Nate Roberts | The Boneyard

Nate Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if UConn or Syracuse are really recruiting him anymore. He hasn't developed as well as people expected skill-wise, and was more or less a non-factor in EYBL and Peach Jam play.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Seen him play twice. Underskilled for his size it seemed. Doesn't get much accomplished. Big body though

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
current Nebraska PG, used to play at Brewster:

Reaction Score
I saw him a couple times at Brewster but I was focused on Makai and Wilson. He wasn't a starter, and I doubt he will be this year. He was good enough to notice, but must have grown recently, because he was more like 6'8. In terms of body type, movement, and limited basketball skills, he was a Marcus White type. He was very active but not proficient or efficient at anything. Like Facey, he was very fleet and looked like he had potential. He didn't put the ball on the floor or make any offensive moves that I recall. He is the kind of player that could improve significantly, especially if his body was still growing when I saw him. I'm sure it takes time for a kid to adjust to his own growth. He is not going to be a power player or a rim protector from the center position, He would protect the rim from off the ball like Donyell did. I doubt he will have any outside game, but maybe he just wasn't ready as a Jr. He isn't the low post scoring/rebounding/impact stud that we need, but he is another potentially good player like we have now on the roster. Brewster doesn't start their season until after the early signing period so I won't be able to see him again to reevaluate

Reaction Score
Would not be opposed to getting a kid that needs a couple of years of seasoning through red shirting and practice squad. If he contribute 10-20 minutes a minute soph through senior year, I would be in favor. Would like see some kids come for the 4-5 yr ride.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't see a heck of a lot of downside to recruiting a relatively well-regarded 6'11" kid from the best prep school program on the planet.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I don't see a heck of a lot of downside to recruiting a relatively well-regarded 6'11" kid from the best prep school program on the planet.

What planet?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
What planet?

I was under the impression that Brewster was pretty universally seen as not just the class of the NEPSAC, but ahead of nationwide schools like Sunrise, Montverde, and Findlay. Who would you rank ahead of them?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We should only take this kid if it means establishing roots in their program. He doesn't sound good enough to take this early based on talent.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Any list that not only doesn't feature a single NEPSAC school (much less ranks Fairfield Prep as the top HS program in New England) should not be taken seriously.
OK......................

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
OK.......

I'm not going to give a list authority just because it exists on the internet. That one is just as valid as the one UCDaveD posted a few months ago about how UTEP had a better recruiting class than we did.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Any list that not only doesn't feature a single NEPSAC school (much less ranks Fairfield Prep as the top HS program in New England) should not be taken seriously.

Forget it - he got lost at "prep program."

Brewster's won the National Prep Championship five times since 2010.

There's no one close.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Forget it - he got lost at "prep program."

Brewster's won the National Prep Championship five times since 2010.

There's no one close.

Yeah I got lost
My bad - show me the way old sage

Reaction Score
I'm not going to give a list authority just because it exists on the internet. That one is just as valid as the one UCDaveD posted a few months ago about how UTEP had a better recruiting class than we did.
:cool:

Reaction Score
Come on man Brewster is the class of the field. I get debating for debates sake, but you'd have to make so may caveats for Brewster to not be number one it's just not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom