Napheesa Collier Thread; new video | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Napheesa Collier Thread; new video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good pickup for the huskies, she is around 6'1 and more of a wing/slasher than a post, same for KLS and Golecki except they are not slashers they are shooters, only Boykin is considered more of a PF or 4 that can play perimeter,

If all four who visited verbal we could have five wings between the 2014/2015 classes, and maybe only one that can play post,

In 2015 our post would be Stewart, Tuck, and maybe Boykin, Geno will have develop Collier to play post which I'm sure he will

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Good pickup for the huskies, she is around 6'1 and more of a wing/slasher than a post, same for KLS and Golecki except they are not slashers they are shooters, only Boykin is considered more of a PF or 4 that can play perimeter,

If all four who visited verbal we could have five wings between the 2014/2015 classes, and maybe only one that can play post,

In 2015 our post would be Stewart, Tuck, and maybe Boykin, Geno will have develop Collier to play post which I'm sure he will

Brown in 2015. I feel pretty good about that one happening.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Brown in 2015. I feel pretty good about that one happening.

Your lips to God's ears DD. In this case, your keyboard to God's monitor, I guess.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Asia Durr on 3rd team? Isn't Asia the #1 player 2015? I don't know how Napheesa and Katie Lou are on the first team while Asia is 3rd team and Edwards 5th team!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Asia Durr on 3rd team? Isn't Asia the #1 player 2015? I don't know how Napheesa and Katie Lou are on the first team while Asia is 3rd team and Edwards 5th team!
Just like the recruiting services have differences, so does maxpreps. For whatever reason, they have NC and KLS higher than Asia...

Reaction Score
They say that they focus heavily on production in high school, while college rankings almost exclusively focus on talent and potential. For example, Asia Durr's strong performance for team USA had a huge impact in bolstering her #1 ranking, but likely wasn't a factor for Max Prep at all.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Some more information from Jim Fuller's latest blog: http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2014/04/versatility-and-unselfishness-hallmarks.html

Everything I have been hearing was that Napheesa Collier was the top of UConn's recruiting wish list in the star-studded Class of 2015.

Interesting. Her versatility and unselfishness explain why. Sounds like a perfect fit for UConn. According to her HS coach:

"She's 6-1, long, lanky athlete, smooth offensively. She could play on the perimeter, post you up, take you off the dribble and a great offensive rebounder. Defensively we can have her guard anybody from a point guard down to a post. I think her versatility and her ability to play different spots makes her so intriguing."

Rolfes loves to recall the story of when Collier passed up shots she normally takes and makes with ease and when he asked her why, it was so one of her teammates to reach the 1,000-point mark in the game.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Fantastic news. Welcome to Mount Olympus Napheesa! :)

From the various articles and videos I've now had the pleasure of seeing, Napheesa's athleticism, skillset, size and body type reminds me a great deal of Swin Cash. IIRC, that worked out pretty darn well!

Last edited:

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Carl Adamec: Family atmosphere at UConn won over Collier LINK

Napheesa Collier joked that the hug she got from coach Geno Auriemma Sunday would be the last she’d get in her career with the University of Connecticut women’s basketball team.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
#7 ESPN / Olson
#6 Full Court
#15 Blue Star
#4 ASGR

#4 Prospect Nation

For future reference, this is an example where Blue Star is the "outlier" amongst the ranking services.

Side note...the Full Court rankings are complied by Clay Kallam, Bob Corwin, Simmie Colson, Kelvin Powell and Kelly Kline. Clay Kallam also does the MaxPreps honors.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Carl Adamec: Family atmosphere at UConn won over Collier LINK

Napheesa Collier joked that the hug she got from coach Geno Auriemma Sunday would be the last she’d get in her career with the University of Connecticut women’s basketball team.

Her sense of humor will help. She did notice the hug shared between Geno and Bria:

But then Collier recalled the embrace between Auriemma and Huskies’ senior guard Bria Hartley with a minute to go in UConn’s national championship game victory over Notre Dame on April 8 in Nashville, Tenn.

“That was such a sweet moment,” Collier said. “It shows how much his players mean to him and how much he means to his players when you see that kind of reaction.”

Interesting nugget from Carl. I didn't know Collier, Boykin and KLS will be teammates at the 3x3 event.

Up next for Collier is USA Basketball’s U-18 national team trials in Colorado Springs May 24-26. She will then take part in the 3×3 U-18 national championship tournament May 30-June 1, also at the United States Olympic Training Center.

Ironically, two of the players that she met on her visit — De’Janae Boykin (6-3 forward, Springdale, Md.) and Katie Lou Samuelson (6-3 wing, Huntington Beach, Calif.) — will be her teammates in the 3×3 event.

“It was great to get to know them before the tournament,” Collier said. “I played in the 3×3 tournament last year. But I’m really looking forward to trying to make the U-18 team.”

Reaction Score
So what kind of nickname will we give her. Nephy doesn't sound quite right, too much like nephew.
How about Collie? Pretty closely related to Husky.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
So what kind of nickname will we give her. Nephy doesn't sound quite right, too much like nephew.
Her name translation is "Precious One"!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I sort of like 'NC' it reminds me of something ... still thinking ... oh yeah ... and if she just happened to chose a uniform number like say ... 10, or maybe 11, or 12 ...
NC12 sounds like a good short hand for her doesn't it!:cool:

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
It seems that from the @PHEEsespieces already mentioned that her nickname is probably Phee ("Fee")

As in move your feet when you defend her, or you will have to "Pay The Fee".

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
She's also a boxer. How could you not like this kid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom