Nattering Nabobs of Negativism | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nattering Nabobs of Negativism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
There is nothing more negative than advocating a strategy that increases the chances of total failure.

You should know:
"Shut down the football program"
"I Want UMass"
"A case for Football Independence"
"The Mojo is already leaving this program"

Advocating any one of these strategies certainly increases the chance of total failure.

Reaction Score
You should know:
"Shut down the football program"
"I Want UMass"
"A case for Football Independence"
"The Mojo is already leaving this program"

Advocating any one of these strategies certainly increases the chance of total failure.
Did you know that John Lennon wrote a song for Nelson?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Did you know that John Lennon wrote a song for Nelson?

I know nothing about Nelson as a person, so I try and stay away from personal attacks. Some of his ideas espoused here are quite through the looking glass. That is what I choose to debate/refute/label as batcrapnuts.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Obviously you have not spent time in New Orleans. The great thing about New Orleans, like Vegas, is that you don't have to get people stinking drunk just to set them up with hookers.

Well, it's been 30 years since my one and only NO hooker. I rode on the back of a garbage truck to get back to my hotel, so my memory is cloudy on how things worked :)

Reaction Score
I didn't even check who wrote it....now it makes sense.

Of course he's an optimist - he lives in Arizona and isn't enduring his 212th snowstorm of the year.

Now I really hate him.
Quite an assumption - mayve his 500th Snowstorm?? Snow falls for Hartford and one of Arizonas laarger cities;

Average total snowfall and days with fresh snow in Flagstaff
Days InchesCentimetres
7.2 January 22.5 57.2
6.9 February 22.2 56.4
6.5 March 21.9 55.6
2.8 April 6.7 17.0
0.7 May 0.6 1.5
0.5 October 1.2 3.0
2.9 November 10.6 26.9
6.2 December 17.9 45.5
33.7 Year 103.6

Average total snowfall and days with fresh snow in
Hartford
Days InchesCentimetres
5.8 January 12.3 31.2
4.7 February 11.0 27.9
3.5 March 6.4 16.3
0.5 April 1.4 3.6
0.9 November 2.0 5.1
4.7 December 7.4 18.8
20.1 Year 40.5 102.9

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I just loves me that Atlantic 12. Woohoo! I just can't wait for Tulane.

Enough about Tulane. Yes they aren't very good at football. But we sound a lot like the jerks at FSU and elsewhere who denigrate the UConn football program. They are raising money quickly to build a new stadium on campus, opening in 2014. Probably will be a fun place to play. They have a fairly new coach. They are building new practice and training facilities. They are in a much better recruiting location than UConn. It is an excellent university, with much to be proud of. If we beat them like a drum for the next few years, that's fine, we need the wins. UConn is hardly a paragon of football excellence that can afford to look down on others.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Enough about Tulane. Yes they aren't very good at football. But we sound a lot like the jerks at FSU and elsewhere who denigrate the UConn football program. They are raising money quickly to build a new stadium on campus, opening in 2014. Probably will be a fun place to play. They have a fairly new coach. They are building new practice and training facilities. They are in a much better recruiting location than UConn. It is an excellent university, with much to be proud of. If we beat them like a drum for the next few years, that's fine, we need the wins. UConn is hardly a paragon of football excellence that can afford to look down on others.

I'm sorry...I won't let it happen again.

Really

Reaction Score
Does anyone remember the Metro conference in the mid-to-late 70's? Louisville, Cinncinati, St. Louis, Georgia Tech (between their SEC and ACC days), etc. and Tulane. Granted Tulane was at the bottom of the pack, but it was a damn good basketball conference.

Reaction Score
Does anyone remember the Metro conference in the mid-to-late 70's? Louisville, Cinncinati, St. Louis, Georgia Tech (between their SEC and ACC days), etc. and Tulane. Granted Tulane was at the bottom of the pack, but it was a damn good basketball conference.
I had to look it up. Memphis was the other charter member. Added later were Florida State, Virginia Tech, Southern Mississippi, and South Carolina.

Reaction Score
Wahhhhh - you live in New England where it snows when it's cold. I love people that complain about the weather, yet you are the one who decides where you live.
You are right, going forward everyone can and should choose where they live solely based on climate. Since I assume you already knew this get some bunkbeds & cots cuz its going to be super crowded at your house. Not Arizona but Hawaii right?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm sorry...I won't let it happen again.

Really

Not you really...but everyone, every day Tulane this and Tulane that. As if there is a single football program in the league that can claim some kind of elite status. On the basketball side of things, we have that. But otherwise Tulane has as much chance to be decent in football five years from now as most of the rest of the league, and is a much, much better university than everybody but UConn and SMU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom