OT: - National Tell a Joke Day | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: National Tell a Joke Day

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So a man walks into a bar and says to the bartender, “hey, will you give me a free beer if I show you something amazing you’ve never seen before?”
The bartender says, “sure, but it’d better be good.”
The man reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out a hamster. He sets the hamster down on the bar, and the hamster runs along the bar, jumps off the end, turns a somersault in midair and lands on the piano. He the proceeds to play the piano beautifully. The bartender says, “Wow! That was incredible! Have a beer.”
The man finishes his beer and says to the bartender, “hey, if I show you something else amazing that you’ve never seen before, will you give me another free beer?”
“If it’s as amazing as the hamster, sure,” the bartender replies.
So the man reaches back into his coat pocket, and pulls out a frog. He sets the frog down on the bar, and the frog begins to sing beautifully. The bartender is again amazed, and gets the man another beer.
As the man is drinking his beer, another man rushes over and says “Holy , a singing frog! I’ll give you $200 for that frog.”
The first man says “Deal!” and sells him the frog. The bartender walks over and says, “not that it’s my business, but that was a singing frog, for heaven’s sake. Why would you sell it for only $200? You could have made millions off of it.”
The man says, “nah, don’t worry. The hamster’s also a ventriloquist.”

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Not a joke, but my Dangerfield joke reminds me. There is a beautiful little cemetery now hidden behind buildings in the center of Westwood Village near UCLA. Marylin Monroe’s nondescript crypt is there in a wall of similar crypts, distinguished only by an attached bouquet, a custom started by Joe DiMaggio. There are also many separate burial plots. Several celebs, including Dangerfield, are buried there. The cemetery allows all kinds of inscriptions on the tombstones. Dangerfield’s says “There goes the neighborhood”. One of the other funny one’s is Merv Griffin. “I will not be back after the following commercial”.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
So a man walks into a bar and says to the bartender, “hey, will you give me a free beer if I show you something amazing you’ve never seen before?”
The bartender says, “sure, but it’d better be good.”
The man reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out a hamster. He sets the hamster down on the bar, and the hamster runs along the bar, jumps off the end, turns a somersault in midair and lands on the piano. He the proceeds to play the piano beautifully. The bartender says, “Wow! That was incredible! Have a beer.”
The man finishes his beer and says to the bartender, “hey, if I show you something else amazing that you’ve never seen before, will you give me another free beer?”
“If it’s as amazing as the hamster, sure,” the bartender replies.
So the man reaches back into his coat pocket, and pulls out a frog. He sets the frog down on the bar, and the frog begins to sing beautifully. The bartender is again amazed, and gets the man another beer.
As the man is drinking his beer, another man rushes over and says “Holy # 2, a singing frog! I’ll give you $200 for that frog.”
The first man says “Deal!” and sells him the frog. The bartender walks over and says, “not that it’s my business, but that was a singing frog, for heaven’s sake. Why would you sell it for only $200? You could have made millions off of it.”
The man says, “nah, don’t worry. The hamster’s also a ventriloquist.”
That made me almost croak.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Not jokes exactly, but quotes from another legendary funny man, W C Fields:

A woman once drove me to drink, and I didn't even have the decency to thank her.
Start off every day with a smile, and get it over with.
Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.
And of course, when asked what should be engraved on his tombstone, Fields famously quipped "On the whole, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
OT: National Tell a Joke Day

JOKE: Joanne P. McCallie as a head coach at Duke.
No punchline, but the title of the thread referencing the "telling" of a joke, so there you go, Boneyarders!

Apologies in advance, And, thankfully, my post is now finished, as is McCallie's tenure at Duke. ;-)

@triaddukefan , @EricLA , @vowelguy , @Dillon77 , @CocoHusky

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom