National Championship or ACC?

Would you rather...

• Win the next 2 NCAA National Championships

Votes: 145 51.4%
  • Receive an invite to the ACC

Votes: 137 48.6%

• Total voters

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The university can give up all it's sports for all I care. I never in my wildest dreams predicted winning one championship never mind winning so many NC's between the men's and women's teams. I want more but don't need them. I would never ever trade a championship for a better conference. I bet more than 90% of fans supporting teams in P5 conferences would trade their position to have UConn's accomplishment and bad conference. Only a few universities hold multiple championships.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If we won the next 2 titles, we wouldn't need the ACC. Still ACC by a mile.

Reaction Score
If we win the National title again we’ll just have to read Courant articles about the university lost money by not selling their allotment of Final Four packages and how Hurley had to pay out of pocket for the parade.
At least they won’t be from Jacobs.

Reaction Score
I voted for the 2 N.C.'s.
Think about what the ACC has done for the programs who moved from the BIG EAST.
As far as winning....not much.
It should be all about winning from a fans point of view.
I can't recall who said in another post a while back that the southern bias of the refs in the ACC has really hurt those BIG EAST transplants to the ACC. I agree.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
You’re so right. Tulsa, ECU, Tulane are so much better. The AAC is such a powerhouse
Last year you would have included USF, and a couple years before that, UCF, but look how much those teams have improved. The AAC has solid teams and is on the upswing, in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Last year you would have included USF, and a couple years before that, UCF, but look how much those teams have improved. The AAC has solid teams and is on the upswing, in my opinion.
Oh it’s definitely getting better and isn’t that bad of a conference. UConn just doesn’t fit this group of teams.

Reaction Score
I'd love an ACC invite but I really don't see how being the second team to repeat in the last 25 years isn't the pick.
National champions in consecutive years? With Florida being the only men's hoop team to repeat in the last 25 years and Bama and maybe Nebraska the last repeat gridiron national champions, which school? Great to be enthusiastic ...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Who are the 72 morons that don’t want to win the next two championships?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'd rather watch us play the upper tier ACC competition. This is entertainment after all. And on a serious note, our AD needs that money.

Reaction Score
Winning in 2014 did nothing for the long-term standing of this program. Maybe a different coach would have kept the momentum going, but getting into a P5 would give us stability in a way that not even a championship can guarantee.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
People choosing 2 championships because money magically grows on trees and don’t care about the long term viability of the school. That’s pretty sad, I guess that’s how we got to this point. I guess this is why we have a crowd that wants us to move to the big east...

Reaction Score
People choosing 2 championships because money magically grows on trees and don’t care about the long term viability of the school. That’s pretty sad, I guess that’s how we got to this point. I guess this is why we have a crowd that wants us to move to the big east...
Can you assure me that the current ACC will even be around in 10 years? 20 years? This business model is destined for failure and the future is bleak even for the have nots(which we would be) of the ACC. Hell, give me the ship. You have that forever. What you won't have is the current structure and I am not sure where UConn lands regardless of the conference they play in now.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Where is the "return to the Big East and live out everyone's fantasy by playing DePaul, Creighton, Butler, and Seton Hall in conference" option?

Our incoming president's remarks concerning the football program have thrown some ice water on that nonsense. Last year during an interview, NBE commish Val Ackerman practically said she'd have to see a wrecking ball destroying P&W Stadium before UCONN would be considered for admission to her conference.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Said Syracuse

Syracuse plays zone as their primary defensive strategy they have done incredibly given what they are working with there. They just don't win titles. Why can't we be objective here...

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
ACC.

I’d go so far as to say I’d give back the 2014 title to get that invite. If you are voting title I don’t think you understand how this sport works.

Reaction Score
The Ultimate goal is Chips. Who knows the two chips could lead to an invite somewhere but getting into the ACC doesn't mean we get two chips. 6 Chips, are you kidding me! Damn right going for the chips.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom