what you have, position yourself for something better. Who would you pick to come in next? The guy that's smiling, cheering everyone else on, actively into the situation or the guy that's grumbling about his plight to the guys next to him, kicking his heel against the bench to get someone to turn their head. You catch more bees with honey than you do with vinegar.

I'll take the guy who keeps his mouth shut and is clearly better than everyone else.

Reaction Score
I didn't even check who wrote it....now it makes sense.

Of course he's an optimist - he lives in Arizona and isn't enduring his 212th snowstorm of the year.

Now I really hate him.

Wahhhhh - you live in New England where it snows when it's cold. I love people that complain about the weather, yet you are the one who decides where you live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom