OT: - National Tell a Joke Day | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: National Tell a Joke Day

Reaction Score
A Uconn fan runs up to her neighbor the night after the Four Four and says, "I lost power with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter! What happened?!?" The neighbor says, "Well . . . we won! But there were some complications. Liv and Christyn collided going for a rebound; they're both out with concussions. Aubrey apparently has the flu. Anna is being held over some visa issue. Also, Geno accidentally bumped a ref arguing a call; he's suspended for the rest of the tournament."

The Uconn fan exclaims, "On no! That's terrible!"

The neighbor replies: "Just kidding! We lost in OT."

Reaction Score
What's brown and sticky? A stick.

A college kid is standing in the 10 items or less line at a Cambridge supermarket with a cart full of groceries. The cashier pointed to the sign and wondered if the kid was from MIT and couldn't read or from Harvard and couldn't count.

Guy goes on a business trip to a port city. His meetings finish early one afternoon and he decides to do some sightseeing. He finds himself down by the docks where he spies a musty looking antiques shop. Curiosity piqued, he wanders in. After browsing for about 15 minutes, the proprietor walks over and a conversation ensues.

Shop Owner: See anything you like?
Man: I was looking at that brass rat over there. How much is it?
Shop Owner: Were you interested in just the rat or the rat and the story?
Man: What's the difference?
Shop Owner: Just the rat is $25, but if you want the rat and the story it's $500.
Man: Just the rat will be fine.

Back outside, purchase tucked under his arm, the man continues his walk. After a few steps he gets a strange feeling. He turns and sees a real rat following him. Man continues walking a few steps but the feeling doesn't disappear. He turns again. Two rats are following him. A few more steps, another peek back and four rats. The man picks up his pace. He turns again and 8 rats. He begins trotting, 16 rats. A bit faster more rats. Faster still and the rats are still multiplying. Finally he's down by the docks sprinting toward the water. Every rat in the city is running after him. At the last moment he sees a light pole, jumps as high as he can, grabs the pole with one arm and throws his brass prize as far as he can into the harbor. The rats all jump in the water, swim out to where the metal icon disappeared and swim around and around until they all drown.

Exhausted, the man walks back up the hill toward the shop. The proprietor is just closing up when he sees the man approach. He unlocks the door and invites the man in.

Shop Owner: I see you've come back for the story.
Man: Actually, I was wondering if you had any brass lawyers.

Reaction Score
A Uconn fan runs up to her neighbor the night after the Four Four and says, "I lost power with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter! What happened?!?" The neighbor says, "Well . . . we won! But there were some complications. Liv and Christyn collided going for a rebound; they're both out with concussions. Aubrey apparently has the flu. Anna is being held over some visa issue. Also, Geno accidentally bumped a ref arguing a call; he's suspended for the rest of the tournament."

The Uconn fan exclaims, "On no! That's terrible!"

The neighbor replies: "Just kidding! We lost in OT."
I realize it's a joke and all but you've hit a bit of a sore spot. We always lose in overtime.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom